I just attended a local entrepreneur fair and I have to say this was one of the most painful things I’ve had to sit through. Just about every speaker touted the phrase “You don't own your business, your business owns youâ€.
Wow, really?
They had local business owners talk about their experiences and how hard it is running a local business.
One owner said she had only taken a vacation twice in the last eleven years and she's constantly working weekends to finish paperwork. I can't believe anybody would be excited about this!
The slowlane mindset was almost unbearable!
Then a lady from the local chamber presented some business data that, to say the least, was out of date.
She was trying to sell people on creating businesses that are dying or already dead (e.g. local book store).
When I asked her about the fact that some of these businesses had already been here and had since closed, she obviously side stepped the question. After she spoke for awhile longer, I started to realize how out of touch these people really are.
Overall, this was a horrible experience. I can't believe that anyone could sit through a seminar like this and come out thinking, this is really what I want to do.
Wow, really?
They had local business owners talk about their experiences and how hard it is running a local business.
One owner said she had only taken a vacation twice in the last eleven years and she's constantly working weekends to finish paperwork. I can't believe anybody would be excited about this!
The slowlane mindset was almost unbearable!
Then a lady from the local chamber presented some business data that, to say the least, was out of date.
She was trying to sell people on creating businesses that are dying or already dead (e.g. local book store).
When I asked her about the fact that some of these businesses had already been here and had since closed, she obviously side stepped the question. After she spoke for awhile longer, I started to realize how out of touch these people really are.
Overall, this was a horrible experience. I can't believe that anyone could sit through a seminar like this and come out thinking, this is really what I want to do.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
