The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for a change

Matt Hunt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 9, 2019
Hey guys! Here's some basics of me... I'm a physician assistant right now, but I've grown really tired of the everyday grind. Reading the Fastlane has been a confirmation of everything I've been thinking! Trading 5 for 2 is awful! (and for me it's 5.5 for 1.5 half the time) To make matters worse, I still have $100k in student loan debt to pay off. Let me tell ya... going into the medical field is a terrible financial decision, in spite of the common belief that everyone working in medicine is rich! They aren't! They are likely Sidewalkers, and that's why they're perceived as being rich!

I've had a YouTube channel for about 2 years now, but consistently uploading for 1.5 years. This is with my passion of mountain biking, and while making the videos is fun, at this point I'm still not covering my expenses with the little revenue from adsense. It obviously takes more than just ad revenue to go full-time, but I don't even have enough subscribers to begin thinking about that, even with other income sources. I've definitely given some thought to how I can make this a Fastlane business, but I really think I need to change my focus to another topic, or a completely different type of business.

Doing the YouTube channel has resulted in an interest in filmmaking! I've given some thought to turning that into my career, doing things like weddings & luxury real estate, and eventually working with brands. Only problem I see is that is still trading time for money! I may be able to eventually develop an online filmmaking course (contemplating buying one myself right now), but wondering how saturated that market may be in a few years (there are TONS of filmmaking YouTubers right now). But maybe I'm being too negative in my thinking here?

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome! Looking forward to gaining a lot of valuable insight from this group!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Matt, appreciate the intro.

DougieFresh

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 25, 2023
NYC
Hey guys! Here's some basics of me... I'm a physician assistant right now, but I've grown really tired of the everyday grind. Reading the Fastlane has been a confirmation of everything I've been thinking! Trading 5 for 2 is awful! (and for me it's 5.5 for 1.5 half the time) To make matters worse, I still have $100k in student loan debt to pay off. Let me tell ya... going into the medical field is a terrible financial decision, in spite of the common belief that everyone working in medicine is rich! They aren't! They are likely Sidewalkers, and that's why they're perceived as being rich!

I've had a YouTube channel for about 2 years now, but consistently uploading for 1.5 years. This is with my passion of mountain biking, and while making the videos is fun, at this point I'm still not covering my expenses with the little revenue from adsense. It obviously takes more than just ad revenue to go full-time, but I don't even have enough subscribers to begin thinking about that, even with other income sources. I've definitely given some thought to how I can make this a Fastlane business, but I really think I need to change my focus to another topic, or a completely different type of business.

Doing the YouTube channel has resulted in an interest in filmmaking! I've given some thought to turning that into my career, doing things like weddings & luxury real estate, and eventually working with brands. Only problem I see is that is still trading time for money! I may be able to eventually develop an online filmmaking course (contemplating buying one myself right now), but wondering how saturated that market may be in a few years (there are TONS of filmmaking YouTubers right now). But maybe I'm being too negative in my thinking here?

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome! Looking forward to gaining a lot of valuable insight from this group!

Hey Matt,

Also a PA, It is a shame we were sold the slow laner's dream job at the bargain basement price of 100K+. Have you considered utilizing your skills to form a business?

lots of problems need solving in the health care industry.

FYI I realize this was posted pre-COVID, curious to know how that affected your decisions since.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...