The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Meditation

Anything related to matters of the mind

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
Do any of you meditate at all to reduce stress, have a clear mind, natural high, etc. ?

I've also heard that you can activate your "third eye" as they call it inside your brain. Anyone who can shed light on that?

I just started and I find it to be an amazing tool to keep your mind intact and reduces stress greatly. I do it after my workouts and it works like a charm. Keeps me focused and motivated as if I took the Limitless pill or something. But hey, maybe I'm just experiencing this because I'm a noob.

Share some thoughts!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tincho1492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 7, 2011
Uruguay
Used to practice it and am working on taking that habit back. Mainly for stress reduction. Really felt recharged and relaxed.

Didn't heard about the 'third eye' thing.

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
I meditate after shadow boxing/kickboxing sessions and I have just started recently to be exercise again due to a shoulder injury a few months ago. You know the awesome feeling after a cardio session? Well it feels a hell of a lot better when you meditate, clearing your mind and proper breathing at the same time right after the cardio.

Yeah the third eye thing seems pretty cool. Here's a video on it. It has to do with nutrition a lot as well as meditation.

How to Decalcify Your Pineal Gland - YouTube

Pretty interesting stuff.

mdturner

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jan 17, 2013
I just got into yoga last month. Do it pretty much every other morning at 630 a.m. and it really does make my whole day better. I have a very relaxed feel all day. Although I'm not as much into the spiritual bullshit side of it. I'm more into the self awareness with breathing exercises and synchronizing all of my movements with my breathing. I'd definitely suggest at least trying it

Gold777

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 3, 2011
Shameless plug here.. If you guys are interested in meditation you'll probably be interested in my startup Awakefully.com launching in a few weeks.

Hans im Glueck

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 15, 2013
Amsterdam
I try to meditate daily. I think this is by far the best habit that i ever implemented. (concerning timeinvestment/results.) It doesn't have crazy effects on it's own for me. I don't become super 'blissful' and certainly don't activate my third eye. lol.
But it has a strong compounding effect over time because when you meditate you will do everything else a little bit better. A little bit more focused, a little bit better decisions etc. You have to stick with it for a while in order to notice changes though. The most important effect for me was that i stopped getting caught up in negative thoughtpatterns as easily and can just 'drop' it when i notice that i'm angry/sad/whatever state that is not useful at the moment.

cashflow3000

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 13, 2011
Bellingham, Washington, USA
I've been meditating for about a year now, and I have found it tremendously helpful in controlling stress.

Being able to control your emotions is one of the keys to success in business, and meditation, along with regular excercise, is helping me do just that.

I try to meditate every single day for 20 minutes.

If I skip it more than two days in a row I really notice the difference, I feel more anxious and less productive.

Truth be told, most of my meditation sessions end up being naps but hey, it still works! :groove:

McNandez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jan 3, 2013
If you guys are interested in meditation you'll probably be interested in my startup Awakefully.com launching in a few weeks.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for that!

For me, getting started with meditation was difficult, but attaching it to my work out routine was very helpful. The positive effects of exercise seemed to last longer, but more than anything else, it's helped me focus. That in and of itself has been a godsend. What kind of routine have you developed?

Do you also do yoga? I'm not into the mystical/spiritual side of it myself, as someone else has said, but it's had a repairitive effect on what working in an office has done to me, i.e., all the aches and pains of sitting for extended amounts of time.

G

GuestUser8117

I used to meditate last year for my anxiety. I am familiar with the third eye/pineal gland activation. Beware with meditation, it can awaken a dangerous energy called Kundalini. I have awakened it and it was the most frightening experience I've ever had. I had Kundalini psychosis. One day, a terrible electromagnetic pressure started to arise in my head (the crown chakra) and it felt like my head was going to explose. Literally. I had access to higher dimensions/consciousness. During 2-3 months my reality was completely different.

lookingahead

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Nov 21, 2010
I've meditated off and on for over a few years now. I definitely notice a drop in stress and an increase in productivity. Usually after a few days of it, I will start to notice an increase the vividness of colors, my hearing strengthens, and my reaction time usually gets better. I might be the only one that notices that but it is pretty cool. The whole third eye thing, is more a spiritual thing, I've never experienced it but then again I don't do it for the spiritual purposes.

