The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mom who wants more from life

Hoopstar

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 29, 2022
Hi!

As new to the Fastlane forum I would like to introduce myself. I am 40 years old, living in Hungary, BSc in Chemical Engineering, wife, mom of three wonderful children (14,12, 1.5 years of age), owner of 2 dogs and a horse. I have read The Millionaire Fastlane and I'm currently reading UNSCRIPTED - the Great Rat Race Escape .
I am determined that I want to change my life, since I am sick of being stuck in the Rat Race. Feel kind of stupid it took me 40 years to realise that actually I am nothing but a cog in the someone else's wheel. Nowadays I run a family business together with my husband that provides electrical works and solar panel installations. We have 2 employees that together with my husband is "doing" the work. Realising that this business will never take us anywhere else than being able to pay the employees, the vehicles and the gas for getting to the jobs, I know I need to start something else. I realise this business is highly dependant on constraints like my husbands selling skills, my husbands time to perform installations etc. He is also very against employing more people to scale since he has difficulties trusting any employee to perform a decent job. So we are kind of stuck, me running the background work, accounting, advertising, emails, purchasing and paying bills, salaries.
Basically we are doing this since 2021 August, and 2022 September I quit my job as a technical account manager at a global chemical distribution firm. The main reason why I quit my job was, I saw increasing work load coming from our own business and being the primary caretaker for our little boy. We have tried to put our son in nursery but he has been catching all viruses possibly known and has been nothing else then ill since he started there. So now he is mostly home with me or great granny.
Maybe you can start to see my dilemma, stuck in a rat race (of our own due to a highly local and limited business), very little time for household chores and kids. Basically I feel torn every day between the background work in our business, taking care of our kids, taking care of our home, making sure there is decent food on the table each day. And yes I mentioned in the intro I have a horse as well. You can imagine how much time I have for the poor buddy.
Sadly me and my husband are having constant arguments mostly because he is out of home working and me feeling stuck and not being able to make the change I want.
3 months ago I set up my home gym to get into shape again (yes I was the fitness kind of mom after my first 2 kids), it started off good, in January I did my training, but in February all was ruined since both me and the kids have been catching viruses and colds taking turns. Now it is end of March soon and I still have not had the energy to get my a$$ to my gym. Even though it is literary 15 steps outside my front door in the back of our yard.
I have been evaluating a lot of business ideas lately but most that fit in to the CENTS type of business requires a big investment to start with, which I don't have. Some of my ideas are PET recycling plant, starting my own CBD oil brand, starting my own functional water brand, starting my own chemical distribution firm, starting my own extruded corn snack brand.
That's how it is, I have a lot of ideas, a lot of engagement as I come up with some new Idea but as soon I start to run the numbers I fail due to I realise I need a ton of money to start.
Well this is an intro of me, I know I want to live differently than I do today, I want to have more free time to be able to spend with my family and I want to have the financial freedom to be able to spend the time with quality.
I have good work ethics but am torn between all chores and work and family.

Thank you for reading and feel free to give me your comments and suggestions on how I could move in the right direction to stop feeling tired, depressed and hopeless.

/E.ZS-K - Hoopstar

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard. Any CENTS opps in your current business?

Awakened2022

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Jan 14, 2023
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on being a mum. I am one too.

I will not advise you on how to start a fastlane business as Iam on this forum to learn how to do the same.

However, I can give a few pointers to how you can delegate some of your responsibilities so that you can have time for yourself and family by sharing my routine.

All my kids are in school.That leaves me between 8:00 am and 6:30pm to do as I please without feeling guilty about neglecting the family.

I teach in a secondary school and also run a grocery store(to give you context).So I got a live-in maid to help with the mundane chores such as mopping, sweeping,doing the dishes, and baby sitting on weekends when I go to the farm to get supplies for the week.

Is it possible for you to get one?This would free up ample time for you to do the things that matter.

As for exercise, I am lucky my kids' school is nearby, so I walk them to school every day.With some slight changes in diet, I have managed to lose 10kgs in one year.Can you incorporate walking into your routine?

As for the viral infections, you are not alone. I nearly went completely broke when my angels first joined school just from buying syrups. With time, I learnt that steaming with herbs such as eucalyptus leaves, American bottlebrush rosemary and basil goes a long way in improving their immunity.They have also developed a love for hot water with lemon.
You could try it.

Nice to have you on the forum ,and looking forward to seeing how you progress.
Hi!

