The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking To Join The FASTLANE

13retonnian

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 13, 2023
I'm a 35 year old computer science guy with a couple degree pieces of paper and I'm currently unemployed and am working on creating a fastlane business.
I can see a BIG need for therapy and self-esteem in our society and I want to solve it.
I started a website: psychologicalselfimprovement.com .
I really want to turn it into a FASTLANE business.
I think it makes CENTS.
Would appreciate it if you guys could check it out and let me know what you think, I added a survey at the bottom of the site.
Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

larryous

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Apr 12, 2021
I'm a 35 year old computer science guy with a couple degree pieces of paper and I'm currently unemployed and am working on creating a fastlane business.
I can see a BIG need for therapy and self-esteem in our society and I want to solve it.
I think it makes CENTS.
Would appreciate it if you guys could check it out and let me know what you think, I added a survey at the bottom of the site.
Thanks!
It's great that you want to offer a solution to a problem you're seeing. However, here's a quick opinion of briefly visiting your site:

Your colors, images, and font all seem very busy and tight. The formatting can use more empty space, better spacing and simpler fonts. The homepage also doesn't identify what your website or service is. Why did you make the website? What is someone supposed to use your website for? What does each clump of buttons do for your visitor?

Also, if you have a specific issue you're trying to solve, I would recommend you spend some time trying to find the kind of person that needs the help you're offering. What kind of person has the therapy/self-esteem problem you've identified? You should be able to describe this person with some demographic information. And even if you can't get too specific, you should then find some of these people and talk to them. See how they're feeling and what they wish could be done about the problem they have. And based on what they wish they had, that's what you build on your website.

It will save you time from building a website thinking people will know how to use it and want to use it when in actuality they wanted to do something different about the problem you're thinking of.

I hope this offers a little assistance.

13retonnian

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 13, 2023
It's great that you want to offer a solution to a problem you're seeing. However, here's a quick opinion of briefly visiting your site:

Your colors, images, and font all seem very busy and tight. The formatting can use more empty space, better spacing and simpler fonts. The homepage also doesn't identify what your website or service is. Why did you make the website? What is someone supposed to use your website for? What does each clump of buttons do for your visitor?

Also, if you have a specific issue you're trying to solve, I would recommend you spend some time trying to find the kind of person that needs the help you're offering. What kind of person has the therapy/self-esteem problem you've identified? You should be able to describe this person with some demographic information. And even if you can't get too specific, you should then find some of these people and talk to them. See how they're feeling and what they wish could be done about the problem they have. And based on what they wish they had, that's what you build on your website.

It will save you time from building a website thinking people will know how to use it and want to use it when in actuality they wanted to do something different about the problem you're thinking of.

Great feedback thanks so much!

13retonnian

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 13, 2023

I've made an opening blurb, let me know what you think:

Society is collapsing.

War is spreading.

Propaganda and lies are being distributed at an unprecedented rate.

More people are taking attention deficit drugs than ever before.

There are more people with life destroying addictions than ever before.

Anti-depressant usage is at its highest level.

Crime is increasing.

Society is becoming more separated by ideological beliefs than ever before.

The cost of living is increasing rapidly.

People are becoming more isolated than ever before.

Mental illness is higher than it has ever been.

All of this is happening at a time when industrialization and technology are making earning a living more complicated and daunting than ever before.

We are in a mental health epidemic at a time when mental health is needed the most.

This is why I have chosen to make Psychological Self-Improvement.

This is a website that provides applications that will help a person to improve their psychological health and self-esteem.

These applications are made using proven methods prescribed by the greatest psychologists that have ever lived including Nathaniel Branden and Pastor Norman Vincent Peale.

These applications are quick and easy to use so even the most busy and unfocused person can use them.

Please go to psychologicalselfimprovement.com to try out this software.

