The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Limited Ways to Reach my Audience

Marketing, social media, advertising
D

DeletedUser0287

I know where/what my target market is 100%, but there is a problem. Huge barrier to reach them.

A competitor pretty much owns the community. He is a mod. There is another spot where my target market is..., but very low traffic. Pretty much dead. Then a subreddit where I want to post organically, a lot of the people that are associated with that competitor are mods of that subreddit also... I have no control or any other way to reach this community, besides sneaking in and adding bits of value, but no way to promote my products...

Paid options? Of course with every other business idea I had, these communities are too small (but growing) to be targeted through Facebook or reddit. Yah know they only let you target large broad interest on Facebook and large subreddits. If I go paid route, it is broad targeting. It’s like throwing money in the drain.

I made a post to validate my idea and got tons of positive feedback...and they removed my thread. Worked so hard, it was pretty much an ad, but had a lot of value.

What would you do? I don’t have enough content to produce on my own subreddit. And in my space, the content requires a lot of money because they are pictures of physical products and outfits. Stuff ain’t cheap.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Paid options? Of course with every other business idea. These communities are too small (but growing) to be targeted through Facebook or reddit. Yah know they only let you target large broad interest on Facebook and large subreddits. If I go paid route, it is broad targeting. It’s like throwing money in the drain.

What if your target audience has similar adjacent interests that can all be targetted through FB ads?

D

DeletedUser0287

What if your target audience has similar adjacent interests that can all be targetted through FB ads?

It’s niche, even the largest interest (competitor brand) isn’t even targetable. My community isn’t specific to age or any other demographics likes that. Also don’t want to exclude based on on those demographics because to my knowledge, this is 100% interest based community. I guess my only hope is to do broad targeting, but strapped on cash.

I quit my job and thought this was gonna pan out until I hit this road bump. Unfortunately, if I do go back to slowlane my job requires being away from home 3 months or more at time. Pretty much leaving my venture at a halt. I sew my own product.

Last edited by a moderator:

astr0

Grinding
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 3, 2017
Lviv, Ukraine
We had the same exact problem, although no direct competition, but our target audience were hanging in other groups in that niche.

Tried to hire people to PM them one by one from different accounts and slowly leading to our product. That hasn't worked well. Tried media buying on web sites they are also visiting (not our competition), PPM ads on the much broader but still niched network, 2 paid youtube videos by influencers. Spent $1.5k on that, got some paying customers with like $30 CAC. FB and Google wouldn't work for us 100%, too small niche. Got Twitter, Medium and also free listing in app directories which probably are showing up on Google for free when people are looking for what we're doing.

Somehow users were coming and referring us to others, so it still steadily growing without any paid marketing running for the last 2 weeks. Integration with much bigger business in a niche really got us a big bump in profits.

So my point is - if you got very positive feedback in the validation phase - get it in front of at least a small fraction of the audience. If it's really great they would spread the word for free.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
What would you do?

I would move on to another idea , part of the criteria for vetting an idea would be supply and demand and marketing , market demand with a market you can't reach might as well not exist.

also , I know the general consensus is "niche niche niche" but how large an audience are we talking? can it support your lifestyle? can it make you rich?

have you already built out and manufactured products for these folks or...?

Are you sure reddit wont allow you to run ads to those folks specifically on that sub? it seems odd they wouldn't allow that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.