The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

LLC approved by the state, got our EIN... ready to go!

DJ_ricecake

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 16, 2012
[EDIT]I just started our eCommerce business blog! Read the first post here:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/blogs/dj_ricecake/458-merging-into-fastlane-blog-about-our-ecommerce-business.html

Hello all,

My name is Eva. My husband and I are both in our twenties and entrenched in the rat race. We always had the feeling that bigger things were out there, that staring at our Mint.com account day and night and watching our 401(k)s grow slower than a flower stuck in a cave wasn't how we will achieve the life we want to live. But we never looked for other options... until a month ago.

I don't even know what we were talking about (we chat 24/7), but hubs inserted the name "Fastlane Forum" into our conversation when I suggested (more as a joke) that we should start our own business. So one Google search later, I found myself engrossed in JackEdward's journal on his latest venture - by the way, thanks for the inspiration good sir.

So after several weeks of trolling this forum, various entrepreneurs blogs/ podcasts (Mixergy & Smart Passive Income are awesome), reading various fastlane/ eCommerce/ SEO/ advertising books, and debating what we want to do as a first business, we're rearing to go! :driving:

First, we'll be diving into the eCommerce business in a decent sized niche (about 10-20k hits on the top Google pages right now). I actually wanted to start the journal on the business first, but felt it more appropriate to say hello to the forum :D

Our LLC has been approved by the state and we're waiting for our papers to be sent back from LegalZoom. We just got our EIN today, so the next few weeks, my job will be to call suppliers to better understand the margin of these products. Luckily I work in the procurement field doing account management, so I'm not TOO nervous about talking to sales guys. Any tips or good questions to ask the sales people would be much appreciated :p

As for job distribution... since we're lucky enough to be in this together, hubs (the tech guy) will be in charge of SEO, web design (we're still debating between Magento and Shopify), and finances. I'll be doing procurement, marketing, and anything related to writing/ design with the exception of code.

In conclusion... VERY excited that I finally made my first post here. Next goal: INSIDERS FORUM :coolgleamA:

MJ's MFL has changed our mentality. Execution on this new mentality will change our lives (hopefully for the better).

Cheers,
Eva

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

DJ_ricecake

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 16, 2012
Welcome, don't discount WooCommerce for eCommerce. It's a relatively new sleek solution.
Thanks Steele, we are still juggling our options. We're watching the intro vid for WooCommerce now.

Um... 45kph, really?! Thank you fellow FLFers, I'm feeling more special than making it to the front page of Reddit :rolleyes:

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
550%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Um... 45kph, really?!

Believe it or not, registering an LLC and getting your EIN is leaps and bounds ahead of what most people have done in their quest to get rich. Notice the people on here with hundreds of posts that are still "parked"? That's the proof for ya.

Keep moving forward and updating us on your trials and tribulations and you'll rank among the most valuable users on here in no time.

Mike.B

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Oct 27, 2011
Ohio
Believe it or not, registering an LLC and getting your EIN is leaps and bounds ahead of what most people have done in their quest to get rich. Notice the people on here with hundreds of posts that are still "parked"? That's the proof for ya.

Keep moving forward and updating us on your trials and tribulations and you'll rank among the most valuable users on here in no time.

I must have missed the boat ... :rofl: I've started four companies in the last year and I'm barley moving :smx4:

@DJ congrats on taking action!!

DJ_ricecake

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 16, 2012
I must have missed the boat ... :rofl: I've started four companies in the last year and I'm barley moving :smx4:

@DJ congrats on taking action!!

+speed for your four businesses :) Read some of your older posts - you should start a journal for one of your ventures!

ColtonJD91

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Speed+ for being one step ahead of me. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to reading the blog and checking out the site!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Jamillah

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Sep 23, 2012
CO
Great blog post! I like reading progress posts, I find it very motivating . Keep going, don't give up! I love to see someone succeed at executing ideas!

fellipe

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Sep 5, 2011
Why did you register a business in the first place?

Sorry but your idea hasn't even been validated.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

This reminds me of a quote from my personal Bible, think it's called the Fastlane Millionaire by DJ De Barco or something.

"Interest wants to start a business; commitment files LLC paperwork." - DJ De Barco

We can tell you're committed. Keep at it. Don't give up.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...