The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

REAL ESTATE Merrill Lynch predicts 25% decline

PurEnergy

New Contributor
Jan 4, 2008
Merrill Lynch is predicting a 25% decline in home prices over the next three years. I'm guessing they are taking an average and this will be regional.

If you are currently looking to buy property you need to do some homework and decide if your area is one which might lose 25% of it's value. If you like to buy houses at 70% of after repaired value than you might consider starting to offer 45% of last years prices.

I do agree with Kyosaki though that prices will come back becuase of replacement cost. Anyone who has done any construction recently knows what he's talking about. I don't see the cost of raw materials going down. The cost of labor on the other hand may go down for a while due to less work.

Something to consider.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

tbsells

Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio
Can you post a link or reference an article from Merrill Lynch where this 25% decline is predicted? I have not seen that and would like to read the details.

Thanks

tbsells

Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio
PurEnergy,
Thanks for the link. I appreciate it. Good find and Rep+. I'm going to look for the rest of the report, it seems like there would be more details somewhere.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom