The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

making money with my obsession

dubaismartmoney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Nov 28, 2011
1- Aldo Im reading the posts for months now, Im new in this forum, I did read the book and its truly a Classic, MJ write more books because there's tons of people outhere wanting to get "In the knoW" and the more the better.

2- I want to make a new website in the next few days and I will love to get some feedback about it from the experts of this forum.

3- Its a content based website, mainly with videos, funny clips, crashs, biz videos, everything that can attract audiences. The make money bit is with youtube and google adsense. I figure , since I spend tons of time watching youtube online maybe i can make some money with it...

4- I will like to know what you guys think about it. Its my first website, im looking forward just to make some money and learn about how to make money online and I think that youtube and videos on a website is a good vehicle.What you think?

5- Is this a good ROI time wise (making the website and organizing the videos) ??? and a Fastlane biz idea???

take care

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Your first couple of websites will be flops, dont concentrate on making much money at first just try and learn as much as you can.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Your first couple of websites will be flops, dont concentrate on making much money at first just try and learn as much as you can.

Never expect to fail. Your first website could be the website that works. The only advice I would take from that is learn as much as you can.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
I will like to know what you guys think about it.

I think you're attempting to go into an insanely crowded market with usually very low margins without any sort of edge competing against people with substantially more money/experience than you in that space.

Is this a good ROI time wise

no. your best roi right now is studying how money is made.

dubaismartmoney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Nov 28, 2011
lNever expect to fail.

Expecting to fail is just poor mental attitude..

So Yes , I totally agree with wade1mil.

I also enjoyed the reply from snowbank:

"I think you're attempting to go into an insanely crowded market with usually very low margins without any sort of edge... "

Thats the kind of feedback Im trying to get from the experts of this forum.

Im aware that there is hundreds of sites out here doing the same, but im not interest at all of inventing the wheel.

I just want to get a good vehicle to start to make some money online, and if that formula had been tested with success , great!!!

Of course on the other side i get the "crowded market with usually very low margins" speacily since I plan to monetize with google and youtube pay per click...

but thats just a proven formula, not very good on the margins thats true but at least a proven formula.

Anyway I will like to get some reply "why dont u do this"

in conclusion:

1- Is this a good vehicle to get some money on the internet ? yes or no, do you have any better proposition ?

2- Is this a fast lane activity or should i just read and read more books, without getin payed..??? :(

thanks

Jeremy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 25, 2011
4- I will like to know what you guys think about it. Its my first website, im looking forward just to make some money and learn about how to make money online and I think that youtube and videos on a website is a good vehicle.What you think?

5- Is this a good ROI time wise (making the website and organizing the videos) ??? and a Fastlane biz idea???

take care

What do you know about making money online?

No, not what you READ about making money online, what you KNOW about making money online....as in, have you ever made money online (even $100/mth), how did you do it, what lessons did you learn, how can others apply that knowledge to do better, etc...

You don't know what you read, you know what you experience and do. Reading a book about swimming without ever getting your head wet doesn't make you a swimmer, and reading a book about making money online doesn't make you an expert on making money online.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Im aware that there is hundreds of sites out here doing the same, but im not interest at all of inventing the wheel.

I just want to get a good vehicle to start to make some money online, and if that formula had been tested with success , great!!!

seems like you're in copycat mode instead of value creation mode.

google has had success but that doesn't mean i should run off and start a search engine to try to make money. that seems to be the level of effort you've put into researching it. you've given no facts about anything, so for someone to give you super detailed advice they're going to have to do all of your due diligence for you and then come back and write up a list of exactly what to do, and why you should or shouldn't pursue it.

should i just read and read more books, without getin payed..???

first, you should decide if you'd want to put in the level of effort it's going to take as an entrepreneur. be honest with yourself. if you're not, save your time. the early parts of the game are going to be the toughest so if you already dislike doing a little due diligence you're not going to like the work when it actually gets hard.

if you decide you do want to put in the work, knowledge is the most important thing to have. would you rather do something without having the skills to make it successful, or take extra time to get the skills needed to make something successful, then make money? you're rushing to attempt to make money instead of rushing to solve people's needs.

stop worrying about if things are fastlane or not. it's absolutely irrelevant whether something is fastlane or not because the main variable that will determine if something is fastlane or not is the person running the business. almost any niche can be fastlane, but 99.99% of the people asking if things are fastlane don't understand what it would take to make it fastlane, so, technically it's fastlane, but it's also definitely not fastlane for them.

