The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Moving to the US SOON. Any recommendations?

Idea threads

JophMax

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 28, 2023
Hello everyone!

I'm just 6 days away from moving to the US as a student from Venezuela who will begin working there and I wanted to ask for advice from you guys.

I'm not asking for a silver bullet that will make my stay in the States better or more tolerable with just 2 steps.
I'm not asking for people to guide me by the hand.

What I'm asking is for recommendations about what I should be wary of (Don't spend in X, Don't expect X) or what should I take into account If I want to avoid the many pitfalls of the SCRIPT in the year 2024.

If It helps, here's a screenshot of my Mid-Term goals in GoalSumo.com:

1708051614116.png

Thank you very much guys. I love you all!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Watch out for what you eat. The food here tastes good... but most food is incredibly unhealthy and quite addicting. The United States has an obesity problem, and it is not a coincidence.

In regards to building a business, Venezuela and the United States are very different in regards to laws and regulations. The United States is a free country, but that doesn't mean that business owners shouldn't be aware of the laws and regulations they must adhere too. Don't over think this part, just be aware and ask questions.

Hopefully this isn't viewed as political as it is not meant to be. No one cares who you are, where you came from, or what you look like. If you provide enough value to people, you will prosper.

Rufoskyline

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jul 1, 2022
San Diego, California
Welcome man! I moved to the US when I was 14 years old. I could barely speak English because it was not my first language. If I had to go back and give myself some advice I would say to improve your communication skills whether that is speaking, reading, or listening. I didn't start taking this seriously until I realized this is important whether it's for business, relationships, etc. I don't know if this is resonating with you but that's just my two cents :)

JophMax

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 28, 2023
Watch out for what you eat. The food here tastes good... but most food is incredibly unhealthy and quite addicting. The United States has an obesity problem, and it is not a coincidence.

In regards to building a business, Venezuela and the United States are very different in regards to laws and regulations. The United States is a free country, but that doesn't mean that business owners shouldn't be aware of the laws and regulations they must adhere too. Don't over think this part, just be aware and ask questions.

Hopefully this isn't viewed as political as it is not meant to be. No one cares who you are, where you came from, or what you look like. If you provide enough value to people, you will prosper.
Thank you very much for your reply. I know United States has laws for businesses, but I will make my best to understand them and always make all my endeavors legal.

At the end of the day, the bureaucracy and corruption in Venezuela has taught me that any place where they don't charge you 200$ for every document is a better place to do business.

With regards to food consumption, I will admit that I have overlooked nutrition since I began training 5 years ago, mostly due to the cost of healthy ingredients and protein here in Venezuela. I will do my best to educate myself on meal prep and I will apply this knowledge as soon as I get there.

Have a blessed day!

JophMax

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 28, 2023
Welcome man! I moved to the US when I was 14 years old. I could barely speak English because it was not my first language. If I had to go back and give myself some advice I would say to improve your communication skills whether that is speaking, reading, or listening. I didn't start taking this seriously until I realized this is important whether it's for business, relationships, etc. I don't know if this is resonating with you but that's just my two cents :)
Thank you for your reply. I admit I still have to improve my pronunciation but I feel confident enough to hold conversations with people.

What would you say is the best place to meet people with whom to practice my English?

JophMax

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 28, 2023
Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas.

Houston, Texas.

Austin, Texas.

No income Tax. Strong economy.
Thanks Zackery, now I know what state to go to. Texas also has a climate that's very similar to Venezuela (Most times) which also makes for an easier climate transition.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JophMax

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 28, 2023
Have health insurance from day 1 - an emergency room visit can bankrupt you.
Thank you very much for the advice. This is one I get very frequently from my family.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.