Please consider donating and sharing this content to help improve the psychological well-being of the world.

larryous

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Apr 12, 2021
More people are taking attention deficit drugs than ever before.
Anti-depressant usage is at its highest level.
People are becoming more isolated than ever before.

We are in a mental health epidemic at a time when mental health is needed the most.

This is a website that provides applications that will help a person to improve their psychological health and self-esteem.

These applications are quick and easy to use so even the most busy and unfocused person can use them.
To be honest, felt long-winded.
I plucked out the points that sound most relevant to the service you're trying to offer.

Maybe you can elaborate on how these applications are supposed to help.

Also, I understand the Donate button is a call to action in hopes of producing some kind of revenue but at your current stage, it may be a distraction or leave the wrong impression. You're still trying to figure out your product. Until you can refine your service, monetization should be your last concern. Offer value to your targetted demographic first, and in turn, you will be rewarded.

13retonnian

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 13, 2023
To be honest, felt long-winded.
I plucked out the points that sound most relevant to the service you're trying to offer.

Maybe you can elaborate on how these applications are supposed to help.

Also, I understand the Donate button is a call to action in hopes of producing some kind of revenue but at your current stage, it may be a distraction or leave the wrong impression. You're still trying to figure out your product. Until you can refine your service, monetization should be your last concern. Offer value to your targetted demographic first, and in turn, you will be rewarded.
frig, alright thanks for the feedback.

Cyns

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 14, 2023
I think it makes CENTS.
Thanks!

I would suggest changing the design of your home/landing page.
Choose a lighter background.
Use less strong colors and only use 3 colors maximum (1 strong color + 2 light colors), it'll be less aggressive to the eye and it'll give a less messy presentation of your website.
Choose more welcoming and softer fonts too.

Also, your homepage doesn't tell us who your target audience is and what is the purpose of your website (except the website's name). Who do you want to target? What do you want to achieve with your website? It can be a simple paragraph along the lines: "Are you in a journey where you're trying to change your mindset and improve yourself? Do you want to feel better about yourself? Do you want to become a better parent for your childs? In this blog, I'm teaching people how they can transform their lives." This is very basic and general, it can be improved.

Also, maybe you should think about adding value to your offer. I would suggest adding pages where you actually explain to people how they can change their lives. For example the "assertiveness" topic: once people finish the exercize, you could direct them to a post where you talk about what assertiveness is, how to develop it and how they can use it to change their lives. You can even create videos that you link to your pages etc. The possibilities are endless.

Overall I really like the idea of your website and I love how interactive it is. But it doesn't really bring value to people, the homepage has no text that grabs the visitor's attention and the design can be improved because that's the first thing people will see.

Wish you the best!

Last edited:

13retonnian

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 13, 2023
I would suggest changing the design of your home/landing page.
Choose a lighter background.
Use less strong colors and only use 3 colors maximum (1 strong color + 2 light colors), it'll be less aggressive to the eye and it'll give a less messy presentation of your website.
Choose more welcoming and softer fonts too.

Also, your homepage doesn't tell us who your target audience is and what is the purpose of your website (except the website's name). Who do you want to target? What do you want to achieve with your website? It can be a simple paragraph along the lines: "Are you in a journey where you're trying to change your mindset and improve yourself? Do you want to feel better about yourself? Do you want to become a better parent for your childs? In this blog, I'm teaching people how they can transform their lives." This is very basic and general, it can be improved.

Also, maybe you should think about adding value to your offer. I would suggest adding pages where you actually explain to people how they can change their lives. For example the "assertiveness" topic: once people finish the exercize, you could direct them to a post where you talk about what assertiveness is, how to develop it and how they can use it to change their lives. You can even create videos that you link to your pages etc. The possibilities are endless.

Overall I really like the idea of your website and I love how interactive it is. But it doesn't really bring value to people, the homepage has no text that grabs the visitor's attention and the design can be improved because that's the first thing people will see.

Wish you the best!
Good feedback, thanks so much!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.