The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Human Longevity Breakthroughs, Resources, and Websites

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Two years ago I posted a lie in the biggest lie I ever believed most of my life thread.

My lie was: That death is certain.

Since then several members have messaged me for more information, and I've posted a few times about the possibilities the future holds and a little bit about current research. Now I think it's time for a thread that brings this to the forefront of some of the brightest minds of this generation and the next.

Most of you - in fact most of the world - has no idea where the human race stands in terms of defeating aging, debilitating diseases, and eventually death. So the purpose of this thread is to enlighten and inform about the Fastlane Scientists & Inventors who work from the shadows to solve a problem most people deny exists.

This thread isn't for personal beliefs. It isn't for politics. The only purpose is to share resources and websites relating to breakthrough longevity research & technology, and to bring you up to speed on what's been going on.

Let's start big...

Meet Dr. Bill Andrews - A Fastlane Research Scientist who has proven reverse aging, has successfully reversed age in mice, and as of August this year, says his company believes they'll completely stop/reverse aging in humans in one year (by 2016). Plus he found a Fastlane way to raise millions per month for research after his investors went broke...

People Unlimited Inc.

Meet Dr. Aubrey de Grey - A Fastlane Research Scientists who built a non-profit company called SENS Foundation that's raised hundreds of millions toward reverse aging research. Dr. de Grey has dedicated his life to solving the world's greatest problem. He's spoken numerous times for TED Talks and is one of the most interesting characters in longevity studies. Here's a video interview with Joe Rogan from earlier this year.

SENS Research Foundation

Meet Dr. Ray Kurzweil - A Fastlane Inventor and Director of Engineering at Google. Dr. Kurzweil invented numerous pieces of life-altering technology, and now he & Google are focused on achieving a concept called The Singularity. Dr. Kurzweil explains that technology is advancing faster and faster and leading to a state of exponential growth. At some point (currently predicted as 2045) artificial intelligence will surpass human intelligence, and man will merge with machine to transcend our current state of being. He discusses all of these concepts in two movies, both of which can be seen on Netflix.

Kurzweil AI

Meet Bill Faloon & Martine Rothblatt - Bill Faloon is the Founder of Life Extension Pharmaceuticals and a Leader in the cryonic preservation & life extension movement. Martine Rothblatt invented Serious XM Satellite Radio in addition to other breakthroughs in medical research. This interview introduces both personalities in addition to the Church of Perpetual Life - the first church openly dedicated to life-extension - and also discusses current events in terms of challenges faced by those interested in living longer.

Church of Perpetual Life

Meet Dr. Max More - President & CEO of Alcor Life Extension Foundation. Alcor is one of 3 Cryopreservation companies in the United States. Cryonics and cryopreservation is a last-resort method of preserving the physical body and brain in the hopes that medical science will one day return them to their former state since we really don't know when a person is truly dead beyond the point of revival. As of now patients have been revived after more than an hour after declared death, and prior to CPR it was believed than anyone who stopped breathing was dead.

Most people believe cryonics is expensive. It's not. I know because I'm signed up and it costs around $34 a month for my insurance policy. Please note that I'm not promoting Alcor or affiliated with them in any way, and my cryonics membership is through one of the other companies.

Alcor Life Extension Foundation

That's enough for today, and a pretty good start. Again, I'm not affiliated with any of these companies nor am I paid for posting this. I just think it's important for young minds with potential to be aware of what's going on in the world that isn't being discussed.

One thing you might notice is that all of the people in the videos above own Fastlane businesses. All of them built companies focused on solving problems, and all focused those efforts on building a better future.

Maybe you care. Maybe you don't. Either way it's new & different, so indulge, enjoy, and feel free to imagine what the future holds. ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
News on the First Human Telomere Lengthening Trials with Bill Andrews and Jeff Mathis

In this video, host Sarah Westall interviews Dr. Bill Andrews (remember him from the OP?) and Dr. Jeff Mathis about where they stand with their telomere lengthening research. Clearly aging (in humans) wasn't cured within one year as with his original prediction; however, human trials are set to begin this month or next month. I've highlighted some other key points below since the video is 46 minutes.

