The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
G

Guest1413tpa

Me fail English? That’s unpossible. :rofl:

Nassim Taleb has the same motto, find the worst looking doctor. He has to be good if he looks that bad.

I get it…

Until I don’t.

Raising Capital while creating an association of “throwing money in the trash” to save a Panda… hard road to financial freedom.

Best of luck. Hope I’m wrong.
I get your qualms and they are well recieved. If this was a company that was joint with others, and didn't have the personality & persona of myself driving it, then there would be problems. I forsee that it will only be me tied to this, and eventually it will become a 100% hold-co, so thats why I am optimistic.

We shall see when I raise capital (what a lofty goal this seems, ugh!). Honestly, the winds are changing in the financial world, the types of people I work with and market to are the ones that love the name and my personality. I'm very much of the opinion that if you don't like the name or me, then we shouldn't be working together, for both of our sakes. I'm also seeing as the older generation retires and my generation and Gen Z come on board, things are becoming looser. Just look at #FinTwit on Twitter -> I'm quite tame compared to some of the other people there.

I don't think there will be an issue getting SBA financing or raising capital from the right people though, as I have been having those converstations with people that love the name. I mean... if a firm named Banana Capital can raise money...

Thats how I got Curators off the ground in the first place, its a 50/50 partnership where my biz partner is providing the majority of capital injection. He approached me because he found the Trash Panda Capital offering and wanted in on it, but mentioned that we needed to change the name to apply to a mass market. We also decided to move that original offering to the Curators name because it is more professional.

I do have another Capital name floating around, but that is for VC related things with a partner, where we have to act a bit more professional, as we are raising 100s of thousands.

If it ever really became a problem, I would just figure it out then.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest1413tpa

Aloha all.

Been a bit so I thought I would post an update.

Things have been going well to say the least. Curators is profitable and growing (slowly but steadily), I am working on a new Trash Panda Capital Port-Co with a friend (website holding company, Aerodrawings will go in here soon), in the early stages of partnering with another friend on a different Port-Co, and maintaining physical and mental wellbeing as best as I can.

I'm burned out though. Lost a close friend through a business disagreement, which had a small monitary loss and also taught me lessons about people.

Since I was sick in November, I've just been taking it easy and preparing for the new year. I need to rest as the burn out has been that bad.

More to come.

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
Aloha all.

Been a bit so I thought I would post an update.

Things have been going well to say the least. Curators is profitable and growing (slowly but steadily), I am working on a new Trash Panda Capital Port-Co with a friend (website holding company, Aerodrawings will go in here soon), in the early stages of partnering with another friend on a different Port-Co, and maintaining physical and mental wellbeing as best as I can.

I'm burned out though. Lost a close friend through a business disagreement, which had a small monitary loss and also taught me lessons about people.

Since I was sick in November, I've just been taking it easy and preparing for the new year. I need to rest as the burn out has been that bad.

More to come.
Thanks for the update.

Any closed deals resulting in success fees for Curators yet?

G

Guest1413tpa

Thanks for the update.

Any closed deals resulting in success fees for Curators yet?
Our revenue model is subscription based right now, so no success fees yet. Once we get further upmarket to LMM and beyond, I expect us to have success fees in the model, since I have gotten information that this is baked in with the transfer of funds upon purchase.

Right now we are holding steady with one client and some custom work.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest1413tpa

(Borat Voice) Wow Wow We Wow.

Its been what, 9 months since an update?

Here is the short run-down:

• Resigned with my primary Salesforce client in January, ended up terminating the contract early August 2022 (see why below). Basically quit my job after months of getting screamed at, stress and BS because of the client's actions.
  • Late January 2022, fractured my ankle ice skating leading to surgery, rehab and 6 months of recovery.
  • My phone started ringing off the hook as soon as I broke my ankle for Salesforce work. Ended up opening Pong Solutions in April 2022, which is a partnership with two other partners, who I just met a few weeks ago.
  • Curators has slowly been growing, getting some more serious and bigger.
  • Began lifting again.
So, what next?

I got about 9 months of runway if I don't take any more Pong draws. Our goal for Pong next year is $2 million gross.

What do I have to lose?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.