The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Monthly Recurring Costs/Expenses In Order to Start Web-Online Business

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
I love my spreadsheet! :D
I'm clearly on some epic contributors ignore list for daring to speak up, when I felt like you were being bullied in your other thread, but dude... you need to focus on something you can do TODAY that sells.

How about spreadsheet templates? You seem to have a knack for them.

Hang in there, keep learning, and don't spend money affiliate journey blogging, bro. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
I'm clearly on some epic contributors ignore list for daring to speak up, when I felt like you were being bullied in your other thread, but dude... you need to focus on something you can do TODAY that sells.

How about spreadsheet templates? You seem to have a knack for them.

Hang in there, keep learning, and don't spend money affiliate journey blogging, bro. :)
Dude I like your thought process.
Its 100% crystal clear that, you have thick skin in your life which is awesome
I get your point about Selling
But My Current Situation is still at Early Adopters level
I have to have bare minimum journey with best possible result

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Dude I like your thought process.
Its 100% crystal clear that, you have thick skin in your life which is awesome
I get your point about Selling
But My Current Situation is still at Early Adopters level
I have to have bare minimum journey with best possible result
I made $4000 in the last 48hrs. Not bragging, because I know there's dudes in this thread that make that daily with minimal work, but I made it because 4 or 5 yrs ago (lost track) my girlfriend/wife told me to sell the coffee table I built for her on Craigslist after I got laid off from a staffing job.

Just start selling shit today.

Take quick inventory of what you can do good enough right now (skillset) to save a buyer enough time that you're worth the money, and run an ad on Craigslist or facebook tonight selling it for a little less than "the pros" do.

Make a sale. Figure out what needs improvement. Replicate with modification until it's a system.

Please start now dude. You're worth it!

mattsteinman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
May 13, 2019
Michigan
How Can I be fairly certain about Monthly Recurring/Operating Costs so that I can start, run and sustain a online business ?

It all depends on what you want to accomplish.

Are you going to be selling physical or digital products? Affiliate marketing?

Generating organic traffic on Facebook is a great way to start. Create a Facebook Group around your niche to start attracting your audience by participating in other Groups where your audience hangs out.

Once you start generating some conversations and people start reaching out to you (after you provide value upon value) start optimizing your Facebook Profile to drive people to your offer/product.

You can start with a basic Wordpress website. You'll need a hosting package and a theme builder.

I would keep the costs minimal for the first 6 months. Don't get caught up in all the shiny tools out there. They are just that, tools.

The skills you need to develop to be a successful internet marketer are the following:
  1. Ability to generate leads
  2. Copywriting
  3. Sales and Presenting
Work on those as you build your audience and brand (depending on what your goals are).

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
It all depends on what you want to accomplish.

Are you going to be selling physical or digital products? Affiliate marketing?

Generating organic traffic on Facebook is a great way to start. Create a Facebook Group around your niche to start attracting your audience by participating in other Groups where your audience hangs out.

Once you start generating some conversations and people start reaching out to you (after you provide value upon value) start optimizing your Facebook Profile to drive people to your offer/product.

You can start with a basic Wordpress website. You'll need a hosting package and a theme builder.

I would keep the costs minimal for the first 6 months. Don't get caught up in all the shiny tools out there. They are just that, tools.

The skills you need to develop to be a successful internet marketer are the following:
  1. Ability to generate leads
  2. Copywriting
  3. Sales and Presenting
Work on those as you build your audience and brand (depending on what your goals are).

Thanks a lot. I appreciate you

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
75yBb1O.jpg

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Ok, let's look at this analogy.

Me: I going to document my business on Youtube with a daily vlog about my business. How much would a good video camera, lighting and editing software cost?

You: That's great, what is your business about?

Me: I don't have one yet, but I'm going to document me starting one from scratch.

What is your priority here, starting a business or making videos?

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Ok, let's look at this analogy.

Me: I going to document my business on Youtube with a daily vlog about my business. How much would a good video camera, lighting and editing software cost?

Me: I don't have one yet, but I'm going to document me starting one from scratch.

What is your priority here, starting a business or making videos?
I don't know
Since I am beginner level - sooner or later I will figure it out by testing & optimizing
It costs $$$ to run a project

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
My Question is: How Can I be fairly certain about Monthly Recurring/Operating Costs so that I can start, run and sustain a online business ?

Run your own hardware and software.

Business class Internet £64.99 a month
Hardware - one off £500 or so
Hardware upgrade £30 pcm
Open Source Software £0
Domain name £2.37 pcm
Electric-variable per website traffic and local heat level
Rent £630 pcm

That gives you pretty good certainty on costs. One of the reasons there is a growth of data centres in places like Canada and Iceland is because of the certainty of hydro&geothermal power costs and the low cost of cooling.

Old laptops make pretty decent basic webservers(battery included) These guys run a website on a solar powered raspberry PI,.

Of course now your going to have to code most of the software you need and deploy it yourself, or you need to hire someone to do it for you.

Of course now your paying for the privilege of certainty.

The solution here is to use the cheapest camera ,lighting and editing software you can get that does the job. Webcam £20 or basic android phone with camera £40, editing software free (Youtube has some built in or you can download open source stuff for free) Lamp £5 from charity shop, pack of bulbs , £1.99

Now you can get started documenting.

jcvlds

JC
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 9, 2016
Mexico > Texas > Florida
I don't know
Since I am beginner level - sooner or later I will figure it out by testing & optimizing
It's like your mindset is to be forever fixed on never making money....

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
It's like your mindset is to be forever fixed on never making money....

Demarco Sir already Taught in his real estate forum: Value your Time as Primary & Money is Secondary

jcvlds

JC
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 9, 2016
Mexico > Texas > Florida
Demarco Sir already Taught in his real estate forum: Value your Timmay e as Primary & Money is Secondary
Yeah. But you are misinterpreting the context and underlying meaning of what he means by valuing your time over money.

Mostly, people think of making money only in terms of trading their time for money, i.e. a traditional job wherein you work a set amount of hours per week and get paid a fixed salary appropriated for the time you put in.

Escaping that mindset allows you to think unscriptedly and look for fastlane ways to make money, disassociated with the amount of time you work.

That differs from your current mindset, in which you have no targeted goal to your "journey" and have no model in mind for how it will make money. At least you have not clearly stated it on this thread and which is why everybody is confused at what you are attempting to accomplish.

On top of not having a clearly defined goal and model for making money, you are erroneously applying the "value time over money" idea to excuse yourself from thinking how you will generate money. Thus, the only logical thing that will conclude for you is that you will be forever stuck in "generating content" with no aim whatsoever, and never make any money.

Money generation will not just magically occur. People here are trying to help you see that. Yet you are blinding yourself with the mentality that if you "put in the time to 'make content'" and "value your time over money" you will somehow, someway make money, in the distant future.

I hope it works out for you. But better yet, I hope you realize what people here are trying to make you see and understand, and then your chances will increase.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn

I'm working on this too. Let us try anothet approach. Make a project budget sheet and then talk about what we need to spend the money on

Then see if free alternatives are availble or if we can barter for those items you will spend $$$ on

You can give me a cut of the proceeds.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.