The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Merrill Lynch predicts 25% decline

PurEnergy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 4, 2008
Merrill Lynch is predicting a 25% decline in home prices over the next three years. I'm guessing they are taking an average and this will be regional.

If you are currently looking to buy property you need to do some homework and decide if your area is one which might lose 25% of it's value. If you like to buy houses at 70% of after repaired value than you might consider starting to offer 45% of last years prices.

I do agree with Kyosaki though that prices will come back becuase of replacement cost. Anyone who has done any construction recently knows what he's talking about. I don't see the cost of raw materials going down. The cost of labor on the other hand may go down for a while due to less work.

Something to consider.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tbsells

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio
Can you post a link or reference an article from Merrill Lynch where this 25% decline is predicted? I have not seen that and would like to read the details.

Thanks

tbsells

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio
PurEnergy,
Thanks for the link. I appreciate it. Good find and Rep+. I'm going to look for the rest of the report, it seems like there would be more details somewhere.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.