The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

More than Money

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
Kurtyordy,

I'm sending you a PM. Purchasing food from your site is the perfect XMas gift for my dad.

He asks every year for me to either "do something to help someone else" or "donate my time or money." He never wants "stuff."

Pretty good example to set for your kids, huh?

I'm very lucky.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
kurtyordy:

Take a look at my www.taxloopholes.com blog post for 12/16/07 - I gave your site a plug as a great example - plus used your entrepreneur 2.0 title. I kindof gave you credit, but would be happy to use your real name...just not sure what it is!

S928

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 7, 2007
kurtyordy:

Take a look at my www.taxloopholes.com blog post for 12/16/07 - I gave your site a plug as a great example - plus used your entrepreneur 2.0 title. I kindof gave you credit, but would be happy to use your real name...just not sure what it is!

Now, that's networking at its best!

Kurt, how do you locate the children that are mentioned on your webpage?

:cheers:

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
About the charity, my biggest concern has been how to know when the money I'm donating is actually going to be used wisely.

I am seated on the boards I support so I can be assured my money isnt funding a prostitution ring...

(although, not such a bad idea for a fund raiser, huh?... think Risky Biz with Tom Cruise)

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Sorry for the delay everyone. Ice storm walluped us here in Central Pa on Saturday/ Sunday. Spent most of the day doing emergency repairs on my trailer park. Then the ice took me out of power till yesterday afternoon, and ot at the job kept me there till 9 pm last night.

SeanS- I responded to your PM, but I wanted to agree. Very cool dad. I hope I can pass that value on to my kids

Diane- Thank very much. That post generated a good amount of traffic this weekend. So thanks. Not sure if you were kiddng or not about not knowing my real name. It is Kurt Yordy.

S928- All the children are currenly sponsored through PH-C.com. We are hoping to ad more charities in the future once we get more momentum.

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
Diane- Thank very much. That post generated a good amount of traffic this weekend. So thanks. Not sure if you were kiddng or not about not knowing my real name. It is Kurt Yordy.

I bet that seemed like a no brainer.... but, I hated to credit you and have it be the wrong name. What if your last name was really "Ordy" and you went by "Kurty"? (OK, I've never known a Kurty, but there's always a first time) Maybe your last name was "Urtyordy" and K stood for Kenneth... There were so many options and apparently I need more caffeine, or sleep.....

In case you wondered why I use "Diane Kennedy" as my posting name....it's because my name is...wait for it.... Diane Kennedy.
:smx4:

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Good points. Funny thing is, until I was about 10 most people who knew me called me Kurty due to having my fathers first name but not middle, so not a junior. There are still some old timers at my church who slip and call me Kurty on occassion. About a month ago, someone at the pulpit referenced me as Kurty. So now you can say you know a Kurty.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Well, if that is the case then Yves Klein-sky is not a woman and we have a famous painter here, right Dana? :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.