The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Money Software?

CashFlow

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Apr 14, 2009
Delray Beach, FL
Does anyone recommend a money management system for monitoring ALL financial matters?

Do you think Quicken is best, or is there a better way that you manage money?

What are you current Fastlane drivers currently using (if you don't mind sharing)?

I look forward to your responses!

P.S. If you have suggestions on what you'd like to see in a financial software program that you don't find in the current solutions, please let me know!

- Cashflow​

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

minamo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 11, 2010
Actually, i would strongly recommend monitoring it manually with excel or acces.

This gives you a greater understanding of cashflow and also makes you more aware of your in and outcome, because you feel more involved.

Good luck.

Henk.

CashFlow

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Apr 14, 2009
Delray Beach, FL
Thanks for the feedback - I've been using Excel for a couple of years and enjoy being able to set up my financial statements the way I like. I am just seeing if there is any need in the market for a software that would generate clean financial statements (including cashflow) as well as integrate estate planning, risk management, and other components of financial management.

max momo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 15, 2008
California
Hi, I've seen people in the past try to sell a system of integrated excel books and sheets that track a variety of financial subjects (cashflow, planning, real estate, asset/liabilites, etc).

Thing is, folks LEARN their estate and finances by building their own set of interactive xls books, so why buy the package?

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
That would require people becoming experts in spreadsheets. I think of them as a tool, not necessarily and easy to use solution.

A fastlane idea was/is mint.com that aggregates your financial records and has tools/dashboards for you ready to use.

camski

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 24, 2007
Noblesville, IN
I am not sure what ytou meant by all but if you are talking both business and personal, I dont think mixing them is a good idea. If you own an LLC mixing both totally pierces the corporate veil and you mitigate the reason for an LLC and put your business at risk. I use quickbooks for my LLC and spreadsheets for personal. Most accountants are familiar with quickbooks so they can take a lot of info they need for tax prep from them.

CashFlow

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Apr 14, 2009
Delray Beach, FL
Thank You

Thank you both for you wisdom.

I do realize that keeping the books separate to keep the corporate veil is important, I'm simply wondering if having a software like Quicken but having all of your financial life in it (estate planning, investments) instead of breaking it up into separate software products.

I think having a Software-As-A-Service Business Model would be smart whereby you charge a monthly fee for access to the services and they are the backbone of your financial plan, rather than upgrading like Quicken has you do. The added benefit would be that there could be a financial education component within the software the school's the user on Fastlane philosophy.

Thoughts?

arohan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Nov 25, 2010
Michigan, USA
There are services like this on the market so you will need to differentiate. For example, mint.com offers this service for the masses. It is now owned by Intuit, the makers of Quicken and Quickbooks. On the higher end, Harris Bank offers something called myCFO, which essentially is an attempt to move the family office concept to the web so it can handle complicated estate planning issues (sure, there is a human component to the service).

Not saying this can't be done, but there needs to be some differentiation. Maybe you can focus on specific niches. For example, medical doctors might have their own peculiar needs in managing their finances related to ownership of their practice under a partnership model which may not be served by any of the products on the market today. That may be one niche to target and I am sure there are more.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.