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
I used to meditate last year for my anxiety. I am familiar with the third eye/pineal gland activation. Beware with meditation, it can awaken a dangerous energy called Kundalini. I have awakened it and it was the most frightening experience I've ever had. I had Kundalini psychosis. One day, a terrible electromagnetic pressure started to arise in my head (the crown chakra) and it felt like my head was going to explose. Literally. I had access to higher dimensions/consciousness. During 2-3 months my reality was completely different.

Woah! That is bizarre. I have once came across a christian conspiracy website in which the blogger was saying that meditation would bring out "demonic spirits" and similar to what you just described lol.

Could you elaborate a bit? Higher dimensions and such. And what can one do to prevent this type of an experience (Kundalini) and still meditate with an amazing experience.

Thanks for the replies guys.

G

GuestUser8117

Woah! That is bizarre. I have once came across a christian conspiracy website in which the blogger was saying that meditation would bring out "demonic spirits" and similar to what you just described lol.

Could you elaborate a bit? Higher dimensions and such. And what can one do to prevent this type of an experience (Kundalini) and still meditate with an amazing experience.

Thanks for the replies guys.

There are diffrent systems of energy in the body. These are called the chakras.

"Through meditation, and various esoteric practices, such as Kundalini Yoga, Sahaja Yoga, and Kriya Yoga, the kundalini is awakened, and can rise up from the muladhara chakra through the central nadi, called sushumna, inside or alongside the spine and reaches the top of the head. The progress of kundalini through the different chakras leads to different levels of awakening and mystical experience, until the kundalini finally reaches the top of the head, Sahasrara or crown chakra, producing an extremely profound mystical experience."

I still have the painful pressure in my head and it hurts, believe me. If you are unprepared (like I was) to awaken this energy it can be a terrible experience. I have seen spirits (negative and positive entities). Demons/angels lol I don't know but yeah I can assure you there is non-physical beings in the other world.When you open your third eye, you begin to see reality with new eyes. I can see the subtle energy of other things around me, which are all connected together. Objects, people, everything is linked. I can see the particles of consciousness all around me. Pretty weird to live like that huh?

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
if you could come back where you first started meditation would you do it again or you wouldn'T ?

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
There are diffrent systems of energy in the body. These are called the chakras.

"Through meditation, and various esoteric practices, such as Kundalini Yoga, Sahaja Yoga, and Kriya Yoga, the kundalini is awakened, and can rise up from the muladhara chakra through the central nadi, called sushumna, inside or alongside the spine and reaches the top of the head. The progress of kundalini through the different chakras leads to different levels of awakening and mystical experience, until the kundalini finally reaches the top of the head, Sahasrara or crown chakra, producing an extremely profound mystical experience."

I still have the painful pressure in my head and it hurts, believe me. If you are unprepared (like I was) to awaken this energy it can be a terrible experience. I have seen spirits (negative and positive entities). Demons/angels lol I don't know but yeah I can assure you there is non-physical beings in the other world.When you open your third eye, you begin to see reality with new eyes. I can see the subtle energy of other things around me, which are all connected together. Objects, people, everything is linked. I can see the particles of consciousness all around me. Pretty weird to live like that huh?

That's interesting. What's the science behind this? Demons and angels sound bizarre, how do they interact with you lol? Or do they just stare at you with a blank face:nonod:

How do you prevent this anyways or be ready for it? Seems pretty advanced lol.

andyredsox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 24, 2012
It really helps reduce stress and helps you focus more.

I've done this for quite sometime. A 20- min. meditation a day will do the trick.

Slash your caffeine intake too. Try tea instead.

IT helps especially if you're busy meeting deadlines and all.

GoldRider

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 4, 2012
Omerta is right about non physical entities. I can assure you about that.
Btw Omerta did you see such entities as a result of your meditation?

When I meditate my head gets heavy like it's filled with water. Does somebody experience it or it's just me?

