The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Moving West.

loop101

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I guess I am going to Nevada. It came down to Arizona or Nevada, and Nevada does not have a Personal Income tax. My plan to is to hole up somewhere and try to be self-employed via freelancing online (and/or product creation). I know very little about AZ and NV, just what I've seen on Youtube videos. I've been looking at AZ, NV, and even ID, but the influx of CA/NY residents has made many of the best areas too expensive to buy a house. Being an indoor online creature, it doesn't really matter to me where I am, though I prefer a locale that has accessible amenities like grocery stores and hospitals.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What part of NV?

Tahoe and Vegas are worlds a part.

loop101

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
What part of NV?

Tahoe and Vegas are worlds a part.
I plan to go to Mesquite first. I don't have any real interest in Las Vegas. I will be in an RV when I first get there, so I plan to move around and check out the various places. Henderson and Boulder City looked nice, but really expensive. I've been watching YT videos on Henderson, Boulder City, Pahrump, Reno, Elko, and smaller towns. I would need good internet, probably cable. Any places you would suggest for someone to hole up and do online work?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Pahrump, Reno, Elko, and smaller towns.

Reno/Sparks is getting expensive. Tahoe NV is California insane expensive.

My guess is that "cheap" Nevada would be Laughlin, Pahrump, and yes, Mesquite, which is basically 40m from St. George Utah.

Steeltip

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 17, 2021
Houston, TX
I guess I am going to Nevada. It came down to Arizona or Nevada, and Nevada does not have a Personal Income tax. My plan to is to hole up somewhere and try to be self-employed via freelancing online (and/or product creation). I know very little about AZ and NV, just what I've seen on Youtube videos. I've been looking at AZ, NV, and even ID, but the influx of CA/NY residents has made many of the best areas too expensive to buy a house. Being an indoor online creature, it doesn't really matter to me where I am, though I prefer a locale that has accessible amenities like grocery stores and hospitals.
I lived in Reno, NV for five years and I loved it out there. If I were you I would check out Carson city and the surrounding small towns around there if your looking for something cheaper and gorgeous.

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
I'd vote for the Laughlin area. Used to live in Lake Havasu and the Bullhead area does have alot of the big box stores. Internet is pretty decent out that way. You are within a couple hours drive of some really big cities if you need them. Being in an RV you could always just park on BLM land in AZ for free

loop101

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I'd vote for the Laughlin area. Used to live in Lake Havasu and the Bullhead area does have alot of the big box stores. Internet is pretty decent out that way. You are within a couple hours drive of some really big cities if you need them. Being in an RV you could always just park on BLM land in AZ for free
I had not looked at Laughlin NV, but I had looked at nearby Kingman AZ. If I had more house-repair skills, I would probably go look at this $199k "as is" house in Laughlin.

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
I had not looked at Laughlin NV, but I had looked at nearby Kingman AZ. If I had more house-repair skills, I would probably go look at this $199k "as is" house in Laughlin.

Kingman is bad news. Unless you dream of being Walter White

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
and Nevada does not have a Personal Income tax.
Good move just on this part alone, I gave it up this year after 5 years of no state personal tax in Washington and it was absolutely amazing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.