The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Limos And Fastlane Business Strategy

Scuderia

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Feb 13, 2011
Australia
If you really look at MJ's limo site, from what i have heard (mixergy interview) it wasn't exactly fastlane to begin with. Because didn't he rely heavily on google adwords to get traffic to his site? I remember him saying he was spending huge amounts on adwords. "MJ: So, yeah, we were doing, I think, $20,000 in Google ads a month. Spending $20,000, $30,000 a month, so it was a lot of miles"

If so, isn't that breaking commandment of control?

What if google has slapped his site, and banned him from their program, where would the site be today?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
If you really look at MJ's limo site, from what i have heard (mixergy interview) it wasn't exactly fastlane to begin with. Because didn't he rely heavily on google adwords to get traffic to his site? I remember him saying he was spending huge amounts on adwords. "MJ: So, yeah, we were doing, I think, $20,000 in Google ads a month. Spending $20,000, $30,000 a month, so it was a lot of miles"

If so, isn't that breaking commandment of control?

What if google has slapped his site, and banned him from their program, where would the site be today?

You can't really get "slapped or banned" from Adwords unless you break their TOS. You can only get "slapped" or "sandboxed" with organic search if you are using blackhat tecnniques to get ranked.

Scuderia

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Feb 13, 2011
Australia
Slapped = Quality Score 1-4
Banned = Look at adwords history, they have banned thousands of accounts for no reason at all. Its certainty possible. I've heard cases where people spending $100,000 per year on adwords, have been banned. They don't give a shit about small players ($100,000k below), in fact its not even worth their time because most of their revenues are from the big boys.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Moot point. He built it, nailed it, scaled it, and sold it. He's not advocating anybody copy that aspect of the model. The mechanics of the site don't matter at this point. The world has changed in several full rotations since the day he sold the company through now, and will change again 10x in the next year. He wasn't giving you a replicable model in how to build and sell a web site. If you are trying to copy his strategy for how he built the site --- you're wasting your time. The economic model has changed, and changed again, and changed again since then.

When Best Buy was a young company, they pioneered a change in retail strategy. They called it Concept II. While their competitors were copying Concept II, Best Buy was secretly deploying Concept III. Their competitors emulated their old strategy, just as Best Buy was moving to their NEW strategy. They put dozens of regional competitors out of business as their competitors spent time copying their obsolete, last generation business model.

The wisdom in the Millionaire Fastlane book is not in a replication of what MJ did. It is in a replication of how MJ --- thought.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

911Carrera

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Aug 1, 2011
He succeeded and made millions of dollars off of it. I'm not sure what the problem is here. There are no set rules. You don't have to have full control over stuff to succeed. Trying to follow a straight narrow line with rules set in stone is recipe for disaster.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.