The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for clients

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Mohammed ED-DAHB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 11, 2020
Morocco
I recently learned web developement i'm looking to start as a freelancer, and working local is not an option. Do you have any strategies on how to find clients? And are platforms like upwork still valid options(i have neither portfolio nor a degree).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mohammed ED-DAHB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 11, 2020
Morocco
Do free work for anyone in your personal network. Why is local not an option?
My personal network consists of people who don't even know what entrepreneurship means, let alone wanting a website. Business owners are very rare around here. Also, no one uses internet to actually search for a product or a service, they rely 95% on word of mouth.(i'm in 3rd world country).

Gabbe18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 16, 2020
Sweden
Think about businesses you use regularly that might be interested in a new website. For example plumber, landscaper, businesses you pass when going to work or shopping.

Alternatively, identify an area within web development you know a lot about or a process that has worked for you in the past. Write a really valuable post about it on Reddit or any other forum. Don't include any links or promotions of your services. Just a really valuable post. Respond to all questions in the comments and if the post is good enough, you might get some clients that way. If you don't get a client you might expand your network and get some great connections that could be beneficial in the future. I have done this in the past and it has worked great for me.

Djioul

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 12, 2021
France
I recently learned web developement i'm looking to start as a freelancer, and working local is not an option. Do you have any strategies on how to find clients? And are platforms like upwork still valid options(i have neither portfolio nor a degree).
Hey,

As you are web designer, maybe starting by making kind of an advertisment website to show your value and start by publishing high-value content on LinkedIn. The goal is to show your value (trends on web design, your journey as a Moroccan entrepreneur...) and get in touch with potential clients.

Mohammed ED-DAHB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 11, 2020
Morocco
Think about businesses you use regularly that might be interested in a new website. For example plumber, landscaper, businesses you pass when going to work or shopping.

Alternatively, identify an area within web development you know a lot about or a process that has worked for you in the past. Write a really valuable post about it on Reddit or any other forum. Don't include any links or promotions of your services. Just a really valuable post. Respond to all questions in the comments and if the post is good enough, you might get some clients that way. If you don't get a client you might expand your network and get some great connections that could be beneficial in the future. I have done this in the past and it has worked great for me.
Thanks a lot, I have never thought of that.

Mohammed ED-DAHB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 11, 2020
Morocco
Hey,

As you are web designer, maybe starting by making kind of an advertisment website to show your value and start by publishing high-value content on LinkedIn. The goal is to show your value (trends on web design, your journey as a Moroccan entrepreneur...) and get in touch with potential clients.
Yeah i had this idea before but i never thought it could really work.
Thanks

D

Deleted78083

Morocco isn't a 3rd world country, come on. And even if it was, it'd be better for you because it means you can build websites for all the people that don't have one yet, which is a lot of people.

My advice is to approach small or middle-sized businesses in tourism (cuz tourists probably use the internet much more than locals) that have a shitty website or none at all, and to help them with that. You can also help them with Fb and Google ads so that they attract more tourists.

BTW i don't know in which city you are, but there is a huuuggee need for hostels in Rabat. I had to do airbnb cuz the only hostel that was there sucked balls. Also we have in Europe this concept of "free tours", i didn't find anything like that when I visited your country (went to Tanger, Fez, and Rabat).

There is a lot of money to make in Morocco because there is a lot of stuff to build.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.