The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

More Naps = More Time

Anything related to matters of the mind

Dwizzite

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 25, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
One of the threads in "Life Hacks" mentions the Four Hour Body, but doesn't go into much detail. I've read most of it and use 2 of the practices in my daily life to huge advantages.

1. Slow Carb Diet- eat meat, beans, and veggies 90% of the time and eat whatever you want the rest of the time. Super simple and very inexpensive.

2. Polyphasic Sleep (http://dustincurtis.com/sleep.html)- Basically you only need 2 hours of REM sleep or 4, 20 min bursts of REM sleep a day to function. I've added 2 hours to my day and wakeup up refreshed after 6 hours of sleep by sticking a 20-25min nap each day between around 5pm everyday. It's amazing! I take one nap and I get more awake time! F*cking brilliant.

These 2 practices give sustain my energy, cut down on food costs, keep me super healthy, and let me get more done because I'm awake more.

By the ebook and go to the section on "Slow Carb Diet" and "Perfecting Sleep". Some great info in there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007

sunbridger

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Mar 8, 2011
Polyphasic sleep is real. However, anything beyond 6h+1nap is very hard to get into and the process is... not fun. Something like grinding teeth with sandpaper at the "low" points. Been there, tried that.

Learning to nap is a killer, killer skill, though. When you get good at it (it's a skill), 25 mins and you are fully recharged. You can hack an all nighter here and there too by throwing in a few naps and being completely functional.

Personally I found 23 min length naps optimal for me. There's also this counter intuitive trick how to get more from your naps... you just have to take them before you get too tired/exhausted/sleepy. You get the most refreshment when you take the nap as soon as you start noticing you are getting tired.

If you are going to try the hardcore schedules, joining this group is a must: Polyphasic Sleep | Google Groups

cashflow3000

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 13, 2011
Bellingham, Washington, USA
I love naps.

I dont nap every day but I might get 3 or 4 in on a good week.

To me, a good nap is like a "reset" button for your day.

It allows me to create 2 (or more) days in one!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Naps got me through sleep deprived new-dadhood.

I don't do them now anymore, b/c I'm getting a full night's sleep.

Thomas Edison only allowed himself cat naps. Read up on it-- interesting stuff:

Polyphasic Sleep Experiment: aka. Uberman sleep

-Russ H.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads