The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Meet Kevin: Dave Ramsey Exposed

RichieG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 27, 2018
Has this guy got a big set of balls or just being clever using "big" You Tube names?

On paper he looks like he talks a good game and plays a good game.

Google Meet Kevin for all his content. His You Tube videos are what I generally watch.

He has called out Dave Ramsey, Grant Cardone, Chris Rood to name a few and basically given his take on what he thinks they are doing.........................

He must be squeaky clean with what he does as otherwise he is getting sued big time or they will flip the tables.

You Tube Meet Kevin and tell me what you think. Actually here is the Dave Ramsey Exposed link :

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKvhoimzReM

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Funny and well done video, not surprising though, at least from my perspective.

Sell the Slowlane, Get Rich in the Fastlane...

I've been saying it for over a decade.

RichieG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 27, 2018

His material is good generally. Just don't watch the one on compound interest!

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
This was a secret? But, atleast Dave has made a lot of people rich and even more out of debt so it's not a bad thing at all. He basically wrote a modern day bible for money and people buy in to it just like they do the real bible. Been happening for lots of years. Atleast Dave gives people a book he actually wrote.

Personally, I did the things Dave preaches before Dave started preaching them to people. 0 debt has got me to where I am today.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
He has called out Dave Ramsey, Grant Cardone, Chris Rood to name a few and basically given his take on what he thinks they are doing

Yeah, his take on things is exactly what they're doing. They sell leads to agents & they don't give a rip if the buyers are qualified & they seriously don't give a rip if the agent has any skill or experience -only that they're willing to pay.

BTW, in case you didn't know, this is how Zillow & Trulia make their money -they get the unsuspecting public to create accounts & then sell those "leads" to agents who are willing to pay, even if they've never sold a home in their career. I have zero problem with the business model, but I have a BIG problem with the lack of disclosure to the general public. But that's the way it goes.

I get hit up by these "services" on the regular. I have yet to see one that seems to offer leads worth paying for. But that's just me.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
It’s funny because Grant Cardone calls Dave Ramsey out all the time for giving terrible advice to people

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
And you do know that when Dave refers a customer to a business, that business can NOT give a special discount for his listeners. I had this happen to a business I was a part of. My business owner wanted to give a discount but the girl at the time at Dave's office said oh HELL NO!!! :eek:

To me, it's all business. Maybe that's because I understand how it all works and if others don't, they should educate their self a little better about the world. Although, a business should be able to give a discount if they want to..... we pulled out of the program that day.

People are free to do as they wish so if they choose to go by the book about what ANYONE says, that is their choice. I say.... take a little of what this person says and a little of that that person says and a little of what 3 other people say.... mix them all together and take the good from it and you might be on to something.

Last edited:

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
This was a secret? But, atleast Dave has made a lot of people rich and even more out of debt so it's not a bad thing at all. He basically wrote a modern day bible for money and people buy in to it just like they do the real bible. Been happening for lots of years. Atleast Dave gives people a book he actually wrote.

Personally, I did the things Dave preaches before Dave started preaching them to people. 0 debt has got me to where I am today.

;)

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

For some reasons, I've been wondering whether gurus calling out other fake/shady/suspicious gurus (witch hunts) will be the next marketing trick rising on the horizon, besides 'fake it until you make it'.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Supposedly Dave sent the dude a cease and desist and wants the video removed. Their grounds is "exposure of confidential information". LOL

DustinH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
May 24, 2017
Nashville
Since I don't watch TV and only watch YT his real estate videos have popped up a lot and I've watched several of them. He is definitely piggybacking off Grant's and Dave's popularity with his click-bait video titles. Which is fine but at some point that tactic won't work as well to get attention to your platform. Or maybe it will if you keep coming up with new popular figures to "expose." I don't know. I think it's ironic that a guru gets attention by exposing popular gurus.

Supposedly Dave sent the dude a cease and desist and wants the video removed. Their grounds is "exposure of confidential information". LOL

Dave's company doesn't allow their affiliates, a.k.a. Endorsed Local Providers (realtors, mortgage brokers, financial advisors) to talk publicly about their agreements and terms for sending them leads. That's why they sent Kevin the cease and desist. They don't want any of that info getting out there.

I think Dave has done a great job of going from teaching couples personal finance in the mid '90s to a huge business with several streams of revenue. I think they produce close to $50 mil in annual revenue. They are constructing a brand new building to house all of his employees and the radio show. Building it with all cash. It looks pretty nice.

We go to the same church and I've studied his business model from talking to several people in town that have worked for him or been an ELP. Contrary to popular belief, they don't make much revenue off people in debt and getting out of debt, except for book sales. Majority of their revenue comes from radio advertising, business partnerships (Zander Insurance & Churchhill Mortgage), and fees from their Endorsed Local Providers. Personally, Dave owns a ton of real estate investments that he could live off, too.

I don't follow Dave's financial advice anymore (can't stand his promotion of "growth stock mutual funds") but I definitely respect him as an entrepreneur.