Jeremy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 25, 2011
in conclusion:

1- Is this a good vehicle to get some money on the internet ? yes or no, do you have any better proposition ?

2- Is this a fast lane activity or should i just read and read more books, without getin payed..??? :(

thanks

1. Why should anyone care about what you have to say enough to pay for it? And don't tell me "no one is paying, I'm using ads", as your advertisers are paying you to attract customers for their products and services. There must be some topic where you know something or can do something that another person will pay money for. That's what niche research is about. A good niche for me might be different than a good niche for you, as we have different knowledge bases.

2. Stop reading "general" how to make money books and start doing something that another human being is willing to pay you to do. If there is literally nothing another person is willing to pay you to do--because you lack skills--then spend time reading and practicing a skillset that will pay.

dubaismartmoney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Nov 28, 2011
You don't know what you read, you know what you experience and do.

That was actually my point. I already decided that I will take action, I have my biz concept.

Yes I know its only a idea, and I know Im new in this... thats why i Wanted some "why dont u do this, is better" kind of reply from people that actually already did it.

seems like you're in copycat mode instead of value creation mode.

Yes , I should dismissed all the money being made in youtube this days, and just think Im smarter than everybody and stay in my basement reading and reading until I found the perfect formula... there is not perfect formula... and I need to get action going, learning and get good advice from people that know how to make money online.

So yes im in copycat mode specially because is my first website and I dont plan in conquering the world any time soon.. loool I wish my sense of humor can get across :)

Why should anyone care about what you have to say enough to pay for it?

Im not doing a blog, its a content based website, a video´s website if you want, nothing fancy.

Get money with trafic and thats it, keep it simple, nice and straight to the point.

I offer cool videos to the audience and in return i get some money for the trafic with google and youtube.

Theres tons of people doing it, alot of them getting 70 k per year and more+ just with a simple site with videos

and i guess why not???

So Im totally open for advises that can improve this project, Its my first website and i think that videos on the internet is the way to go.

thanks

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
My advise... get more focused.

Just because you enjoy watching youtube videos all day long doesn't mean you can start a site about it. What your "passion" seems to be is wasting a lot of time. You have zero focus on what the site is about except that it's about stuff you like.

That aint gonna do it.

If it were that easy well.... we'd all be rich from blogs about animated cat GIFs.

connect people and ideas - get focused

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Its a content based website, mainly with videos, funny clips, crashs, biz videos, everything that can attract audiences. The make money bit is with youtube and google adsense. I figure , since I spend tons of time watching youtube online maybe i can make some money with it...

1) Assume that you get the website up and running.
2) Assume that you yourself upload videos that you think are funny and attract audiences.

3) How do you intend to get traffic to your site?
4) What kind of adsense ads will show up on your site?
5) How much do you get per click on these ads?

I say you should go ahead and do it. I think you'll find a few things:

1) It's tedious and boring to upload and pick videos
2) You may realize that you only find 1 video a day funny and worthy of uploading so find 10 more becomes hours of boring a$$ work
3) You will find out that your site is getting <10 visits a day
4) You will find that each click you get makes you $0.05 and that you are getting one click a week.

I think it's good to experience this.

dubaismartmoney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Nov 28, 2011
Finaly someone´s get it:

Yes I didnt put my biz plan on the net and Im not explaining all the content of the website, just general enough so people can tell me their 2 cents about the concept.

