The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Moving From Action Taking to Intelligent Action Taking

Anything related to matters of the mind

Spezza

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 29, 2021
If you've spent any time in this space you’ve probably seen some newbies asking for help while overthinking everything. To get them pointed in the right direction they’ll be told "Just take action, bro!"

And it's true. Taking the first step is crucial, and action is the catalyst that propels us forward. But - If you want to get to the next level, you’ve got to also start bringing your thinking to the next level as well.

Even myself, being relatively early in my own journey, I’ve come across people continuously banging their heads against the wall, doing the same thing over and over again, all in the name of “action taking”... lol. But that’s just the first level. If you want to start delivering real value instead of just “feeling” like you’re moving forward, you’ll need to do one better.

Level 1: Action Taking

If you’re in a position where you’ve been wanting to do something for while but haven’t done anything yet, “just” taking action is the right move. You need to get out of your comfort zone and start learning by doing, gaining valuable experience. But you already know this… Level one is good to get the ball rolling but it's only the first step.

Level 2: Intelligent Action Taking

Intelligent action taking is where the magic happens—it's about combining wisdom, strategy, and continuous improvement. So, how can you level up your game and move towards intelligent action taking?

1️. Embrace the mindset of delivering exceptional work. Excellence sets you apart from the competition and builds trust with your customers. But don't use this as an excuse for perfectionism - otherwise you’ll just be in a worse position than level 1 thinking.

2️. Seek knowledge and improve your skills. Read books, listen to podcasts, find mentors or communities like this one. Remember, learning complements action - it shouldn't replace it.

3️. Intelligent action taking involves calculated risks. It's about being open to stepping outside your comfort zone and exploring new strategies. Embrace the mindset of a calculated risk-taker, analyzing potential opportunities while being mindful of potential downsides.

P.S. What did you think of this post? I haven’t written too much content before (been more of a lurker) but I’d like to get into the habit of doing so

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

adnanazmi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jan 22, 2023
Colombo, Sri Lana
For a long time, I grappled with this pressing question: "What will keep me on track with taking decisive action?" Is there a secret or a trick to it? The desire to do more, the need to achieve more, is always there, even amidst the whirlwind of daily responsibilities. How, then, does one ensure consistent action?

Eventually, I discovered an enlightening truth. Taking action doesn't necessarily mean saying 'yes' to everything; rather, it means boldly saying 'NO' to the things that don't align with your values, and taking deliberate action in pursuit of what does.

Consider your dietary habits. Are you presented with a tempting sweet? Firmly decline! A friend proposes an unplanned late-night hangout on a weekend, derailing your plan to wake up early for a productive day? Just say 'NO'. Gaming invitations? Junk food offers? Or any proposition that's not conducive to your time or wellness? The answer is a resounding 'NO'. There's no need to eat when you're not hungry. No need to surrender to distractions.

Essentially, we need to navigate through a season of saying 'NO' to things that contradict our values. They depend on your values. For instance, if you value a friendship more than a little sleep, you might consider sacrificing some rest to foster that relationship. That would mean saying 'NO' to something else that you value, in this case, sleep. But remember, every 'NO' is a testament to your determination and commitment to your values.

I hope this brings you value. Wishing you brothers and sisters all the best.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.