The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Moving city, time to build something

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

dave773

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Dec 29, 2016
australia
I didn't think I would ever start a progress thread.. but as apart of 2017, I want to replace my bad habits with good habits. Apart of that will be consistency, and being consistent in this thread will be one of the good habits.

Here's what I did in January
-Recovered from two physical injuries
-Found a product after two weeks of research and ordered my first sample product with aims to get it on amazon US
-Failed a lot in finding my first web design client
-enrolled in a Masters in Software Dev in a different city

Why University?

For me, it made sense. I'm almost 27 and spent my 20's partying, being lazy and traveling a lot. I used to sell on ebay since I was 17 years old and did so for 5-6 years. While this sounds awesome only having to work 5 minutes a day with a dropshipping business, I never had that necessary evil that is created from working a shitty job. It just made me lazier because I fell into the business through luck, not hard work! Not to mention the dropshipping model resulted in me getting banned on ebay and paypal.

University will give me more debt (which made me feel sick), but if I do it right..then maybe I can make it worth it. University will give me back my most valuable resource.. TIME. Now it is up to me to leverage my debt and time and build something. It will also give me the skills I need for a couple potential tech-related fastlane ideas. This will become relevant in 6 months to one year. I have identified two potential problems that are worth looking into. One is a new niche that has one big player. The other seems like a HUGE unsolved problem that is very difficult (but doable!) to solve.

All of my experiences in life has lead me to where I am right now. 100% ready to go fastlane. This is something I was not interested in a few years ago even though I had read MJ's book at the time.

As of right now, I have been working 9-10hr days as a tradesmen which leaves my physically tired and difficult to maintain consistency in good habits. It also cuts out the morning and middle of the day, making calling businesses impossible. While I hated the job with a passion. There was an awesome silver lining to it.. after 8 months of it, it finally created the necessary evil that I needed! (I have worked jobs before this one, but all of them were very easy jobs).

February
Difficulties I will face:
-Get a product on amazon US with an order shipped at the beginning of march. I need to order a second sample in february first after I have relocated. The difficulties will be doing all of this from Australia.

-I plan to contact fulfillment centres, learn about the customs and figure out how to do this. Right now I know almost nothing about importing to the US.

-Finding my first paying client for a web design business. The goal of this is to simply pay my bills. If it grows into a higher hourly rate, then that's awesome. But mostly if I can use it instead of working as a bartender or another job then it will be worth it. I've got the skills, and now the time during the day! So I will be collecting a list of businesses with poor websites that I will contact directly once I have relocated. I will also be using my newly found time to listen out for more problems that need solving, and may discover something in the process.

I will probably update this again around the beginning of march once the ball starts rolling. thank you to everyone on this forum. There are too many people to thank individually, so I hope I can make this thread into something of a thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.