Some takeaways I thought were worth summarizing:
  • Tests on mice made them younger in "every conceivable way"
  • The same was true for tests on human cells in human skin on mice
  • The telomere gene therapy is now moving to human trials
  • Human trials beginning in May or June
  • Cost is very expensive for the testing - $700k+ per person
  • Will take around six weeks between each human trial and will treat 4-5 patients in first 6 months
  • Two years ago "this couldn't even have been attempted. The technology just wasn't far enough along" - 14:51
  • Moving straight to human trials to target Alzheimer's which has no current cure
  • They have celebrities and high-profile clients signed up for testing after initial human safety trials succeed
  • The first 2 trials are safety trials. Once they pass those they can move to a round of 30 patients.
  • It is a "pay to play" model currently. They can't take volunteers due to being a small biotech startup. They just don't have the cash. It does seem worth it for those with alzheimers and a lot of money.
  • "The rich are going to save the poor" - Bill Andrews describes how the first trials being fueled by the wealthy and initial profits will drive research to create a mass market drug at affordable prices.
  • There are multiple aspects of aging that have to be treated. The most important is telomeres, but the other aspects are important as well

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Dr. David Sinclair is taking applications for his new research to determine your biological age. (Free to join)

Dr. Sinclair | Longevity + Aging Expert

And if you go through this link you can sign up and bump me up on the list at the same time. :)

I've dropped from #66,000 to #22 on the list. Maybe I'll become a research guinea pig sooner than expected.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Lol op here I am reading the forum just a little bit before falling asleep and I come across this.

5 minutes later my brain is thinking about how earth will be overpopulated if everyone lives forever and we will have to use Elon Musks' space x to colonize Mars or create some sort of artificial habitat in space or something hahaha

Same objection most people have the first time they come across the concept.

Thing is the earth is already overpopulated. Yet we live here and don't seem to mind.

People aren't stupid. We come up with new ways to make it work.

We will colonize Mars. It's not that far away. The news regularly mentions the upcoming mission.

http://www.nasa.gov/content/nasas-journey-to-mars/

This video shows how we can potentially reach Mars in 3 days.

Here's a 52 page white paper to go with it entitled "A Roadmap To Interstellar Flight."

http://www.deepspace.ucsb.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/A-Roadmap-to-Interstellar-Flight-15-h.pdf

There's really no reason for humans to stay on Earth long-term.

We've discovered plenty of places that may be habitable. Some not that far away.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
I think that minduploading is a flawed concept. A digital copy of yourself is just that, a copy, it's not the original.

This in so many ways. People seem to think our consciousness is like an operating system (Windows, Linux, OSX, etc), that it's just a piece of software running on hardware. In theory, we can take that software and place it in a virtual environment and it will work the same. The reality is our consciousness is more like firmware, it's directly tied into our bodies, and even more, physical changes within our body impact how our consciousness work. I'm thinking of phantom limbs. Instances where the software in the brain has modified itself in response to the loss of limb and literally changed the hardware.

Personally believe that this generation or the next will solve intelligence and then the generation that follows will use the advanced AI + full understanding of the brain to reach real immortality.

I am extremely skeptical of the notion of true, or advanced, AI. A big element of intelligence is the ability to step outside of a system and reason about it. Humans possess the ability to look at themselves objectively since we are conscious of our conscious (and no one knows why). Computer are machines, they will only do EXACTLY what you tell them to do. Watson and AlphaGO took advantage of the facts that the systems they were in had well defined rules and they could quickly compute all permutations and choose the one that had the highest statistical success. I don't want to take away from the achievements, just point out we are very very far away from Skynet.

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
this is a very interesting topic imagine 50 years from now with all these new technologies and stuff, the possibilities are gonna be endless. i even read this article the other day when these scientist was working on teleportation and they can already transfer some very microscopic tiny particles from part a to point b which is a huge step. they said that in the world of teleportation time doesn't exist and i am like what!!!!!! how is that even possible, but at the end of the day some weird experiments are being taken place each day by these innovative scientists around the world and in my opinion those guys are the heroes, the ones that can make the impossible seem possible, as they usually say these days the sky is not the limit anymore because man have already went to the moon.

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Transhumanism on BBC News
A short documentary covering recent updates in transhumanism.

Small Mammal Brain Preservation Contest Won
http://www.brainpreservation.org/small-mammal-announcement/

This article shows an important step in the progress of long-term cryopreservation technologies.
The prize was $100,000 and was very close between 2 companies.
The next contest attempts long-term preservation of large mammallian brains.
This is an incredible breakthrough since...humans are large mammals.

Background and significance

Proponents of cryonics have long sought a technique that could put terminal patients into long-term stasis, the goal being a form of medical time travel in which patients are stabilized against decay with the hope of being revived and cured by future technologies. To that end, over the last two decades cryonics researchers have made progress eliminating ice formation using a technology from mainstream cryobiology called vitrification. Vitrification uses high concentrations of cryoprotectants that allow tissue to solidify during cooling without the formation of ice crystals. When optimally applied, vitrification eliminates damage to cell structures caused by ice formation and has been shown compatible with recovery of biological functioning in small slices of isolated brain tissue. But when applied to whole brains, limitations in diffusibility lead to dramatic shrinkage of the brain’s tissue. Electron microscope images of such brains show dramatic distortions to the delicate neural circuits, and recovery of biological function in whole brains or animals remains far out of reach.

