The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lost in all the things I need to know

ianaav

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 8, 2017
UAE
Hello everyone,

Nice to be part of the forum now, I have read the book and I am finally launching my business.
Perhaps not considered fastlane but I am starting with a skincare product, to expand into a full line, then eventually sell the business.

My product is currently being manufactured, and the launch is planned in Q1 2018. (just as an example similar strategy to balibody or sandskyus mask) Majority are guys here so you probably don't know :)

I am not a marketing wiz and have been trying to understand the best course of action. The product will be advertised heavily on social media and I am learning that there are many aspects to it!

Anyone experienced with physical product launches, are there any courses you recommend?
Would you recommend to hire an agency?? i have been quoted anything like 5-15k per month (for a similar product and campaigns like balibody)
Or to save time pay a coach? there's so many out there and i don't trust their knowledge.

I am quite creative and willing to learn, while i would be good at content and instagram, i don't think i want to get into SEO or complex funnels. Would appreciate your advice, what to outsource, to do on my own, or who can help (ill pay of course) Many thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Hello everyone,

Nice to be part of the forum now, I have read the book and I am finally launching my business.
Perhaps not considered fastlane but I am starting with a skincare product, to expand into a full line, then eventually sell the business.

My product is currently being manufactured, and the launch is planned in Q1 2018. (just as an example similar strategy to balibody or sandskyus mask) Majority are guys here so you probably don't know :)

I am not a marketing wiz and have been trying to understand the best course of action. The product will be advertised heavily on social media and I am learning that there are many aspects to it!

Anyone experienced with physical product launches, are there any courses you recommend?
Would you recommend to hire an agency?? i have been quoted anything like 5-15k per month (for a similar product and campaigns like balibody)
Or to save time pay a coach? there's so many out there and i don't trust their knowledge.

I am quite creative and willing to learn, while i would be good at content and instagram, i don't think i want to get into SEO or complex funnels. Would appreciate your advice, what to outsource, to do on my own, or who can help (ill pay of course) Many thanks!
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here.

I wouldn't hire a coach, buy courses or hire an agency. I would buy the books this forum is built around, read them, devour them. Read all the Gold, Notable and Progress Threads relating to ecommerce and physical products.

In the meantime, identify all the social media influencers in your space. Put them in a spreadsheet. Follow them and engage with them. Then when you have product in hand offer to send it to them to review. Lots of free info out there on influencer marketing.

Books: Don't Just Build a Business... Build A Life!

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Allen here really knows what he's talking about launching products in that space -- I'd listen!

Beyond that my question would be have you created a list of resources you have available to you?

What kind of cash reserves do you have?
Who are your major contacts in that industry?
Who do you know already sells to your customer?
What connections can you leverage?
Is there a distributor you can link up with?
What knowledge do you have no one else does?
What unique properties do your products have that others don't?

Not to say you must have any of these -- but it'd be nice to have a true inventory of what you have.

The goal is to squeeze out everything you can with everything you've got.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.