Change
New Contributor
- Joined
- Mar 15, 2015
- Messages
- 29
Rep Bank
$245
$245
User Power: 86%
Hello everyone...
You have all probably read my publishing thread "Change made 500,000 sales" or something like that...and people think its preposterous...I need to "grow up?"
I will be 24 years old in May and will graduate with a bachelors degree in accounting...EVEN AS I will despise working for someone else.
I know my life isn't where it should be, and I know where I want it to be, but I'm lost. Publishing...sounds great to sell all those books but can I really do it? I think it takes longer than the normal business-transaction-length as well.
I was wondering if it were possible to receive some guidance? I have read the millionaire fastlane , have interests in importing/exporting (but I don't want to import or export things that aren't going to lead to a few thousand dollars in profits per deal). I have interests in membership sites- but that is going to take a much longer time to start up again.
I have tried ecommerce sites- I'd develop the site, choose the product etc and it would just stall there. I'd be stuck as to where to go next and a year later when its time to renew the domain I just let it die off (I've done this on multiple occassions).
I'm not great at any 1 thing (I don't think), but I know a good deal about a lot (which isn't really helping me)...but I SURELY DO NOT KNOW what I need to know to actually succeed.
I want to get something rolling, so when May 15 comes around and I'm handed that Diploma, I don't have to get a job, I can just continue with my new business that I hope I start as a result of the help/information/direction you all here are giving.
I'm incredibly lost. I thought publishing would be my ticket, and at 8,000 words :/ I've got a long way to go, I can't keep up with 2k words a day and I'm ashamed of myself for it. I'll still write that book and do what I wanted with it but.... that isn't going to help my current situation.
To get to the point
I'm lost.
I want to do something where I would
1. Sell something through a eCommerce site.
2. Import/export goods.
3. Can't be publishing as the results of having some income coming in monthly by May isn't probable at the rate of my writing.
My goal is to make $ 1,000 a week profit.
I must make $ 4k a month profit, in order to not be "forced" to get a job by domineering family (father), who won't let me move out (let alone, I have $ 0.00 in my bank account and credit cards that need to get paid) so moving out is not even an option. I'm single- I "suck at life" is what my sister would say- I kind of agree.
I must be making 4k minimum a month by the time I get handed my accounting diploma on May 15th or I'm a DEAD MAN...I mean, might as well just kill myself because I think I'd be an incredible failure at everything.
I'm at a very bad financial position. I obviously can't think straight with goal setting as per my publishing thread.
I need to be realistic.
I WILL NOT SLEEP
I WILL NOT EAT
I WILL NOT DRINK
I WILL NOT PEE
IF I CANNOT FIND A WAY TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN- AND IF I AM TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN.
I sound so pathetic, but dam. I need to change.
Any help/comments/anything I AM ALL EARS. I will do ANYTHING, EVERYTHING as long as it does not involved getting a "job," in order to meet my goals.
I have exactly 53 days from today to make it happen.
Hope I can get some help.
You have all probably read my publishing thread "Change made 500,000 sales" or something like that...and people think its preposterous...I need to "grow up?"
I will be 24 years old in May and will graduate with a bachelors degree in accounting...EVEN AS I will despise working for someone else.
I know my life isn't where it should be, and I know where I want it to be, but I'm lost. Publishing...sounds great to sell all those books but can I really do it? I think it takes longer than the normal business-transaction-length as well.
I was wondering if it were possible to receive some guidance? I have read the millionaire fastlane , have interests in importing/exporting (but I don't want to import or export things that aren't going to lead to a few thousand dollars in profits per deal). I have interests in membership sites- but that is going to take a much longer time to start up again.
I have tried ecommerce sites- I'd develop the site, choose the product etc and it would just stall there. I'd be stuck as to where to go next and a year later when its time to renew the domain I just let it die off (I've done this on multiple occassions).
I'm not great at any 1 thing (I don't think), but I know a good deal about a lot (which isn't really helping me)...but I SURELY DO NOT KNOW what I need to know to actually succeed.
I want to get something rolling, so when May 15 comes around and I'm handed that Diploma, I don't have to get a job, I can just continue with my new business that I hope I start as a result of the help/information/direction you all here are giving.
I'm incredibly lost. I thought publishing would be my ticket, and at 8,000 words :/ I've got a long way to go, I can't keep up with 2k words a day and I'm ashamed of myself for it. I'll still write that book and do what I wanted with it but.... that isn't going to help my current situation.
To get to the point
I'm lost.
I want to do something where I would
1. Sell something through a eCommerce site.
2. Import/export goods.
3. Can't be publishing as the results of having some income coming in monthly by May isn't probable at the rate of my writing.
My goal is to make $ 1,000 a week profit.
I must make $ 4k a month profit, in order to not be "forced" to get a job by domineering family (father), who won't let me move out (let alone, I have $ 0.00 in my bank account and credit cards that need to get paid) so moving out is not even an option. I'm single- I "suck at life" is what my sister would say- I kind of agree.
I must be making 4k minimum a month by the time I get handed my accounting diploma on May 15th or I'm a DEAD MAN...I mean, might as well just kill myself because I think I'd be an incredible failure at everything.
I'm at a very bad financial position. I obviously can't think straight with goal setting as per my publishing thread.
I need to be realistic.
I WILL NOT SLEEP
I WILL NOT EAT
I WILL NOT DRINK
I WILL NOT PEE
IF I CANNOT FIND A WAY TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN- AND IF I AM TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN.
I sound so pathetic, but dam. I need to change.
Any help/comments/anything I AM ALL EARS. I will do ANYTHING, EVERYTHING as long as it does not involved getting a "job," in order to meet my goals.
I have exactly 53 days from today to make it happen.
Hope I can get some help.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