Such difficulties have led a new generation of researchers to focus on a more achievable and demonstrable goal –preservation of brain structure only, without concern for later biological viability. They focus on demonstrating preservation of the delicate pattern of synaptic connections (the “connectome”) which neuroscience contends encodes a person’s memory and identity. Instead of biological revival, these new researchers often envision a future “synthetic revival” comprising nanometer-scale scanning of the preserved brain to serve as the basis for mind uploading.

This shift in focus toward “synthetic” revival opens up new avenues of research and brings the idea of cryonics squarely within the purview of today’s scientific investigation. Hundreds of neuroscience papers have detailed how memory and personality are encoded structurally in synaptic connections, and recent advances in connectome imaging and brain simulation can be seen as a preview of the synthetic revival technologies to come. Until now, the crucial unanswered questions were “How well does cryonics preserve the brain’s connectome?” and “Are there alternatives/modifications to cryonics that might preserve the connectome better and in a manner that could be demonstrated today?” The Brain Preservation Prize was put forward in 2010 to spur research that could definitively answer these questions. Now, five years later, these questions have been answered: As described above, traditional cryonics procedures have not yet been able to demonstrate (to the BPF’s satisfaction) preservation of the connectome, but the newly perfected “Aldehyde-Stabilized Cryopreservation” technique has.

The key breakthrough was the quick perfusion of a deadly chemical fixative (glutaraldehyde) through the brain’s vascular system, rapidly stopping metabolic decay and fixing proteins in place by covalent crosslinks. This stabilized the tissue and, along with other chemicals, enabled cryoprotectants to be perfused at an optimal temperature and rate for the prevention of brain shrinkage. The result was an intact rabbit brain uniformly filled with such a high concentration of cryoprotectants that it could be vitrified solid and stored at -135 degrees Celsius. Electron microscope images from across the rabbit brain showed beautifully preserved neural circuits which look identical to fixation-only control brains.

This result directly answers a main skeptical and scientific criticism against cryonics –that it does not provably preserve the delicate synaptic circuitry of the brain. As such, this research sets the stage for renewed interest within the scientific community, and offers a potential challenge to medical researchers to develop a human surgical procedure based on these successful animal experiments.

Startup to Bring the Dead Back to Life in 30 Years

Seems I'm not the only one who sees opportunity here.

I've had an eye on this company since they first launched.

Glad to see they're still around and growing fast.

http://humaitech.com/

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Here's a great article about Cryonics my wife shared on Facebook this morning.

Why Cryonics Makes Sense

Screen Shot 2016-03-26 at 4.54.52 AM.png

You’re on an airplane when you hear a loud sound and things start violently shaking. A minute later, the captain comes on the speaker and says:

There’s been an explosion in the engine, and the plane is going to crash in 15 minutes. There’s no chance of survival. There is a potential way out—the plane happens to be transferring a shipment of parachutes, and anyone who would like to use one to escape the plane may do so. But I must warn you—the parachutes are experimental and completely untested, with no guarantee to work. We also have no idea what the terrain will be like down below. Please line up in the aisle if you’d like a parachute, and the flight attendants will give you one, show you how to use it and usher you to the emergency exit where you can jump. Those who choose not to take that option, please remain in your seat—this will be over soon, and you will feel no pain.

What would you do?

Some of you may notice the relevance of the image in business too.​

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Couldn't find one of the articles so I removed it for now.

The other one should be fixed. Stumbled on this while searching. :)

NASA gives the green light on 8 projects to move into next phase of development. NIAC’s phase II awards $500,000 for two years of study in order to further test technologies. This year's selections include a habitat designed to induce cryosleep for long-range missions, a robotic space habitat that is able to build itself and grow in lunar orbit (making it a perfect orbital outpost), and more.
(Paraphrased Stephan Beauregard of Cryonics Institute)

Torpor.jpg

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Here's an interesting look at occupations most likely to be affected by automation and AI advances.

To put it simply - robots are taking over jobs.

I pulled this from an article on robots and basic income here.

These predictions are based on estimations over the next 10 years.

Not only does it suggest which occupations are in trouble...

It indirectly highlights opportunities for wise entrepreneurs.

May be time to start that automated sewer or library tech startup you've been pondering.

And if you find yourself out of work you can teach Kindergarten by day and strip at night. ;)

1463154630253504.png

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Tiny Device Heals Organs With A Single Touch

"Researchers have developed a device that can switch cell function to rescue failing body functions with a single touch. The technology, known as Tissue Nanotransfection (TNT), injects genetic code into skin cells, turning those skin cells into other types of cells required for treating diseased conditions."

