The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Monetisation V Control

Which should it be

• No Monetisation and Maximum Control

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sevran

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Dec 27, 2016
So first post here.... So initially Hello to all you fastlaners and slow lane converts!

I am in the Idea phase and have got to applying the CENTS principle in detail All ticks are in the boxes as it were but I am tconcerned about Control, at the same time I have a limited income currently and would like to apply monetisation as soon as possible to carry the overheads through. Given that I would really appreciate an opinion from some of the more seasoned fastlaners out there if you have time:

My thinking is this: The cost of building in control would be fairly prohibitive initially, so I have a choice

1: No Monetisation... Keep control and Work towards being able to produce later on down the line and maintain control
2: Use affiliate linkage in the interim.... Relinquish control initially with a view to putting that right in the longer term

I only have my own limited funds to kick this puppy off so It could be said I am chasing the money here...However I do not have the intent to do so for income but to grow the business quicker with re-invetment... Time

Your thoughts are appreciated

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
Welcome to this forum!

Do you want to get into affilate marketing? AKA promote other peoples products?
Don't do it.
Do you want to create an affiliate programm, so others can promote your product?
Sounds better!
You don't loose control when you are the boss - you can set guidelines, rules and restrictions.

If I understand you correctly:
You are building a fastlane construct that does not create enough money yet. Get a job that keeps you alive and grow your business. It has the potential of becoming something great. Joining an affiliate program does not.

Don't try to meet all of the Commandments in the beginning. MJ states it better than I can:
That's really what it is all about -- getting started -- and getting started no matter what the Commandments say.

The Commandments are great guidelines but the truth is, they are LONG-GAME constructs.

I'd rather have someone ACT and gain some experience, than sit around complaining that X, Y, and Z opportunities don't meet the CENTS Commandments.

in Getting Started makes more cents

Does it fullfill the commandment of need? Does it help someone? That is a great starting point.

more seasoned fastlaners
Ups, I don't fall into this category yet..

Have you read The Millionaire Fastlane, the book this forum is based upon? MJ talks about Affiliate Marketing and MLM in there.
If you do thoug, go get yourself a badge ;)

Sevran

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Dec 27, 2016
Welcome to this forum!

Do you want to get into affilate marketing? AKA promote other peoples products?
Don't do it.
Do you want to create an affiliate programm, so others can promote your product?
Sounds better!
You don't loose control when you are the boss - you can set guidelines, rules and restrictions.

If I understand you correctly:
You are building a fastlane construct that does not create enough money yet. Get a job that keeps you alive and grow your business. It has the potential of becoming something great. Joining an affiliate program does not.

Don't try to meet all of the Commandments in the beginning. MJ states it better than I can:

in Getting Started makes more cents

Does it fullfill the commandment of need? Does it help someone? That is a great starting point.

Ups, I don't fall into this category yet..

Have you read The Millionaire Fastlane, the book this forum is based upon? MJ talks about Affiliate Marketing and MLM in there.
If you do thoug, go get yourself a badge ;)

Thanks IKA....
Indeed, I feel that promoting others products is not the way to go... Get a job...Working on that one and yes I want to create that program... I have read the book, and it inspired me, I am a slowlaner who recognised the irony but sat on my instincts and wrecked my health, nearly killing myself working my a$$ off to earn a "good living" So I am absolutely new to this and to be honest I want to leverage the vast pool of knowledge here as much as possible, and maybe one day be a useful contributor too..

I will go get that badge :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
#2, assuming you CAN regain control.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sevran

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Dec 27, 2016
#2, assuming you CAN regain control.

Indeed MJ and thanks for the pointer,
and thereby lies one issue I am working on probably best put as supplanting existing loyalties elsewhere.... By doing it better :), but yes over time I am confident I could take control back and remove the AFM.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.