The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Living life by design, not default

AKN

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
May 24, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Hey everyone, I’m Adam from Vancouver B.C., where $30K millionaires are rampant like wild monkeys. I have occasionally visited this site to re-ignite my desire to ascend into the rarefied atmosphere of successful entrepreneurs, and to understand the process it takes to get there. I thought it would be beneficial to become a member, seeing as the book that MJ has written is one of the only ones I cared to finish in the last little while. It's nice to see a networking site that doesn't give a shit about updates on how tired people are or what they had for brunch.

I have programmed myself to adopt an entrepreneurial mindset ever since I got out of high school, albeit taking 5 years to complete a 2-year business administration diploma. It taught me what not to do in life, but allowed me to learn a few tools that would be necessary in business. Graduation and the months that followed were bittersweet, as I realized it was seemingly harder to find work the more education I had. I distinctly recall a moment in my life where I had to make a choice which road I would embark on, leading me to my current field of study. I am near completion of a Bachelor in Real Estate that includes designation as a residential and commercial property appraiser. It has taught me about creative financing, analyzing markets, valuing all property types, property development, and most importantly forcing myself to learn difficult concepts. Specializing in real estate was one of the best decisions I've made.

I’m concurrently teaching myself web development and mastering Adobe CS5. The internet language I've learned is so complex to me I sometimes don't even know what the hell I'm talking about when it comes up in discussion, but I've been able to apply it and write code without any reference. It wasn't long ago that I'd throw up in my mouth at the thought of web language, but I've come to enjoy it after reading success stories and realizing the massive potential it carries for any type of business.

I’m a bit of a rogue myself, I’ve had stints as a bartender, tradesman, security guard (i.e. paid time to finish school work), day trader, fighting in a cage for $200, and working as a ‘host’ in a nightclub where my duties include psychological warfare with chemically imbalanced meatheads to babysitting severely intoxicated chickenheads.

My previous concept of entrepreneurship led to attempts at failed businesses that robbed me of my time and ambition, causing me to look deep within for answers. From house flipping to ‘horticulture’ to contracting, the stories are legendary yet humbling. I’ve traveled to places like Dubai where millions in the real estate market used to be made overnight, and a Lamborghini is as common as a Hyundai Sonata, to places like Kenya where the leader is the man with the most cows. The definition of rich can vary according to the environment you are in, but my ideals of success consider an abundance of time and money, and a meaningful way to spend both.

One of my current jobs as a residential property appraiser allows me to work as an outside contractor, meaning my work is done as soon as I can finish it, freeing up time to hand mould my own business, while learning on someone else's dime. My brother and I are joint tenants of an unimproved site in Northern B.C. that we are looking to develop on in the near future. Learning the intricacies of online business has opened up many doors for me, and I see both opportunities as a blank canvas which I can focus all my energy on. I'm glad to be a part of this learning environment. Much success to you all, and live well!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
where $30K millionaires are rampant like wild monkeys.

Ha try rolling around in Scottsdale, I think we invented the concept.

Thanks for the great intro -- very reflective with much wisdom.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
where $30K millionaires are rampant like wild monkeys.

Ha try rolling around in Scottsdale, I think we invented the concept.

Thanks for the great intro -- very reflective with much wisdom.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...