More on this at this Science Daily article.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Better work harder on your Fastlane biz! :D

Technology tends to get cheaper the more mainstream it becomes.

It's only expensive now.

Oh yes!

I'm putting together a couple transhumanism/longevity sites as we speak actually. Will post them here when they are ready.

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 10, 2015
So many people have suggested that my plan to 1. Get Rich and 2. Attain immortality is completely insane. I'm glad there are so many others who share my aspirations.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
It's insane how much untapped potential there is for entrepreneurs in longevity... So many markets emerging. So many ways to build multi-million or billion dollar companies. Tons of investors waiting to back you. Not to mention you'll likely become part of history.

Here's an article from Business Insider about a demographic shift that'll occur by 2020.

"We are living in the midst of the most remarkable demographic transition in history with life expectancy to reach 77.1 by 2050E (vs. 48Y in 1950), the global 60+ population to grow to 2.1bn by 2050E (vs. 901mn today); the median age worldwide to hit 36 by 2050E (vs. 29.6 today); and life expectancy increasing by 1Y every 5Y. We are arriving at 'peak youth' for the first time in human history with the number of persons aged 65+ expected to outnumber children under-5 by the end of this decade. Aging has also become a universal phenomenon, and by 2050E, 80% of older people will live in EMs. Life expectancies of 300-400Y or even an infinite extension of life expectancy may be within reach in our lifetimes."

Basically older people are sticking around and that means society will need to shift their current perspective about what it means to be old. Instead of just writing them off and leaving them for dead, old will soon take on new meaning. The context changes and therefore everything changes. This is a long game for marketers and business people. 20 or 30 years from now the way you think about selling to old people will be very different from how you think about it now.

screen%20shot%202016-05-16%20at%207.59.13%20am.png

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
download.png

This year is the first R.A.A.D. | REVOLUTION AGAINST AGING & DEATH FESTIVAL

Most of you haven't heard of it, but it's worth a look. I'm pretty sure I'm going.

This event is bringing together the biggest names in life extension, reverse aging, science and beyond.

Most of the people mentioned in this thread will be in attendance in addition to many others.

For anyone wanting to get into this industry it's an opportunity of a lifetime for networking.

Some of the presenters include:
Ray Kurzweil
Bill Andrews
• Aubrey DeGrey
• Bill Faloon
• Zoltan Istvan
• Suzanne Somers
• Dr. Mercola
• Max More

It's a 4 day event where you'll be caught up on the latest and greatest in all things tech/life extension.

There will almost definitely also be partying. The life extension community loves to party. :)

From their site:

"RAAD Fest combines the energy and fun of a festival, the empowerment and interaction of personal development, with cutting edge science presented for a lay audience to create the first and best holistic radical life extension event ever.

Hear from top scientists, entrepreneurs and thought-leaders addressing every aspect of radical life extension, from nutrition and new gene therapies, to the power of personal intention, the sociology of immortality and advancement in artificial intelligence.

You will also have the opportunity to interact with our experts as well as share your own views."

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
I remember this interview i saw recently of Peter Thiel.
He was asked by Tim Ferriss what is a problem he thinks about every day that need to be solved.

His answer was aging.
And he said he is amazed that not much work is being conducted for a problem that unanimously all 7 billion population in the world faces.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
A good read but a bit spiritual but also with good tips on Herbs for clean Blood (clean Blood plays a huge factor on longevity)

The Tao of Rejuvenation

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
i made more research on TA-65 and the most important ingridient is Astragalus-Root. Maybe they just put good marketing and sell it for 500$ a piece. So i got now the supplement of straight Astragalusroot from natures way(i think whole foods selling it in the US, not sure), i'll try it, lets see in 2-4 weeks how is going and how i feel with it.

Another superfood that can improve youre telomeres is Shilajit, you can drink it as tea, i can recommend it because since drinking it i dont need any coffee and i feel very good. I take it always for longer periods to avoid placebo effects.

Jonathan C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 3, 2017
United States
Schizandra berry is a good herb for longevity. It is considered to be the quintessence of Chinese herbalism. If you can only take one herb, that is the one you are suggested to take. Make sure you do some research and know how to properly prepare it. In its raw form it has tannins which may cause problems over time. Dragon Herbs seems like a good place to buy quality herbs.

Herbs, Chinese Tonic Herbs, Radiant Health from Ron Teeguarden - Dragon Herbs

2045 is an organization that was founded by a Russian billionaire named Dmitry Itskov. The organization aims to make immortality accessible to the public by creating artificial bodies.

Some might think that a spiritual leader such as the Dalai Lama would denounce such plans as disrupting the balance of nature. However, the Dalai Lama endorses the organization.

The Dalai Lama Supports 2045’s Avatar Project

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.