I know Im still learning and theres a big list of why it wont work

but again theres alot of website´s doing exactly what Im planing and gettin results

I will just refine the proposition with my own receipt and try to get some money out of it.

Its a good experience and I will tweak it until I get the results I want or move on to another concept.

thanks

I do believe videos are the way to go ;)

mrhahn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 21, 2011
San Diego
There are definitely a ton of sites like these that make money on ads, clicks, etc. I say go for it just for the experience it will teach you, as biophase has listed, but be prepared to put the work in.

I see the two keys being consistent content and virality. Post links to your site on digg, reddit, etc. And when you get traffic from those sites, be sure to have enough content to keep them coming back for more.

I would have loved to do this back in high school. Now I just don't have time to be checking out the latest internet memes and viral videos all day.

dubaismartmoney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Nov 28, 2011
back in High School there wasnt internet in my country looool

But I did enjoyed my share of biz back then selling stuff to people on the school , it was a good school, the one with hard knocks, but I did enjoyed selling stuff to the kids.

I will put some work, no pain no gain ;)

Its a good experience and plus I think u guys dont have a clue on the profit of this websites with videos :)

Some millionaires are made everyday

AnthonyKrese

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
May 10, 2011
Blah, blah, blah, blah, LOL.

OK, here's a better approach. Pick one topic. Make sure this topic
is profitable. Let's use "Golf Swing" as our example, as it's a profitable topic. How do you know? There are products about improving your golf swing.

Use Google's Keyword tool to make sure people are searching for "golf swing videos".

Create site with only golf swing videos. You upload one to your website a day (from places like YouTube). Your "job" is to curate / aggregate / categorize the videos. You can even start a little community around the topic if you like. (That's the value for your viewers...you're a kind of editor, if you will). You become an affiliate for "How to Improve Your Golf Swing" products.

You're going to have to do some SEO work (or pay to have it done) to get your site to rank high for
"blah blah videos".

Wanna get crazy? Once you start making money, pay an expert to create a training video / book / course for you. Now you're not an affiliate but a product owner. You stop promoting products as an affiliate and promote your own. You get 100 percent of the profits.

There are lots of variations on this idea. It works. I got a 35 dollar commission alert, when I woke up this morning, to prove it :)

Note: Golf Swing is probably insanely competitive, start looking at your hobbies and things you are interested in. BUT remember, no product, no go. You have to be able to sell something. Don't just put advertising on your site. The amount of views you'd need to get to make any substantial money is ridiculous.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I offer cool videos to the audience and in return i get some money for the trafic with google and youtube.

Wow, it is that simple huh?

You plan on launching a website (that is already being done 1000X over) with no distinct brand, no distinct revenue model, no distinct advantage, no distinct nothing, and the money is just gonna start rolling in?

My advise... get more focused.

Right now I'd say his focus is clear: To make (chase) money. (Value? Branding? Process? Ehhh, forget that.)

I apologize but some of these threads are totally disrespectful to what a Fastlane represents so in reflection, I show disrespect as my tolerance is being tested.

I see ideas. I see money chasers. I see very few people focused on value. I see very few people who are willing to sacrifice and commit.

Create site with only golf swing videos. You upload one to your website a day (from places like YouTube). Your "job" is to curate / aggregate / categorize the videos. You can even start a little community around the topic if you like. (That's the value for your viewers...you're a kind of editor, if you will). You become an affiliate for "How to Improve Your Golf Swing" products.

Here is someone that knows how to make money versus TALKING about it -- money which was received via creating value. This stuff is gold-- it discusses EXECUTION and VALUE.

I hate to stomp on people's dreams but sometimes a tough-love gut-check, "come to Jesus" talk is needed. Starting a business (Fastlane or not) is hard work and when you fail the basics of business, the task is even harder.

My advice for you is to learn a few more things about business, and the velocity of money, then shuffle your cards and start with a new hand.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.