The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Make People Think You're Rich!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
OK, I laughed until I cried. A "How To" guide for $30K millionaires.

But I share it b/c there is lots of great insight in here, too:

(Warning for those w/kids: Language/content rated PG)

[video=youtube;p_JgqPl52hA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_JgqPl52hA&feature=related[/video]

-Russ H.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ha funny, even legendary. :urock2:

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Lolololol!

#ballin!

Lolololol!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
She's hilarious and damn smart. Satire is simply a way of telling reality.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I am going to work on making people think I am poor...

I've been doing that for years.

It's kinda fun. I haven't taken it to the "he looks like a homeless man" level yet, but those who have seen me at B&Ps will attest to the fact that one Hermes scarf would pay for most of my clothes . . . :banana:

-Russ H.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I am going to work on making people think I am poor...

We should try this at the B&P. See who can look the most poorest. I'm sure the hotel will wonder who the heck is at this meeting.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
We should try this at the B&P. See who can look the most poorest. I'm sure the hotel will wonder who the heck is at this meeting.

It's funny, I was thinking about this thread yesterday as I was sitting at a bar at a pretty nice restaurant, It keeps raining here, so I have not washed the Bentley in a month, I have not shaved in probably that long so I have facial hair going everywhere, Hair cut same thing. To add to that I was not really dressed well.

So I mentioned to my friends that I am trying to look poorer..

My friends basically all agreed that it is not working, cause now I just look like a rich eccentric guy..

So me acting poorer is not working..

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
It's funny, I was thinking about this thread yesterday as I was sitting at a bar at a pretty nice restaurant, It keeps raining here, so I have not washed the Bentley in a month, I have not shaved in probably that long so I have facial hair going everywhere, Hair cut same thing. To add to that I was not really dressed well.

So I mentioned to my friends that I am trying to look poorer..

My friends basically all agreed that it is not working, cause now I just look like a rich eccentric guy..

So me acting poorer is not working..

You need to not show up in a Bentley in order for the scruffy look to make you look poorer.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
I'm sure all you entrepreneurs are intelligent enough to solve the problem of trying to look poorer.

If a Slowlane marketer can sell the image of being a Fastlaner, I'm sure that a Fastlaner can sell the image of being a Slowlaner.

I have faith ;)

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Well the only other car I drive is the f430..... Think that might work?

Only if it's built on a Fiero chassis and has gobs of black smoke billowing out the back.

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Hey Jack, I just had a brainstorm:

There has gotta be a LOT of cheap Chrysler cast-off emblems from all those guys who are trying to make their 300s look like Bentleys.

Soooo . . .

Why not take all of the decals/emblems/etc off your Bentley, and put on Chrysler stuff? Change out the grill and make it look like a $15K car instead of one that goes for $200K.

Hey, it's bound to get the car geeks talking, but better yet-- more folks will just ignore you.

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

Made me laugh out loud. :smilielol:

But the key to this would be walking out to all of the exotic cars in the parking lot, and driving off in them.

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
wait just a second....You're not homeless?

For you, Bobby boy, yes, I am homeless.

Who else do ya know that has 7 houses with 37 bedrooms? :smxF:

(33 fireplaces, 8 kitchens, 38 bathrooms . . . )

-Russ H.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

3 years ago I went on a 4 week motorcycle trip riding from NC up the east coast through the mountains on trails, dirt roads and mountain roads. I was riding my dual sport with camping gear along the way.

For the first couple of days I camped. On the 4th day I met some friends in NYC for an evening of debauchery.

I pulled up at my hotel - Crowne Plaza in Times Square. Not super extravagant but still around $300/night.

I was on my dual sport covered in mud in my riding gear, also covered in mud with the saddlebags on the bike. Crown Plaza Hotel is valet only so I pulled up to the valet and got off my bike, pulled off my helmet and gloves.

The valet approached me and asked, "Can I help you?" I said, "Yeah, park my bike."

He asked if I was at the right hotel. bwahahahaha.

I said I was and he told me they didn't valet motorcycles. I asked why not and he said that they only had parking spaces for cars.

I told him I was certain I could fit my motorcycle into a parking spot designed for a car. He said that he didn't offer that because he assumed I wouldn't be willing to pay the $25/day for parking.

I looked him in the eye and said, "If I am paying a F*cking $300/night for a hotel room, I can damn sure afford the $25/day for parking."

He went to get his manager and they said they would park my bike. BTW, this process so far was about 20 minutes.

I told him, "You aren't parking my bike now, I don't trust you. I will park the damn thing myself and you can walk through the garage to show me my parking space."

It was almost as fun walking into the lobby of the Crowne Plaza with motocross boots and riding gear covered in mud.

nipsid

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Jan 6, 2008
Phoenix
Hey Jack, I just had a brainstorm:

There has gotta be a LOT of cheap Chrysler cast-off emblems from all those guys who are trying to make their 300s look like Bentleys.

Soooo . . .

Why not take all of the decals/emblems/etc off your Bentley, and put on Chrysler stuff? Change out the grill and make it look like a $15K car instead of one that goes for $200K.

Hey, it's bound to get the car geeks talking, but better yet-- more folks will just ignore you.

-Russ H.
Someone had the same idea.

283-450x-bentley_3.jpg

bentley_1.jpg

contiimg_0007_250.jpg

Apparently he lost a bet lol.
Cruel, sick joke: Bentley Continental badged as a Hyundai

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
Years ago in the early 90's some schmo badged his rx7 convertible as a ferrari. Dumb people were ooohing and ahhhing.

Ha, if Hyundai keeps it up, people might be wanting to be putting their badges on other cars ;)

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.