The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking to learn

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hey Everyone, my name is Alex, I`m from Bulgaria, 30 years old.
Currently I`m a Software Engineer trying to unscript.

Many reasons have brought me here.
I want to be less selfish and be more aware of the wants and needs of others.
Whatever time I have left I would like to spend it doing what I want.
More time with my family, create, invent, build, travel, and more.
I realize now (after reading Unscripted ) that I`ve been going about it the wrong way, only thinking of myself and my goals while ignoring others.
As a result, multiple failures...
So, looking to learn how to be less selfish.

I hope to find likeminded people here.
People who can see through the mass media delusion, who understand what money is, who are creative and never dismiss a genuine conversation about an idea, a concept or a philosophy.
People who care about what is true and what not, what is valuable and what not.
People who are interested in leaving something behind which will survive after they are dead.

I`m sure I`ll have many questions which will transform into forum posts in time, but right now I have one:

How do I tell if I`m providing ACTUAL actual value?
For example, products like anabolic steroids are harmful to the body.
Lets say I have a business selling very high quality anabolic steroids, my stuff is just the best out there.
People are recomending me left and right and sales are easy.
In this case the perceived value matches the actual value.
People come in wanting to buy best quality, I provide it, everybody is happy.

This however bothers me.
I dont want to sell and/or do something ultimately harmful.
How do I tell if my business has a net-positive impact on society?

Thats it from me for now, nice being here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome aboard Alex from Bulgaria!

Your question seems odd. If people are paying you money, and the product isn't destroying their lives, then it's a safe bet that you're having a net positive impact. Just avoid stuff that is gray or black market and you should be fine.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
A good question for which there may be no clear answer. It is easy to recognize some products/services that are net negative to society; illegal drugs, tainted food, etc. Good and decent humans will try to evaluate the societal impact of their product/service before they offer it - within the bounds of their social framework. Our rights/wrongs are not common around the world. I consider my 25 years in the Navy very valuable because it opened my eyes to the world. I try to not only view things from my "U.S." perspective. Sorry, I got a little off topic.

The best you can do is be honest to yourself. If you have to worry that someone is going come looking for you because you harmed them, I'd say don't offer that product. If you find that a product you are selling is later found to be dangerous, stop selling it.

mdmetelus

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 15, 2019
Queens, New York
If you asked yourself that questions, you're an unlikely person to offer harmful products and services to the market. Just listen to you gut, you'll know if you are on the right track or not(You don't seem like the kind of person who's conscience would let them off the hook or doing evil). Stick to products and services that help people, that you can profit from, and increase your passion level.

Besides, Guns and knives don't kill people. People kill people. You don't need to take responsibility for the actions of other adults, so long as you're creating quality and helpful products.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Hello and welcome Alex. Your first post shows a good attitude to balancing profits V benefit or harm.

With your attitude I am sure that once you find a real need you will do the right thing. I hope you soon find your niche where you can provide real value for your customers.

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...