The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MS offering Office for 59.99 to students.

Quagzmort

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Apr 9, 2008
MI
Hello all,
I came across this today on my college's website. It is such a good deal I wanted to post it although it expires in three days on 4/30/08. Sorry I didn't see it sooner =(

If you're a college student of any sort and can prove it, Microsoft is allowing you to buy MC Office Ultimate 2007 for 59.99. You must have a valid .edu e-mail address, and be able to prove you are enrolled in college at least .05 hours.

Here's the link, and it is also on the MS website if you would like to verify.
The full retail for this package is $695.00, so if you are eligible, it's a GREAT savings!

http://www.theultimatesteal.com/store/msshus/ContentTheme/pbPage.microsoft_office_ultimate

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Edit - here's the Microsoft link
http://www.microsoft.com/education/ultimatesteal.mspx

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

LaurenO

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 28, 2007
Phoenix
I feel I must mention that the 0.5 credit hours they speak of actually means half time, not half a credit. Microsoft chose a bad way to convey this...especially since you are required to repay the $700-something full price tag if you are found to not meet the requirements. Ahh the fine print huh? Still an awesome deal though if you qualify!

Quagzmort

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Apr 9, 2008
MI
I feel I must mention that the 0.5 credit hours they speak of actually means half time, not half a credit. Microsoft chose a bad way to convey this...especially since you are required to repay the $700-something full price tag if you are found to not meet the requirements. Ahh the fine print huh? Still an awesome deal though if you qualify!

Great point. Thank you for pointing that out. I misunderstood it.

Yes, great deal. I was wanting to buy the current office anyway, and this was perfect timing for us.

Just one more reminder to throughly read the fine print on any deal, and be sure you understand it.

Quagzmort :smx3:

howard_two

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Apr 16, 2008
How about MS Office Enterprise 2007 for a better price.... $0 :D....I am just kidding....I didn't say anything...:smxF:

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
Good find, Ill be passing this one along to a few friends. :) Speed+

White8

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 6, 2007
Salem, OR
That is a great find for students and certainly better than the "free" version that happens to end up on your computer somehow. :eusa_naughty:

In the last couple of years I've come to the conclusion that in most business situations Open Office, which is a free open source product that is very similar to MS Office and will open and save documents in MS formats, is a good choice since few users use the more advanced aspects of MS Office.

Banthaman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 15, 2008
Earth... yes that is specific
You might just want to check out open office. I use it very comparable to MS office and test show in most cases it beats out MS office 2003 version. best of all its open source so its a free download( ok so I'm a Linux geek). 2.4 is latest version and it comes in distros for Microsoft and Linux. Word for the less savvy, Open office default saves to a .odt (and the like) file extension to make it compatible with MS office just select 98/2000/xp format when saving.

www.openoffice.org for more details

howard_two

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Apr 16, 2008
How about google office....it's free and allows you to save your docs online.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
If you really want to get cheap software and you're in college -- Take a part time job at a computer store like CompUSA. I worked there in college, and they used to give me so much free software -- I used to give it away or sell it on Ebay (Even though it says NOT FOR RESALE! haha) -- for big profits. I remember I got a copy of office 99 or something once for free, and sold it on Ebay for $400 bucks the next day, before it was even released to the public. That money bought a lot of pizza & beer back in those days! Once US Robotics gave us all free modems when they first invented the 56k modems, and they were a huge deal -- selling for $300 bucks each. They figured if the salesmen had em & used them, we'd sell them -- And we did!

- Hakrjak

Banthaman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 15, 2008
Earth... yes that is specific
Keeping to the more legal road, Google office (docs/apps) is a very minimal application, Open office does have a more minimalist approach but has the addition of plug-ins and you can add fonts, for a more professional version (though still cheaper than MS office, sun has Star office. If your a friend of Apple iworks looks pretty decent (never tried it though).

As for the online storage when it comes to documents of a more personal nature, do you really want to store those online? It's up to you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.