The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Look what happens to non-monitered Forums

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
charity/suffering awareness -Popular Flying Copter Games Online-

Those poor games. :smxE: I wish there was a way I could help make a difference, but any money I donate will just go to the hosting company or, at best, only temporarily alleviate the suffering without fixing the problem.

But yeah... I'm lazy enough that I'd probably just have a one day long replacement for the forums. A nice little nuclear explosion animation, then start them all nice and clean. (With whatever posts that might have been worth saving, saved.) ... After deciding on moderation affairs.

The above isn't advice by any means, just a note.

A

Anon3587x

Did you check out the general discussion?
It has like 2,000 posts and the forum is at 3,000 members.

What's funny is just about every member is a bot spammer.

Halli

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jun 18, 2009
London,UK
wow,nothing but spam in the general discussion. I don't have it in me to check if this is a backlink worthy site.I don't want my links to be on this site.I saw this post there though "Cheap Las Vegas hotel coupons free". I guess you can't get them any cheaper than free :p

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
wow,nothing but spam in the general discussion. I don't have it in me to check if this is a backlink worthy site.I don't want my links to be on this site.I saw this post there though "Cheap Las Vegas hotel coupons free". I guess you can't get them any cheaper than free :p

Not so! You could get paid to go, that's cheaper than free!

A

Anon3587x

That is my forum! haha
I have not messed with it in a month or so and it shocked the hell out of me when I seen it had so many members.

there is almost always about 10 people on the site at a time.
Maybe I should add some adsense to it.
Spammer fastlane!

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
Actually Bat, I wonder if forums can be flagged as linkfarms...

A

Anon3587x

I've been thinking about putting the "no follow" command on all the posts there.

So the links do not count as a vote, but if the forum got to around 100,000+ posts which I'm sure it could in a year or so.
Maybe I'd get some organic traffic and some adsense money.

It's worth a shot lol, not like it takes to much time on my part.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If you let the forum go for a year of so, you will have compiled a huge database of spammers ... then perhaps, you can leverage this database into a tracking system and license it to people who need it. Opportunity?

I can't imagine how big this list would grow ... overnight, the spam plugin here captured and rejected over 20 spam registrants.

A

Anon3587x

PhxMJ
then perhaps, you can leverage this database into a tracking system and license it to people who need it. Opportunity?

You're right this is opportunity.

This is a good example of how powerful the internet is. I did not do to much, and the site nevertheless exploded. Over 20k members!

Last edited by a moderator:

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Hehe, people used to do this all the time... find the oldest forum software possible, let spammers go to town and build tiered links, park the page, profit.

A

Anon3587x

How are they profiting off of? just by allowing the spamed content to park with sponsored ads?

I slapped some sponsored ads up there just to see what happens.

It looks horrible the way I did it. But if anything I'll get impressions. Not like I'm dealing with professionals here though.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
No no, you're letting spammers spam the shit out of a domain... by natural course, tools like xrumer will build links to the last run, so you end up with tiered links, which will help your site rank.

You park the page. The ads pay you.

The site will taper off eventually. 301 the domain to a money site to keep using the juice.

This is not really a good strategy, just sounded familiar.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.