The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Manufacturing process

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
D

Deleted58089

Hello,

I have found an interesting product that I want to improve to sell on amazon. The market is small and not competitive and competitors products are generally unattractive and not well marketed. So i’d like to make some modifications mainly on the appearance of it and fewer on functionality. It’s a high end product and I would like to start selling on B&M stores as well. The product consists of two major ingredients. I am pretty sure it can be done by just one supplier, but it would be good if he didn’t know my final product. So I am thinking of finding two different suppliers one for each ingredient. But this will increase the cost, manufacturing time and I will need to ship it to the second supplier when the first one has finished. So I will also need to inspect it twice. I am also thinking about labeling it in the U.K. so that the manufacturer doesn’t know my brand and market. Am I overthinking it and should I just have them all arranged by one supplier? I wouldn’t like to pay for all the upfront costs and then see my product being advertised by the supplier to other prospective buyers. How should I approach this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
How have you validated the market? Can you make it yourself to test/prove the market before outsourcing the manufacturing?

D

Deleted58089

I believe there is a need for this product in the market. Sales from other amazon sellers are good enough and I would be happy obtaining a market share from them. The product cannot be made by myself, it needs to be outsourced.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
You could look into having the suppliers sign a non-compete agreement, perhaps along with an NDA. The non-compete though may not give you absolute protection, but chances are the suppliers themselves are too busy doing what they do and won't have the team and marketing know-how to bother competing. Add to that a non-compete agreement and it at least signals to them that they should think twice about doing so because they then might face legal action as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.