The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Money issues

Stardust

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jun 18, 2015
You get $1100 per month from the goverment?

Is that from social security or something?

Last edited:

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
You need to learn to ask better questions.

Right now the only answer that makes sense based on the information you gave us is "spend less".

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
First, you have to make a commitment to change your habits. Second, you don't need anyone to teach you how to manage your money. This is all easily found with a simple Google search. Spend less (but ideally, make more money), automate your finances, stop wasting money on shit you don't need, sell the junk you don't need, and set goals. Want to not be fat? Exercise and eat healthy. You already know the obvious answers to your question/statement :p

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
We don't always know everyone's situation in life. Don't assume someone is a leech just because they get assistance.

Most people on the fastlane don't spend as much time tracking and budgeting their money. This may not be the best forum for your question.

Here we focus on how to make more rather than spend less.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

juggler619

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 25, 2015
Abu Dhabi
You need to learn to ask better questions.

Right now the only answer that makes sense based on the information you gave us is "spend less".

Constructive reply!

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Work on overall discipline/self-discipline that could be the key underlying factor.

I took a self imposed 'break for a week or more, the result of this break was that I spent too much money and put on weight.

In other words I let my discipline lapse resulting in overspending and fat gain.

Will Hodge

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 5, 2015
I get $1100 dollars a month from the government and i spend my money to quickly. I don't know how to manage my money please help me

As JAJT said, you haven't asked the right questions. We can only provide broad answers for what you asked. That being said, the first step is to figure out exactly what you're spending your money on. If you use a card to make your purchases, go to your online account and see exactly what your expenses look like. This will put things into perspective for you. If you use cash, write down and track each of your expenses over the next few weeks and see how much you spend and what you spend it on.

Once you realize that, step 2 is to cut your spending. Don't buy extra things, and only buy the essentials that are going to keep you alive. We don't know what you spend your money on, so only you can judge and see what things exactly are soaking up your money. The only real things that you need are a place to live, food & water, and a means of transportation. Downsize your current place of residence if need be. Buy your meals from a budget grocery store instead of eating out (if that applies to you). If you eat out with friends/family alot and pay for that, tell them that you can't afford to eat out with them. If they are your true friends/family, they will support that and either eat in with you with food you prepare for them (cheaper) or they can help pay for you when you are out. If you currently use a motor vehicle as a means of transportation and you can make something cheaper work (public transport or a bicycle). This could cut your fuel costs (if you have any currently) by a lot, and help you be more lean.

After your expenses are cut, now it is time to get into the fastlane and earn more money than you are currently getting. You could find a job and earn more than you currently spend on things. Then, find your fastlane side hustle and build it up to where you can quit that job and focus solely on your fastlane business. The alternative is you can cut your expenses and use the funds you currently receive to get your fastlane business started. I wouldn't recommend doing this for long, because eventually, you will no longer receive support from the government if you aren't able to get your business up and running, and you will have to resort back to the first route (job). Either way, find a passion, and apply it to one of the thousands of fastlane ideas on this forum. Be willing to learn and be disciplined. Eventually, you will become successful and you will have the money to buy more "nice" things.

But remember, the fastlane isn't all about wealth just in the sense of money, it is about the wealth of freedom of time, good health, and good relationships with people. Focus on finding a need within one of your passions, and finding a solution to satisfy that need in one of many ways.

Again, in order for us to help more, you need to ask more questions. That being said, hopefully some of this applies to your situation. Best of luck, Jonathan!

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I'm not sure how you would get that much money from the gov. in America unless you had some type of disability or S.S.I. I'm not sure they'd even give you that much from working with people in both fields. Anyway the amount of money you claim to have is $1100 dollars which means basically you'd be paying your rent and utilities if you weren't using it on other things. And someone would be having to pay your expenses if you're wasting it.

This really isn't adding up with what I know from experience with working with people in poverty, disabilities, and mental illness. You're leaving out some information. And really they can't help you on here. Either you need to go to a non-profit like love incorporated to help you with your basic needs, budgeting, and finding a job compatible with your situation and circumstances. Department of Human Services will do the same. If you have disabilities there are programs for you with daily activities, managing your expenses, and living skills. If you're a veteran they have similar programs. Gee there are so many programs out there to help you with what ever you need, and every non-profit has a list for everything you can think of from housing, counseling, food, mental health care, medical care, transportation, and finding jobs. How do I know? lol In my degree one of my text books was a resource book three inches thick of all the organizations just in my local area, and when I did my internships another one for the county. So, what ever excuse you have the answers are on google, your phone book, local non-profits, or church.