As new to the Fastlane forum I would like to introduce myself. I am 40 years old, living in Hungary, BSc in Chemical Engineering, wife, mom of three wonderful children (14,12, 1.5 years of age), owner of 2 dogs and a horse. I have read The Millionaire Fastlane and I'm currently reading UNSCRIPTED - the Great Rat Race Escape .
I am determined that I want to change my life, since I am sick of being stuck in the Rat Race. Feel kind of stupid it took me 40 years to realise that actually I am nothing but a cog in the someone else's wheel. Nowadays I run a family business together with my husband that provides electrical works and solar panel installations. We have 2 employees that together with my husband is "doing" the work. Realising that this business will never take us anywhere else than being able to pay the employees, the vehicles and the gas for getting to the jobs, I know I need to start something else. I realise this business is highly dependant on constraints like my husbands selling skills, my husbands time to perform installations etc. He is also very against employing more people to scale since he has difficulties trusting any employee to perform a decent job. So we are kind of stuck, me running the background work, accounting, advertising, emails, purchasing and paying bills, salaries.
Basically we are doing this since 2021 August, and 2022 September I quit my job as a technical account manager at a global chemical distribution firm. The main reason why I quit my job was, I saw increasing work load coming from our own business and being the primary caretaker for our little boy. We have tried to put our son in nursery but he has been catching all viruses possibly known and has been nothing else then ill since he started there. So now he is mostly home with me or great granny.
Maybe you can start to see my dilemma, stuck in a rat race (of our own due to a highly local and limited business), very little time for household chores and kids. Basically I feel torn every day between the background work in our business, taking care of our kids, taking care of our home, making sure there is decent food on the table each day. And yes I mentioned in the intro I have a horse as well. You can imagine how much time I have for the poor buddy.
Sadly me and my husband are having constant arguments mostly because he is out of home working and me feeling stuck and not being able to make the change I want.
3 months ago I set up my home gym to get into shape again (yes I was the fitness kind of mom after my first 2 kids), it started off good, in January I did my training, but in February all was ruined since both me and the kids have been catching viruses and colds taking turns. Now it is end of March soon and I still have not had the energy to get my a$$ to my gym. Even though it is literary 15 steps outside my front door in the back of our yard.
I have been evaluating a lot of business ideas lately but most that fit in to the CENTS type of business requires a big investment to start with, which I don't have. Some of my ideas are PET recycling plant, starting my own CBD oil brand, starting my own functional water brand, starting my own chemical distribution firm, starting my own extruded corn snack brand.
That's how it is, I have a lot of ideas, a lot of engagement as I come up with some new Idea but as soon I start to run the numbers I fail due to I realise I need a ton of money to start.
Well this is an intro of me, I know I want to live differently than I do today, I want to have more free time to be able to spend with my family and I want to have the financial freedom to be able to spend the time with quality.
I have good work ethics but am torn between all chores and work and family.

Thank you for reading and feel free to give me your comments and suggestions on how I could move in the right direction to stop feeling tired, depressed and hopeless.

/E.ZS-K - Hoopstar

Hoopstar

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 29, 2022
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on being a mum. I am one too.

I will not advise you on how to start a fastlane business as Iam on this forum to learn how to do the same.

However, I can give a few pointers to how you can delegate some of your responsibilities so that you can have time for yourself and family by sharing my routine.

All my kids are in school.That leaves me between 8:00 am and 6:30pm to do as I please without feeling guilty about neglecting the family.

I teach in a secondary school and also run a grocery store(to give you context).So I got a live-in maid to help with the mundane chores such as mopping, sweeping,doing the dishes, and baby sitting on weekends when I go to the farm to get supplies for the week.

Is it possible for you to get one?This would free up ample time for you to do the things that matter.

As for exercise, I am lucky my kids' school is nearby, so I walk them to school every day.With some slight changes in diet, I have managed to lose 10kgs in one year.Can you incorporate walking into your routine?

As for the viral infections, you are not alone. I nearly went completely broke when my angels first joined school just from buying syrups. With time, I learnt that steaming with herbs such as eucalyptus leaves, American bottlebrush rosemary and basil goes a long way in improving their immunity.They have also developed a love for hot water with lemon.
You could try it.

Nice to have you on the forum ,and looking forward to seeing how you progress.
Thank you very much for all the proposals for freeing up time. I will absolutely delegate more from now on, to be able to free up some time. I will also try to incorporate more herbs and lemon :). Many thanks for your support!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hoopstar

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 29, 2022
Welcome aboard. Any CENTS opps in your current business?
Thank you MJ! It is an honor to be a part of your community. My current business exists of electrical works and solar panel installations locally in our country. We have 3 employees, including my husband, he is doing most of the sales work, meeting potential clients but is also present at almost every project and worksite. I am doing all the background work, paying and creating invoices, ordering materials, creating the online presence (website, social media accounts), organising email marketing campaigns. As I see our current business model has a lot of constraints like
-sales is highly dependant on email marketing campaigns and my husbands sales skills
-our team can only do a limited amount of work/week
-geographic area covered is small (the team can only do jobs that are max 3 hours drive from our location)

We lack full Control since our prices depend on the materials we buy from local distributors (we buy materials tailored for each project)
Entry was not so easy, it took us 6 months to enter the solar panel market in Hungary and a lot of work.
Need is absolutely there, the high energy prices have made a big impact on the solar panel market.
Time, we have put very many working hours and feel stuck, it does not matter if we work more, we do not make more.
I have tried to explain to my husband that we need to Scale some how, to free his time from installations to be able to sell more, to hire more people to be able to take on bigger and longer projects. But it is difficult to find educated people who actually wants to work, and whom we afford to pay.
We are very much stuck in a "job" but in our own company.

That is the reason I want to make some new idea reality. I have several product ideas that involves own branded eatable product, contract manufactured. But all these require massive start up investment in design, marketing and production cost. Which I don't have. What do you say about investors? If I have an idea, a vision, a plan on how to execute, should I consider an external investor to be able to start?

I also have been thinking of writing a book about my personal story which contains elements that not all people have been trough. Then I get nothing written since I can't decide whom would be my audience. I can not even decide which language to write in! My mother's tongue is Hungarian, but I spent most of my life in Sweden and my English skills I have acquired by reading.

Thankful for all help I can get!

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.