The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking forward to being part of the crew!

Micahbiz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 12, 2018
Arizona
Hey everyone! I thought I created an introductory post before but I guess not, anyway I look forward to learning and contributing. I'm currently reading TMFL! I stumbled upon this website and was immediately hooked, so much great content and wisdom here. A little about me: I'm a 20 year old college student, engineering major, I love building and design. Until recently I never thought I could make money from my DIY projects, however, after seeing tons of people do it on youtube I decided I'd try my hand at it so thats my current endeavor. In the past I worked for my moms company - it was an Amazon FBA business. The company grew substantially over about 5 years - the best year she did over 6 million in sales, however, after some horrible life drama and not the greatest business decisions she had to file for bankruptcy. After that I decided to try my hand at social media marketing after seeing Tai Lopez's course. I learned a great deal from it, however, I just didn't enjoy the business model or the work really.

Soon after I also tried Shopify and did about $1000 in sales the first week of my launch - about $220 was left over for profit. Now, the gurus said that I shouldn't make money on the front end and most should come from my email list. Thats sounds like a bad model IMO, I wanted to make more than 20% on the front end. Anyway, I ran into the same trouble a lot of people do with Shopify and had supplier issues. I stopped selling soon after to try and fix the problem but I couldn't find another supplier with this product that could dropship. I'm currently considering ordering them in bulk and doing in house fulfillment since my launch went so well but I haven't decided - probably my issue of committing to something long term since I get bored, lazy and want to try other things. I digress, If anyone needs any advice or opinions I'd gladly help even though my knowledge is still limited! I'll do what I can.

Also, if anyone has ANY ideas on how I can quit working a normal job right now I'd be so grateful. I just relocated to AZ and filled out over 60 applications for jobs I hate and only got 3 interviews. My options are limited too because 1.) I'm a college student and 2.) I'm honest in the interviews that I don't want to spend my life at these garbage companies. My resources are limited right now but I have some ideas for once I get capital. What can I do in the mean time? So far, start on fiver gigs, craigslist gigs, Ubereats, get my car wrapped for $100-$200 a month for advertising.

Thanks Guys, see ya around!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...