Hello everybody!
Let me put you in context.
I'm the co-founder (CTO) of a SaaS business that is slowly growing but is not making significant profits yet but has the potential to do so.
To give you an example, if I close a few more clients I'll be able to make ~$1k per month with the business. Which is pretty cool to me, because it will help to cover most of my monthly expenses.
Quitting is not an option yet. But I know that if I worked as a software developer for a company, I'd be able to make $5k or more on a monthly basis, which is an amazing salary for my location and would allow me to save a lot of money every month.
An option is to take a part-time job while I work on this, but I can't imagine putting 30 hours per week of work on another company on top of what I'm currently doing (which is a lot).
So yeah, I know this is not enough information for anybody to take a decision, but I wanted to know if anybody had a similar experience and took a decision. I also am very aware of the fact that this is what owning a business looks like, and there isn't much that you can do other than suck it up and work hard.
Thank you very much in advance!
Let me put you in context.
I'm the co-founder (CTO) of a SaaS business that is slowly growing but is not making significant profits yet but has the potential to do so.
To give you an example, if I close a few more clients I'll be able to make ~$1k per month with the business. Which is pretty cool to me, because it will help to cover most of my monthly expenses.
Quitting is not an option yet. But I know that if I worked as a software developer for a company, I'd be able to make $5k or more on a monthly basis, which is an amazing salary for my location and would allow me to save a lot of money every month.
An option is to take a part-time job while I work on this, but I can't imagine putting 30 hours per week of work on another company on top of what I'm currently doing (which is a lot).
So yeah, I know this is not enough information for anybody to take a decision, but I wanted to know if anybody had a similar experience and took a decision. I also am very aware of the fact that this is what owning a business looks like, and there isn't much that you can do other than suck it up and work hard.
Thank you very much in advance!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
