Happy New Year 2024, everyone.
I've been using Hostgator's shared hosting for the last 10 years and generally speaking, I haven't really had any issues with them, because reliability and speed wasn't too much of a concern for me...
Now when I'm running an e-commerce website and spending money on Google Shopping Ads to get paid traffic, it's really frustrating to see the website loading for like 10 seconds sometimes or even occasionally getting random internal server errors, which is what I've experienced recently and decided that it's time to make a move to VPS hosting.
I tried searching the forum before creating a thread, but couldn't really find any previous threads where this has been discussed in depth. Also did some research on Google and I've got a rough idea what I need, but wanted to hear your thoughts.
So the website doesn't get a huge amount of traffic - in fact, it's only 200-300 visitors/day, most of it is from Google Shopping Ads, but because I'm spending money on traffic, I can't afford to have a slow website or any major downtimes, as obviously this affects the sales/profit, etc.
VPS hosting seems to be the best way forward, as Dedicated sounds too complicated, it's too pricy and I don't think it's something that I need with my level of traffic. After doing some reading, it turns out that you've got Managed VPS hosting and Unmanaged.
My experience of running a server is absolutely ZERO, so basically what I want is a fully managed/maintained server with a cPanel, so I can access the server and do my basic stuff, like I would with Shared hosting, and I also need an SSL certificate included to have a "Secure" site in the eyes of Google. I believe the Email service is included with a cPanel, so can't really think of anything else that I need?
I kind of narrowed my choice down to a few providers, but just wanted to know what setup you guys are running on your e-commerce website?
LiquidWeb seems to be the most reputable provider and the price is quite competitive, but it looks like there's using InterWorx Control Panel and it also doesn't say if SSL is included or not?
BlueHost is also a popular choice, but again it's not clear about SSL, and I can't figure if their VPS hosting is fully managed or not? A2Hosting has the most clear package, which lists everything that's included, but I haven't really heard of them much? Anyone got experience with them? Possibly anyone else you would recommend based on my requirements?
Thanks for your help
I've been using Hostgator's shared hosting for the last 10 years and generally speaking, I haven't really had any issues with them, because reliability and speed wasn't too much of a concern for me...
Now when I'm running an e-commerce website and spending money on Google Shopping Ads to get paid traffic, it's really frustrating to see the website loading for like 10 seconds sometimes or even occasionally getting random internal server errors, which is what I've experienced recently and decided that it's time to make a move to VPS hosting.
I tried searching the forum before creating a thread, but couldn't really find any previous threads where this has been discussed in depth. Also did some research on Google and I've got a rough idea what I need, but wanted to hear your thoughts.
So the website doesn't get a huge amount of traffic - in fact, it's only 200-300 visitors/day, most of it is from Google Shopping Ads, but because I'm spending money on traffic, I can't afford to have a slow website or any major downtimes, as obviously this affects the sales/profit, etc.
VPS hosting seems to be the best way forward, as Dedicated sounds too complicated, it's too pricy and I don't think it's something that I need with my level of traffic. After doing some reading, it turns out that you've got Managed VPS hosting and Unmanaged.
My experience of running a server is absolutely ZERO, so basically what I want is a fully managed/maintained server with a cPanel, so I can access the server and do my basic stuff, like I would with Shared hosting, and I also need an SSL certificate included to have a "Secure" site in the eyes of Google. I believe the Email service is included with a cPanel, so can't really think of anything else that I need?
I kind of narrowed my choice down to a few providers, but just wanted to know what setup you guys are running on your e-commerce website?
LiquidWeb seems to be the most reputable provider and the price is quite competitive, but it looks like there's using InterWorx Control Panel and it also doesn't say if SSL is included or not?
BlueHost is also a popular choice, but again it's not clear about SSL, and I can't figure if their VPS hosting is fully managed or not? A2Hosting has the most clear package, which lists everything that's included, but I haven't really heard of them much? Anyone got experience with them? Possibly anyone else you would recommend based on my requirements?
Thanks for your help
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?