Last edited:

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
"confidential information"

To Whom? Dave's readers and listeners. They are mostly Sidewalkers which Dave proceeds to help make into Slowlaners. They are Uber-nieve.

I guess you can at least say that's a step up from previous...

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Interesting... the original Meet Kevin video at the topic of this thread is still watchable but is currently 'unlisted'.

I guess the Ramsey Empire made him an offer he couldn't refuse. :wideyed:

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
I guess you can at least say that's a step up from previous...
This is why I don't bash on Ramsey too much. Too many mixed feelings. I run into a lot of Ramsey converts in my age/social cohort (early mid 30s professionals, usually on starter home/ kid 1/ first legit job, sometimes transitioning to 1 income).

The hucksterism is disturbing, and I'm always a little perturbed by the devotion Ramseyites have to the program, but in my wider social circle, they're also they only people I know under 40 that are even close to being out of debt, or even trying for that matter.

Never ceases to legit piss me off hearing people talking about how they're going to make 12% forever in their mutual funds, though. Math is math, Dave.

NuclearPuma

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 3, 2015
Criticizing gurus has turned out to be a good way to get attention and traffic. There are a few YouTube channels with lots of subscribers that do nothing but call out other you tube channels for being "fake"....here are some examples that I've see: "fake natty"...."fake weights".... "fake black belt"... "fake entrepreneur"... etc. There are whole channels dedicated to each of those and they have pretty large followings.

There was a really entertaining one I watched a while ago calling out the sellers of get rich info products that was actually pretty good showing how fabricated these people's success was.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Criticizing gurus has turned out to be a good way to get attention and traffic. There are a few YouTube channels with lots of subscribers that do nothing but call out other you tube channels for being "fake"....here are some examples that I've see: "fake natty"...."fake weights".... "fake black belt"... "fake entrepreneur"... etc. There are whole channels dedicated to each of those and they have pretty large followings.

There was a really entertaining one I watched a while ago calling out the sellers of get rich info products that was actually pretty good showing how fabricated these people's success was.
Could you share a link or title if you remember? I'd love to check it out

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I just don't think of Dave as an investor guy to go to. To me, he is the get out of debt guy and he has helped a lot of people do it. Face it.... they have the cruise set at 45mph on the highway and will never get out of the right hand lane so he is their best option. He gets them out of debt and most of them keep on keepin on at 45mph. And keep the other thread in mind.... if we all owned our own businesses, who would be the worker bees? Someone has to work and those people need someone to help them make them think they are living the high life. Some people use the Bible as a crutch, some people use alcohol for a crutch and some people use Dave as a crutch.

DustinH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
May 24, 2017
Nashville
I should walk over to his office and ask him about it, he works a building over. :)

Dave said the other day that when the new complex is open that they will employ over 800 people and look to grow more. So, they probably have a few people handling the copyright infringements and misuse of his name and likeness.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I'm sure he has had people to handle that for several years now. I haven't listened to him in a loooong time. I think while I'm out in the garage tonight I'll tune him in. I've been hooked on the OTR (old time radio) app lately.

MAU

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Mar 10, 2016
Silver Spring Maryland
I just don't think of Dave as an investor guy to go to. To me, he is the get out of debt guy and he has helped a lot of people do it.
Agreed I listen to Dave Ramsey and he makes some good points especially for his target audience. His is not an investment strategy as much as a way to get out of soul-crushing debt.

st.julian

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 6, 2019
Rockville, MD
I like the dude; hes hard working, quirky and calling out the big guys on their shady tactics
I can't believe you are encouraging this a**hole. This guy is a classic example of a fake entrepreneur, looking to come-up off the backs of real entrepreneurs like Dave and Grant.

It's okay to disagree with someone's stance on a particular topic like money, debt, or real estate. Anyone who listens to Grant or Dave should know they have different opinions on these tops. It's another thing to use someone's name as click bate. He's trying to boost himself up, while putting these big name guys down.

I guarantee he watches more Grant Cardone videos than Grant's dedicated followers. This guy is an absolute joke and shouldn't be taken seriously.

View: https://www.facebook.com/1253954897/posts/10218701655113214/

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
I can't believe you are encouraging this a**hole. This guy is a classic example of a fake entrepreneur, looking to come-up off the backs of real entrepreneurs like Dave and Grant.

It's okay to disagree with someone's stance on a particular topic like money, debt, or real estate. Anyone who listens to Grant or Dave should know they have different opinions on these tops. It's another thing to use someone's name as click bate. He's trying to boost himself up, while putting these big name guys down.

I guarantee he watches more Grant Cardone videos than Grant's dedicated followers. This guy is an absolute joke and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Your comment had absolutely no substance, sounds like an emotional rant. Yes he uses clout to gain views, big whoopie doopie

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas

Really? This is your first post?

What makes Kevin fake? Is it that he punches upwards, his brand, or the info he shares?

The guy has a higher net worth than he does followers. Doesn't sound like a fake to me.

Hard to believe someone with a wife and kids would blatantly share them in his "scam" videos.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

He markets mutual funds with high bid offer spread. Not to my liking on that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.