The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mindsport and diverse skills coaching

NunoGM

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 7, 2020
Hi all. So I had this idea of using poker play (my hobby/semi-professional level), into a different type of coaching. Through poker, you will learn how to think better and learn and use other skills like management, social skills, emotional intelligence, see the poker play as a business. We would access the emotional profile and thinking process of the individual, and the team would provide feedback on what could be improved. Physical and sport coaching would also be stimulated.

There is the problem that it is difficult to automatize, unless with video courses. Honestly, I am hesitating about this business. I have been studying and reading hard the skills I mentioned for some years, but the fusion with poker might backfire "socially". However, there is the aging of the population and increase of esports, which might turn more people into online poker. This would be a good academy to make people more aware and be managed, in poker and in life. This way, the gambling risk would decrease, since there would be management and accountability.

Until now I placed some announcements on Reddit, providing free sessions, and no clients or people interested.

My site is www.prstnt.com, password: success and the objective would make persons stronger mentally and physically, a fusion of learning skills, mind sports, and physical exercise.

Looking forward to your feedback and evaluation.

Nuno Marques

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think the idea has value with a need. However the website doesn't seem to be designed to convert and sell the benefits of your offer. In other words, you might have a great idea, but right now your messaging isn't conveying that value.

Welcome to the forum.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Why does your website have a password to get to, essentially, the main website?

Businesses routinely pay ex Military and Ex Sports Coaches/Managers to speak to their teams about leadership and team building etc.

The link is obvious. No educating business owners required, that Marketing has been done and dusted.

I may be wrong but I don't see any link between a poker player and team building/leadership. It is an individual exercise. Feel free to correct me

So that leaves mentality. I am sure there is something you do that would be transferrable but I think you need to figure out how to get this message across in a crystal clear fashion so that the majority of business owners would understand the benefit.

Currently your website doesn't explain this. Maybe something for sales teams who face clients? That would make some sort of sense to me without having to scratch my head too much as you have to read people in Poker to be good at it I assume.

Dan

Last edited:

NunoGM

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 7, 2020
I think the idea has value with a need. However the website doesn't seem to be designed to convert and sell the benefits of your offer. In other words, you might have a great idea, but right now your messaging isn't conveying that value.

Welcome to the forum.
Thank you for the feedback MJ. What are the main changes that, in your opinion, would make the message convey that value?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NunoGM

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 7, 2020
Why does your website have a password to get to, essentially, the main website?

Businesses routinely pay ex Military and Ex Sports Coaches/Managers to speak to their teams about leadership and team building etc.

The link is obvious. No educating business owners required, that Marketing has been done and dusted.

I may be wrong but I don't see any link between a poker player and team building/leadership. It is an individual exercise. Feel free to correct me

So that leaves mentality. I am sure there is something you do that would be transferrable but I think you need to figure out how to get this message across in a crystal clear fashion so that the majority of business owners would understand the benefit.

Currently your website doesn't explain this. Maybe something for sales teams who face clients? Thta would make some sort of sense to me without having to scratch my head to much as you have to read people in Poker to be good at it I assume.

Dan
Thank you for the feedback Stargazer.
The site has a password because I made the site and I feel is not good enough to be public before a review, especially of someone into business and used to online business rules.
Poker is a mind sport, that requires awareness and skill, and very good management. That is why only about 10% is a winner long-term. The main objective is not to make poker players per se, but to connect the thinking mode with other skills to understand the importance of acquiring skills in business. To be good at poker, you need to improve yourself and overcome limitations, if not circumstances of the game destroy you. The problem is that a lot of people see it as a fun card game, but the more the dynamics are understood, you realize is a mind sport. So is life and business.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.