The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Making my website from scratch or using other ‘easy’ tools to make it, which is better

Hlelo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 29, 2023
Alright so im in the position that I have found a problem to solve, and the solution to the problem requires a physical product. And it fits the CENTS commandments, now I need to validate the idea to the market mind, I chose to use CPC ( cost per click ) advertising to validate the product. So in the case of using CPC ads to validate my product solution I would obviously guess that I need to make a website landing Page to show the product idea/concept and allow for email/ pre orders to be sent and collected to be able to validate the idea before it even existing. So I have sighted that there are different methods to making a website.

I know i could use a website on the internet to be able to make my own website, the only thing that I get worried about is the fact I would not necessarily have control. Because what if that website that I used to create my website changes its rules to were every websites made from it is under more control and restrictions of some sort. Then I would have to look for another website and make another website and purchase it, then what if the same scenario happens again?.

hence I thought It would be better for me to be able to have the skillset of being able to not only just make my own website from scratch but also to have a lot more control in most of the things I create and need to do, with ofcourse the goal being at some point having a team of people to take care of this stuff for me to have passivity at some point, including a liquidation event.

i just was thinking isnt it a lot better to have a lot more control and independence to be able to do what is needed for a fastlane business while being rest assured you have less risk in general and you’ll be able to do it as many times as needed regardless of whether ‘website X exists’ or ‘This freelancer does the job for me and I don’t need to do anything’

basically: wouldn't it be better to have as much control as possible and like in my case to just choose to learn how to make websites my own from scratch OR is it not really necessary.

i hope what I’m asking makes sense.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
Don't build a website from scratch unless you want to be a Web Developer / Web Designer! Focus on what solves a problem in the marketplace (your product). You can't have control over everything but there is little downside to use web side templates / website builders.

Hlelo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 29, 2023
Don't build a website from scratch unless you want to be a Web Developer / Web Designer! Focus on what solves a problem in the marketplace (your product). You can't have control over everything but there is little downside to use web side templates / website builders.
thanks for your response, I appreciate it!

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Use available tools to get started, and move to a custom job in the future IF the marketing needs it

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rblitz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 11, 2013
Germany
Use Webflow and download the code as a backup (see my edit).

The time you're setting up your toolchain deciding for a css framework etc. you could be already validating your idea by using a Webflow template and putting in your content.

To be honest having (full) control over your landing page (in case your vendor changes terms) is your smallest problem.Even if the terms are changing or whatever you can rebuild your page in the future.

edit: I looked up the Webflow plans. Seems like to be able to download the code you need to have a paid "workspace" plan. So... just don't download the code.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.