If you're a troll... Well hmm... I guess Google is your best tool to find resources in your area.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Get a job. Living off the government is the reason why you're broke. Ask the millions of broke people who are leeching off the government as well.
You ever seen someone with M.S., Down syndrome, Brain Impairments. We like to assume everyone can be rehabilitated, high functioning mentally and physically, and can just get the right mindset. I think we can be very ignorant believing this. While I agree there are many that abuse the system, I also believe there are just as many that are doing their best to get out of the situation. I'm not going to judge people, because yes, to a certain percentage they're lazy and remain there. There is another percentage that are impaired. There is another percentage people make bad choices or bad event happen beyond their control and will bounce out of it. Hope you never find yourself there, because ha ha I've read true stories of millionaires falling on their a$$ and being their for a second in transition from making bad choices.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

Fatal Jay

Contributor
Jul 16, 2015
You ever seen someone with M.S., Down syndrome, Brain Impairments. We like to assume everyone can be rehabilitated, high functioning mentally and physically, and can just get the right mindset. I think we can be very ignorant believing this. While I agree there are many that abuse the system, I also believe there are just as many that are doing their best to get out of the situation. I'm not going to judge people, because yes, to a certain percentage they're lazy and remain there. There is another percentage that are impaired. There is another percentage people make bad choices or bad event happen beyond their control and will bounce out of it. Hope you never find yourself there, because ha ha I've read true stories of millionaires falling on their a$$ and being their for a second in transition from making bad choices.

I'm pretty sure if he had down syndrome he wouldn't be posting on this forum and stop being gullible the majority of people on govrment assistances have perfect health, its one of the major factors why this country economy is headed down the same road as Greece.

Jonathan Mercado

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 4, 2015
Brooklyn New York
I don't like to work because i like to enjoy my life instead of being a slave. i get stressed out very easy when i work, from my boss even though i'm doing a good job. I like loving my life just the way it is of course i wish i had more money but i don't really care for money. Money comes money goes. Everyone would be happier with much more amount of money but the fact that i can live off the government and support myself and do what i want everyday i feel good. i feel you should be able to do whatever you want in life and me being free is the greatest feeling of all.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I don't like to work because i like to enjoy my life instead of being a slave. i get stressed out very easy when i work, from my boss even though i'm doing a good job. I like loving my life just the way it is of course i wish i had more money but i don't really care for money. Money comes money goes. Everyone would be happier with much more amount of money but the fact that i can live off the government and support myself and do what i want everyday i feel good. i feel you should be able to do whatever you want in life and me being free is the greatest feeling of all.
In my opinion, there's not much you can do with $1100? So don't spend your energy trying to manage it and instead work on creating something, or getting a job.

Sunscreen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 1, 2015
Sounds like a great excuse for being lazy.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012

You are not free, you're at the mercy of a government agency paying you money each month. That's the opposite of free. All while contributing nothing to the society you rely upon. Also I doubt that you've ever done a good job in your life with the attitude you're presenting here.

Yeah i'm not sure i want to work anymore but creating something could be intresting

Amazing attitude! Good that creating something does not require work.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Jonathan. You are just going to stir up the pot with your comments about work and government money. You would get a lot better response from people if you keep your questions in line with figuring out how to make money.

To the majority of the respondents on this thread, the OP has a significant mental disability that gives him a different take on reality. He is not going to view the world the same way as most of us.

Fatal Jay

Contributor
Jul 16, 2015

Where is the girl that was defending this dude in this thread?

Fatal Jay

Contributor
Jul 16, 2015
Probably in the same place as I am.... wondering how you can be so heartless...

Either you can't read or you read what you wanted too. This guy just bragged about being on government assistance and says he does not like to work yet I'm heartless lol

Did I say all people are on government assistance don't need it or did I say majority. It's time to get out of this make believe world where every single person on government assistance needs it.

Maybe I'm too truthful, I forgot people rather be lied to. I will not post anymore for the sake of the sensitive pc people

The Wall

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
285%
Feb 8, 2015
@Fatal Jay
40Idny0.png

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
Did I say all people are on government assistance don't need it or did I say majority. It's time to get out of this make believe world where every single person on government assistance needs it.
Did you even listen to what Jonathan had to say?

He posted that he was receiving money for his disability, but was having issues using the money for better things. Why couldn't you be like the other forum members in this thread and offer some real advice to help him? Also I can't believe you said "If he had down syndrome he wouldn't be posting on this thread." Why wouldn't he be posting on this thread? Have you even met someone with down syndrome? If you ever had you'll understand that they can do everything you and I can do.

Now I agree with you that millions leach off the system. But if you had taken the time to read his first thread you would have understood his condition, and why he's unable to work and he receives money from the government.

You'll be the first person I use the ignore button for on these forums.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.