The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Living on your own VS living with high performers?

Anything related to matters of the mind

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
So I find myself in a situation where I can live in a big villa with 5 others (high performing people).

or.

Get my own villa and have peace, quiet, and lots of focus and no distractions.

The financial aspect of either is essentially the same.

I'm pretty introverted, but see the value in surrounding yourself with people crushing it (they earn approx 5x more than me yearly) - But am I overvaluing simply living near to people having a tangible effect on my development?

What would you do?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
I would just make sure I have a room where I can work alone and quiet if I need to but this is more to recharge as an introvert.

I work 10x better when people watch me work, I don't get on my phone or start daydreaming.
Even just knowing that I'm going to have dinner with them I want to say I did my best that day if they ask me lol

So get together with those people if they're good people, I would suppose it'll be better financially too, also sounds like you'll be able to leave if you don't like it there anymore.

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
The fastest way to become strong is to join a gym where you are the weakest guy.

That said, I would check their character first.
No good in being surrounded by jerks all day, high income or not.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
You are the sum of your five closest friends. Will they be friends?

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
I say go for it. As long as that spare bedroom isn't actually the common room and they are just letting you crash because they feel bad.... and you don't become the peg boy...

Seriously though, don't sign a long term contract incase you want to bounce.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I say go for it. As long as that spare bedroom isn't actually the common room and they are just letting you crash because they feel bad.... and you don't become the peg boy...

Seriously though, don't sign a long term contract incase you want to bounce.

See I wasn’t the only one worried about that... Js. *snort

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
but he might end up their little b!t$h boy.. and that would be bad.

Nothing wrong with starting on the bottom and working his way up :rofl:

Seriously though OP, you got your whole life to live alone, take advantage of this and live with them, you'll learn a lot one way or another.

Phikey

Fortune favours the bold.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
Done both and there’s good times for each. When I lived in an entrepreneur house with 3 other high-level business owners it took my business-game to the next level.

The biggest thing for me was the mindset shift. We walk around with so many self-limiting beliefs and preconceptions about how reality works. When you start living with people doing 4x your own revenue (and profits) and you see that they’re not that much smarter than you, it changes what you perceive is possible.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
So I find myself in a situation where I can live in a big villa with 5 others (high performing people).

or.

Get my own villa and have peace, quiet, and lots of focus and no distractions.

The financial aspect of either is essentially the same.

I'm pretty introverted, but see the value in surrounding yourself with people crushing it (they earn approx 5x more than me yearly) - But am I overvaluing simply living near to people having a tangible effect on my development?

What would you do?
I would make sure that I had a quiet place to work while living with the 5 successful people. You can go to the library or the park or do the dishes in the kitchen or sit on the back porch or, or, or to find peace and quiet. What you cannot duplicate is the moment where you can absorb the energy of 5 successful people all in the same place while they are feeding off each other's successes. Use your quiet nature to draw them out. Study them. Listen twice much as you talk. Ask LOTS of questions. Be their ear when things go wrong for them. Listen when they have doubts. Take notes. Be their friend both as a group and individually. Learn what makes them tick and has created their successes. Your goal should be to find the trends and common threads among these people. Put on your research's hat and go to work using this situation as your life-sized lab. It's your chance to get better. Good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.