The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Long toothed, newly unscripted

D

Deleted50470

I've been on this earth for over half a century, living life like I was supposed to. College educated, nine-to-five, clawing up the corporate ladder. Now, I've realized after a major corporate disruption, that the life I've lived and worked so hard for is a figment of my imagination. Live isn't secure in a multi-billion dollar company. No matter how much experience you have, it doesn't mean anything once you get to my age. You can be replaced by a new college grad in a heartbeat. No pity, no remorse or regret. Just a realization that my life has to change, even though I'm an old dog. I'm looking forward to it very much, just like I'm looking forward to be part of the unscripted group, and living a a life congruent with my values of freedom, hard work, and a life that is grounded in my terms.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome aboard. Glad you're waking up to the reality that corporate America has no loyalty to their employees. I got slapped in the face with that reality with a layoff, and haven't looked back.

Looking forward to your progress.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I've been on this earth for over half a century, living life like I was supposed to. College educated, nine-to-five, clawing up the corporate ladder. Now, I've realized after a major corporate disruption, that the life I've lived and worked so hard for is a figment of my imagination. Live isn't secure in a multi-billion dollar company. No matter how much experience you have, it doesn't mean anything once you get to my age. You can be replaced by a new college grad in a heartbeat. No pity, no remorse or regret. Just a realization that my life has to change, even though I'm an old dog. I'm looking forward to it very much, just like I'm looking forward to be part of the unscripted group, and living a a life congruent with my values of freedom, hard work, and a life that is grounded in my terms.
Welcome. I like the last sentence of yours. Great values to live by.

May I ask specifically what major corporate disruption happened? Downsizing? Politics in promotions?

Do you have any prior experiences or skills you learned up in the corporate world that you can take with you? They can be handy now in the Fastlane.

D

Deleted50470

Welcome. I like the last sentence of yours. Great values to live by.

May I ask specifically what major corporate disruption happened? Downsizing? Politics in promotions?

Do you have any prior experiences or skills you learned up in the corporate world that you can take with you? They can be handy now in the Fastlane.

Hi ZF - Thanks for your comments. Yes, I've filled a variety of roles while in the corporate world, from field engineering, sales, and supply chain management. In fact, I was recently doing a skills inventory to see what I can freelance in the market.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Steve, appreciate the intro!

OUTofFRAME

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Aug 6, 2018
Florida

Even though I've been lived less than you, I'm already scared about the future you described. I currently realized that I've been living 'the scripted' life, without any doubt, so now try to find 'Unscripted ' way for the rest of my life. Why don't we cheer up? People in this forum will be helpful for you, for us.

Last edited:

whiz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
Nov 29, 2017
New Jersey
Welcome to the forum.

Make sure you're eating healthy and exercising so you can be in tip top shape for your new life.

There are some in-shape 70 year olds living life better than some beat-up 25 year olds.

No pity, no remorse or regret.

This is the most important part of the post.

Glad you are choosing to look at your situation pragmatically...

You have a lot of young people on here like "I'm 22, is it too late to start?"

lol...

Good luck man.

D

Deleted50470

Welcome to the forum.

Make sure you're eating healthy and exercising so you can be in tip top shape for your new life.

There are some in-shape 70 year olds living life better than some beat-up 25 year olds.

This is the most important part of the post.

Glad you are choosing to look at your situation pragmatically...

You have a lot of young people on here like "I'm 22, is it too late to start?"

lol...

Good luck man.
Thanks, Whiz. Great advice!

D

Deleted50470

Even though I've been lived less than you, I'm already scared about the future you described. I currently realized that I've been living 'the scripted' life, without any doubt, so now try to find 'Unscripted ' way for the rest of my life. Why don't we cheer up? People in this forum will be helpful for you, for us.
Realizing the problem is the first step to fixing it, now it's up to us, with the help of others, to deliberately design the life you now realize you can have.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...