The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mediocre up to this post

Patrick Ciora

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Dec 5, 2019
Germany
... yes, you heard right - up to this post!

You're probably wondering what I mean by that ...

... and I gonna tell you, it's quite simple!

After I already read 60% of The Millionaire Fastlane, I knew it was time to get active - and here I am...

... only in form of a contribution, but this is just the beginning!

But whose beginning are we talking about here?

... oh right, I didn't introduce myself yet, so let's change this!

Hi! My name is Patrick, from Germany, 24 years old.
And to be honest, my life is only half as exciting as my introduction in this post.

What I mean by that?

Well, I live with my parents, I am a student in the area of IT-Security, and guess what, I am broke.
Doesn't sound so bad at first glance, but only if you consider the current circumstances.

It's not hard to see how this road is going to end - with a JOB.
I arrived at a point where I decided for myself - NO, I do not want to continue my life living in slavery for the system - I want to break out!

The Millionaire Fastlane by @MJ DeMarco was one of the things that opened my eyes - and so I'm here to tell you, I want to change something and invest my time properly.
Mediocrity ends here, and life begins!

Best regards ...
... from a pursuer of his dreams, also known as Patrick

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey Patrick, welcome to the forum! :)

If you want my advice:

First step is to become independant. I would suggest that once you finish your study (whether it is bachelor or master), go straight to finding a job asap, so you can earn some money and move out from your parents place.

Once you have a small place for yourself, you must turn it into your headquarters where you build your life EXACTLY the way that you need it to support you on your road to financial freedom.

I did this by moving from Munich to Hamburg after I finished my masters degree in Engineering.

Im currently still an "Employee" but thats normal in the beginning. Try to save as much money as possible and pump that money into your CENTS business.

Looking forward to hearing more updates from you soon!

Best Regards
Champion

Patrick Ciora

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Dec 5, 2019
Germany
Thanks a lot @Champion !

Referring to your advice, do I really necessarily need to get a job? If I develop e.g. a software which I want to sell across multiple platform money is not necessarily required. Sure, the software won't be sold immediately, but I guess it is a good way to go to at least "survive".

How is the process with your business going beside your job?

You will hear definitely from me, so I want to hear from you!

Best regards
Patrick

Last edited:
D

Deleted74396

Thanks!

Referring to your advice, do I really necessarily need to get a job? If I develop e.g. a software which I want to sell across multiple platform money is not necessarily required. Sure, the software won't be sold immediately, but I guess it is a good way to go to at least "survive".

How is the process with your business going beside your job?

You will hear definitely from me, so I want to hear from you!

Best regards
Patrick

You don't need a job, but you'll have increased stress, and may end next year broke!

I know, I'm broke.

I thought 6 months emergency savings would be fine and do me well until I created a side business that made enough money for me to actually do what I wanted to do.

So in May I started looking at side hustles I could do to make some cash and create some sort of income for myself. By the end of May I realised the first side hustle wasn't going to work as I didn't have a car.

I was certain my second side biz would 'at least' make me £1000 a month, enough to pay bills and live somewhat comfortably. Instead it made around £50, wasn't scaleable, took up a huge amount of time, and wasn't going to be making thousands for a loooong time.

I had to give up, as at this point I only have 4 months savings.

My third idea could've worked but failed massively because of my failing mindset (I'd already failed twice and begun getting desperate as money begun to dwindle).

I was in panic mode and fell for ClickFunnels. I only spent $100 and got decent value for it at least, but ultimately it wasn't going to work for me.

The worst part is that I wasted another month.

I had a couple of months savings left, and begun thinking of any way to make additional money, even if I had to spend hours on it.

With a couple of months until I went broke, I found a side hustle that worked for me. Sadly, I was working for around £6 an hour, and only bringing in £650 when my bills, food, toiletries, etc. cost £600.

I have had no money for the past couple of months.

Every day getting out of bed is hard.

Getting on the laptop and messaging people like everything's fine is so hard.

Knowing Christmas is coming and you can barely afford cards is horrible.

If you have any kind of money or savings, either live off it and focus on getting a job, or go all in on finding clients and making money from your existing skills.

No matter how confident you are, things can always come crumbling down. For me, it's been like an avalanche. Each month has brought new sh*t, and it makes everything harder. Don't give up your entrepreneurial dreams, but focus on getting some stable income!

Listen to @MJ DeMarco, buy the books if you can afford it, listen to @Andy Black! Their advice is invaluable. If I'd found FLF when I had 6 months savings I had no doubt I'd be working with at least a few clients and not trying to prospect 2 weeks before Christmas with ZERO savings and everything hanging in the balance.

It's not worth the stress, get stability first.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Patrick Ciora

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Dec 5, 2019
Germany
From this point of view a safe should be not something anyone should ignore.
But unless I'm still a student I will process until I'm studying.

My goal is to be independent after graduation!

Life can always come up with some unpredictable things, in this case I think your idea by creating a stable income base will suit me best.

Thanks for the advice and your opinion based on this topic @elusive97 !

Best regards
Patrick

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Welcome to the forum Patrick.

An entrepreneur is a problem solver and will get there one way or another, even if that means taking a job.

Now then... maybe this chat might help you:

Patrick Ciora

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Dec 5, 2019
Germany
Thanks @Andy Black!

Well, if I can not "survive" without a job, I guess there's no way around it.
I will check out the thread!

Best regards
Patrick

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!