G

GuestUser8117

Omerta is right about non physical entities. I can assure you about that.
Btw Omerta did you see such entities as a result of your meditation?

When I meditate my head gets heavy like it's filled with water. Does somebody experience it or it's just me?

I awakened my third eye unintentionally, as a result I began to saw some entitites...

Twiki

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Oct 7, 2012
I listen to brainwave entrainment programs and some of them, if I "overdo" it, cause a kind of heavy-headed sensation that can last for a couple of days --- it's weird because it's not exactly "heavy" heavy but more like there is so much electrical current coursing through my head that it feels like the skull is going to crack open from the pressure. I try not to overdo it anymore. Have not seen any entities as a result however.

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
I awakened my third eye unintentionally, as a result I began to saw some entitites...

What did these entities look like and how did they interact with you? When you say your most frightening experience, could you elaborate please on what you went through exactly? I have heard of positive experiences and negative experiences with awakening your 3rd eye.

GoldRider

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 4, 2012
Twiki, I feel exactly like that. Like my brain is full of something and it cannot handle more.

SuccessKing, I have seen one and had experience with a few of them. Trust me you don't want to see what's on the other side. Basically these entities are made of smokeless fire. They are jealous of human beings because although we are weaker than them in strength but it is our mental capabilities that make us higher than them. I didn't knew that awakening the 3rd eye gives you the ability to see such things.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread679265/pg1

These entities are around you but you can't see them for your own good.

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
Twiki, I feel exactly like that. Like my brain is full of something and it cannot handle more.

SuccessKing, I have seen one and had experience with a few of them. Trust me you don't want to see what's on the other side. Basically these entities are made of smokeless fire. They are jealous of human beings because although we are weaker than them in strength but it is our mental capabilities that make us higher than them. I didn't knew that awakening the 3rd eye gives you the ability to see such things.

I opened my third eye and I regret it, page 1

These entities are around you but you can't see them for your own good.

Wow. Is this because if you focus on just one chakra it causes an imbalance? I mean, meditation has shown so many benefits after so many studies and people trying it. But how would one prevent this and live the positive effects?? Truth sounds stranger then fiction for sure.

http://personaltao.com/taoism-library/what-is-the-third-eye/third-eye-faq/

This site says that its about patience and making your visions what you want them to be. Although this guy doesn't give a lot of straight answers, he states that the third eye experience is what you want it to be and that most people fall into the fear aspect of it and give up.

Not saying you guys are wrong in anyway at all, just stating what I found.

Thoughts?

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
I think about my life all day and try to drive it in a certain direction. Is that meditation? I do it while pooping, driving, eating.

Whiphsh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jan 10, 2013
Lithuania
Kundalini itself isn't dangerous, it's when you awaken it without being ready that is dangerous.

Some people, believe it or not, buy supplements and stuff to force awaken it. That's what's dangerous, let the body go at its own pace.

WARNING: My personal opinion based (not originally my own though)

The Bible is all about meditation and awakening.

I'll gladly share the resources if anyone's interested - the info will change your perspective about the Bible instantly - privately as not to cause any damage to anyone not deserving it of course...

Twiki

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Oct 7, 2012
Third Eye FAQ

This site says that its about patience and making your visions what you want them to be. Although this guy doesn't give a lot of straight answers, he states that the third eye experience is what you want it to be and that most people fall into the fear aspect of it and give up.

Not saying you guys are wrong in anyway at all, just stating what I found.

Thoughts?

I didn't check out that site but based on your summary, I don't buy his interpretation.

Here's an analogy: it's known that exposing people to blinking flashing lights combined with certain sound frequencies can cause "trancey" experiences that can be lead to mystical-ish (made-up word) states. BUT, it's also known that exposing certain people to blinking flashing lights can push them into an epileptic seizure. It's a neurological thing that some people are wired to be susceptible towards, that leads to a real experience. If someone is having an epileptic fit it doesn't matter if they have patience or a positive frame of mind towards the experience --- not that there's anything wrong with those things.

cashflow3000

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 13, 2011
Bellingham, Washington, USA

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts