The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Master Yourself! Eliminate 99% of all struggle.

Anything related to matters of the mind
D

Deleted49964

99% of your struggle is self-made.
If you are not a master of yourself, you will be fighting against yourself.

This thread is for those who struggle with themselves all the time, and specially for those who are not aware that they're the reason for their struggling...
The goal here is to acknowledge the problem, get to the root of it and solve it!
If you think this thread is for you, take some time to focus, grab a piece of paper and write some stuff down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, do you lack focus/drive? Don't seem to be achieving anything? Can't be accountable with your schedule? Spend too much time on stuff not aligned with your goals?...
How do we fix this?... The following sections should describe the source of your problems.

Self-Identity
You should have a clear sense of self. Your actions reflect who you are. For them to be consistent, they should come from a strong sense of self.
Ask yourself these questions... What defines YOU? Think of who YOU want to be in terms of character, morals, qualities, etc... Align yourself based on all those answers.
Tip: pick a word that you will use that makes you paint a clear picture in your mind of WHO YOU ARE, that sums up all those areas of you (example: entrepreneur/problem-solver/warrior). Note it down.

Self-Purpose
With a strong self-identity, comes the base from which you act upon. Now, you should also have a clear self-purpose. This is what gives you direction. You can't get to a place without knowing where you're going.
A purpose is more than a goal, it's what your life sums up to, apart from any personal satisfaction. It's what brushes off ALL the distractions. It is a never ending goal. It is your LIFE GOAL, and as such, it is something that you will always strive for and base your decisions upon.
What is your life goal? What difference do you want to make? What do you want to be remembered for?... Align yourself with your life purpose.
Tip: pick a small phrase that puts together a vision of your life purpose (example: create peace/contribute to science/philanthropy/create a company that brings big progress for Humanity in [an industry]...). Note it down.

Focus
Now comes the FOCUS. In your life, you should have areas of focus. If you are a worker in a 9-to-5 pursuing entrepreneurship, you should focus on your job and on creating a business, nothing else. Strip away those distractions. Don't go nights out, don't waste free time, don't act on anything else other than your areas of focus.
Set your areas of focus in your schedule. Build your schedule for each day with those areas. Occupy each day all day and leave no room for actions not aligned with your focuses.
Tip: you should leave 1h to 1h30min each day, before sleep time, where you take care of your relationships with your beloved ones and where you browse the forum and other educational content or practice some skill/fun activity. It's important to set a time to relax but when you do relax, don't loose track.

Discipline
Probably the most important, discipline is what creates the habit. It takes 21 days to eliminate an old habit and create a new one. Discipline is what glues everything together. When you "feel" like not doing it, discipline makes you leap over the barrier, and eventually breaks it. Such an example is getting up from bed after the alarm clock rings. After your habit of getting up on time is formed, it becomes easier and fulfilling.
Practice your discipline. When in face of a tempting decision, always remember who you are, what your purpose is and what your focus is. Turn old habits into better ones.
Tip: when you catch yourself making a bad decision, don't make it worse by thinking "I'll make it up later", instead say it out loud. Recognize that it contradicts everything you are and turn your action towards your focus.

If you want to be an entrepreneur, success starts by eliminating your most powerful barrier. YOURSELF.
Recognize that 99% of your struggle comes from you. Master yourself first.

Final Tips
- Have an alarm clock from a song you like and motivates you;
- If you struggle to get up even after you shut off the alarm, leave it away from your bed side when you go to sleep;
- Keep a paper written with your self-identity, self-purpose, focus and discipline statement by your alarm clock position, to read every day on waking up and going to sleep;
- When you get off bed immediately do some push-ups/squats/abs exercises to shake your sleepiness away;
- Only shower with cold/neutral water to speed your metabolism;
- Consider doing intermittent fasting (major benefit is the increase in energy and overall mood - link);
- Take care of your diet, don't eat snacks and foods with added sugar (bad for health and your energy);
- Have a workout routine, either at home or in the gym. Make it as much time efficient as possible. It's the most important final tip, because it is the most beneficial. Physical exercise = more brain capacity, more energy, better health and more confidence.

Wish this reaches a lot of new people in need.

André G.

PS: Here's my alarm clock!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
99% of your struggle is self-made.
If you are not a master of yourself, you will be fighting against yourself.

This thread is for those who struggle with themselves all the time, and specially for those who are not aware that they're the reason for their struggling...
The goal here is to acknowledge the problem, get to the root of it and solve it!
If you think this thread is for you, take some time to focus, grab a piece of paper and write some stuff down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, do you lack focus/drive? Don't seem to be achieving anything? Can't be accountable with your schedule? Spend too much time on stuff not aligned with your goals?...
How do we fix this?... The following sections should describe the source of your problems.

Self-Identity
You should have a clear sense of self. Your actions reflect who you are. For them to be consistent, they should come from a strong sense of self.
Ask yourself these questions... What defines YOU? Think of who YOU want to be in terms of character, morals, qualities, etc... Align yourself based on all those answers.
Tip: pick a word that you will use that makes you paint a clear picture in your mind of WHO YOU ARE, that sums up all those areas of you (example: entrepreneur/problem-solver/warrior). Note it down.

Self-Purpose
With a strong self-identity, comes the base from which you act upon. Now, you should also have a clear self-purpose. This is what gives you direction. You can't get to a place without knowing where you're going.
A purpose is more than a goal, it's what your life sums up to, apart from any personal satisfaction. It's what brushes off ALL the distractions. It is a never ending goal. It is your LIFE GOAL, and as such, it is something that you will always strive for and base your decisions upon.
What is your life goal? What difference do you want to make? What do you want to be remembered for?... Align yourself with your life purpose.
Tip: pick a small phrase that puts together a vision of your life purpose (example: create peace/contribute to science/philanthropy/create a company that brings big progress for Humanity in [an industry]...). Note it down.

Focus
Now comes the FOCUS. In your life, you should have areas of focus. If you are a worker in a 9-to-5 pursuing entrepreneurship, you should focus on your job and on creating a business, nothing else. Strip away those distractions. Don't go nights out, don't waste free time, don't act on anything else other than your areas of focus.
Set your areas of focus in your schedule. Build your schedule for each day with those areas. Occupy each day all day and leave no room for actions not aligned with your focuses.
Tip: you should leave 1h to 1h30min each day, before sleep time, where you take care of your relationships with your beloved ones and where you browse the forum and other educational content or practice some skill/fun activity. It's important to set a time to relax but when you do relax, don't loose track.

Discipline
Probably the most important, discipline is what creates the habit. It takes 21 days to eliminate an old habit and create a new one. Discipline is what glues everything together. When you "feel" like not doing it, discipline makes you leap over the barrier, and eventually breaks it. Such an example is getting up from bed after the alarm clock rings. After your habit of getting up on time is formed, it becomes easier and fulfilling.
Practice your discipline. When in face of a tempting decision, always remember who you are, what your purpose is and what your focus is. Turn old habits into better ones.
Tip: when you catch yourself making a bad decision, don't make it worse by thinking "I'll make it up later", instead say it out loud. Recognize that it contradicts everything you are and turn your action towards your focus.

If you want to be an entrepreneur, success starts by eliminating your most powerful barrier. YOURSELF.
Recognize that 99% of your struggle comes from you. Master yourself first.

Final Tips
- Have an alarm clock from a song you like and motivates you;
- If you struggle to get up even after you shut off the alarm, leave it away from your bed side when you go to sleep;
- Keep a paper written with your self-identity, self-purpose, focus and discipline statement by your alarm clock position, to read every day on waking up and going to sleep;
- When you get off bed immediately do some push-ups/squats/abs exercises to shake your sleepiness away;
- Only shower with cold/neutral water to speed your metabolism;
- Consider doing intermittent fasting (major benefit is the increase in energy and overall mood - link);
- Take care of your diet, don't eat snacks and foods with added sugar (bad for health and your energy);
- Have a workout routine, either at home or in the gym. Make it as much time efficient as possible. It's the most important final tip, because it is the most beneficial. Physical exercise = more brain capacity, more energy, better health and more confidence.

Wish this reaches a lot of new people in need.

André G.

PS: Here's my alarm clock!

im so sad i dont know how to save this post i want to refer to it many times

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
im so sad i dont know how to save this post i want to refer to it many times

don't worry. what you need is a superior vision above the game.

not to fight in the game.

people don't know that the game is rigged and imposed on them by an elite

this elite is decribed here and a new vision is developped for the future:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Case-Meritocracy-Political-Book-ebook/dp/B018W0ULVM

only rational types like me ( INTJ ) can understand the meaning of the book and the author agrees with me

at last, i am happy to find a guy above the game who is at me level of understanfing.

the guy took a pen name to write the book but i know that he is an initiate in the know and an INTJ too.

Most of the masters above the rigged games ( capitalism, communism, all the games imposed on populations) are INTJ and INTP.

people here are focused on the game . they don't understand that the game is rigged and won't last because the masters own the game

not people.

yes people will say that i am a stupid french moron or whatever

but i don't care. i only care about reality.

PickOcean

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Aug 10, 2017
ohio
Thanks for the post, For me, what you wrote is what I need.....The Music Rocks, "Two Steps From Hell",Thomas Bergersen is a very talented musician... this will become my new alarm.

Live a Unscripted life, Two steps from Hell!!!! Playing at your local movie theater, check local times ..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.