The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lose some weight now &!tch

Anything related to matters of the mind

jganz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jan 11, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
sorry.. just wanted to get the headline started..

this is kinda therapeutic for me.. you can charge me 80 per hour later

my GOAL...

lets step back for a sec.. i am 40.. i weigh 250.. hold on let me hit the scale..256.3 im already a liar..(arent we all)

i 'think' i have controlled my business decisions.. obviously my health decisions are not as good...

this is what i want to do.. I WILL get to 200 pounds.. is that healthy.. i dunno.. but i know 250 isnt..
sorry.. im scattered..

im 250.. my waist is 40 inches.. im 6'1"

this would be a body reduction of almost 22%

i have lost weight before.. . what i did... 6 meals a day.. raise the metabolism.. it is a miracle worker..

I HAVE NOT HONESTLY DECIDED TO DO THIS

thats pretty honest.. easy to lose weight.. when u decide to only eat grapefruit..

i will c where this leads me.. i want to lose it but i am still struggling with the decision to do so.. ill keep u updated..

is it healthy.. i dunno.. will i feel better.. you can count on it

if you would like to join my journey.. pls post and tell me where your at..

22% is a lot ( i think so anyway) ill take that for a decent return

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
Great topic.

Like you, my personal health has moved to the forefront of my priorities in life right now.

I'm 34 years old and weigh 225 pounds, but carry it on a 5'9" frame (kudos to you, by the way, for making it to 6'1"....).

I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol.

I have lost weight in the past. I was down to 191 pounds 2 and a half years ago. But I gained it all back in 6 months time. I tried to lose weight for my wedding this past September. I got down to 206 pounds in June, but by the time the wedding rolled around, I was back to 225lbs!!!

My goal is to weigh between 165 and 175 pounds ... for LIFE! I believe I would fix the cholesterol issue and likely the blood pressure issue, as well, if I hit that weight and stayed at it.

I just can't commit to it. I don't know what the issue is that makes me "fall off the wagon" all the time, but I inevitably do. Some day, I'll start my own weight loss progress thread.

Good luck with your goals and your health. I wish you nothing but success on your quest. Keep us updated!

Andy

ramy98

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Sep 1, 2007
Florida
I agree; health is very important. I have been neglecting my body too... It isnt worth it really... Even if you have lots of $$$ you may die due to a heart attack! before you can spend it + speed for the post; I would think it would be equally important to keep your self in good shape mentally aswell; the current business environment is brutal.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
First, avoid diets.

Diets are temporary.

You need a lifestyle change. In fact, the Fastlane is like health -- it isn't something you can do on a Wednesday night ... it is a LIFESTYLE which is a series of committed choices that form habit.

For the last 3 years I've had doctors try to prescribe me cholesterol medication -- I refused each time knowing that the drug addresses symptoms, not problems. The problem is diet.

I eliminated Coke (High Fructose Corn Syrup) a lot of red meat and bad carbs. Instead of snacking on chips I snack on celery sticks. I increased my fiber intake and slowly my cholesterol started to go down. Fiber is a natural enemy to cholesterol.

I believe most of our health problems are caused by a poor diet which then enforces a sedentary lifestyle. If you can change the diet, you can change a lot of other things, including disease and dysfunction.

The way I see it is this ...You have a choice:

1) Change your lifestyle so health is a priority and a way of being

or

2) Adopt the "easy" symptom fixes ... drugs, diets, and only mask the underlying problems.

Remember, you didn't choose to be 250 pounds ... that happened because of your LIFESTYLE -- hundreds of choices that formed habit ... to change lifestyle you must change habit and to change habit, you have to start with one choice, then two, then three, ....

I've also struggled with Gout as a result of "good eating" and that too has been helped with changes to diet. I'm always amazed at the grocery store at the person's food on the conveyor belt at checkout ... ice cream, coke, cookies, potato chips, ground beef ... I look and I see an obese person, I look at my belt and it has mushrooms, onions, green peppers, apples, chicken, peas, corn, bran cereal .... it explains why that person is obese and I am not.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
The key to success in any area is consistency (which Lord knows is much easier siad than done!) Like MJ said, you change your lifestyle you change your life.

I'd also like to add that the "verbal flogging" that you are doing to yourself ("Lose some weight now &!tch") isn't helpful. It may motivate you in the short term because you are fed up, but long term you need to value yourself to the point where you care enough about yourself to eat healthy.

Making a change in lifestyle for the positive is more of a reclaimation of your life. Choose to start now. Take one action now that moves you closer to the person you want to be. Maybe that's going for a 20 minute walk. Maybe that's stopping what you are doing right now and doing 25 jumping jacks. Maybe it's throwing out all the junk food in your house. While you are doing this, consider making a list of the "why" your weight and health matters.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Besides wanting to lose weight, I think you should find something active that you like doing. Losing weight just to step on the scale and look in the mirror is not as fun or as motivating as having performance goal. Join a race or sign up for some sort of training school.

Here are examples of what motivated me:

Mountain biking - Every year I go to Colorado in July with a bunch of guys. Each of us trains beginning in April because nobody wants to be the out of shape guy who slows the whole group down. Peer pressure to not be last drives us.

Golf - My friend bought a radar thing that measures your club head speed. I think I'm pretty strong but sadly my driver club head speed is around 85mph and everyone else was 90 to 100+. I think it's due to lack of flexibility. So now I go to yoga and pilates class 3x a week.

Last year I joined a MMA school with RealOG. I would recommend trying something like this because in addition to learning some great skills, it's a great workout and can be measured by performance. You can feel yourself getting in better shape and you can see it when you are no longer winded after 3 minutes or you don't get you butt kicked anymore.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I think the most important part of making any lifestyle change is to first have a valid reason why.

i.e. -- your children, your family, etc...

I was watching Biggest Loser a couple weeks ago, and when one guy kept stopping on the treadmill, the personal trainer told him -- "Every time you stop, you know what I see? A dead Father!" -- You better believe that got him motivated to get his fat a$$ back on that treadmill! haha :)

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.