• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Long toothed, newly unscripted

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Freedom-Quest, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Freedom-Quest

Freedom-Quest New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $83
    I've been on this earth for over half a century, living life like I was supposed to. College educated, nine-to-five, clawing up the corporate ladder. Now, I've realized after a major corporate disruption, that the life I've lived and worked so hard for is a figment of my imagination. Live isn't secure in a multi-billion dollar company. No matter how much experience you have, it doesn't mean anything once you get to my age. You can be replaced by a new college grad in a heartbeat. No pity, no remorse or regret. Just a realization that my life has to change, even though I'm an old dog. I'm looking forward to it very much, just like I'm looking forward to be part of the unscripted group, and living a a life congruent with my values of freedom, hard work, and a life that is grounded in my terms.

2. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,358
    Welcome aboard. Glad you're waking up to the reality that corporate America has no loyalty to their employees. I got slapped in the face with that reality with a layoff, and haven't looked back.

Looking forward to your progress.

3. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,848
    Welcome. I like the last sentence of yours. Great values to live by.

May I ask specifically what major corporate disruption happened? Downsizing? Politics in promotions?

Do you have any prior experiences or skills you learned up in the corporate world that you can take with you? They can be handy now in the Fastlane.

MakeItHappen likes this.
  4. Freedom-Quest

Freedom-Quest New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $83
    Hi ZF - Thanks for your comments. Yes, I've filled a variety of roles while in the corporate world, from field engineering, sales, and supply chain management. In fact, I was recently doing a skills inventory to see what I can freelance in the market.

MakeItHappen and ZF Lee like this.
  5. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,721
    Admin Post
    Welcome Steve, appreciate the intro!

ZF Lee likes this.
  6. OUTofFRAME

OUTofFRAME Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $325
    Even though I've been lived less than you, I'm already scared about the future you described. I currently realized that I've been living 'the scripted' life, without any doubt, so now try to find 'Unscripted' way for the rest of my life. Why don't we cheer up? People in this forum will be helpful for you, for us.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  7. whiz

whiz Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,566
    Welcome to the forum.

Make sure you're eating healthy and exercising so you can be in tip top shape for your new life.

There are some in-shape 70 year olds living life better than some beat-up 25 year olds.

This is the most important part of the post.

Glad you are choosing to look at your situation pragmatically...

You have a lot of young people on here like "I'm 22, is it too late to start?"

lol...

Good luck man.

8. MakeItHappen

MakeItHappen Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,705
    Welcome Steve, nice to have you hear.

Use your life and work experience to your advantage and create the life you desire! I wish you good luck!

9. Freedom-Quest

Rep Bank:
    $83
    Thanks, MJ. Glad to be here.

10. Freedom-Quest

Rep Bank:
    $83
    Thanks, Whiz. Great advice!

11. Freedom-Quest

Rep Bank:
    $83
    Realizing the problem is the first step to fixing it, now it's up to us, with the help of others, to deliberately design the life you now realize you can have.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.