The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Life Lessons From A Family of Birds

Anything related to matters of the mind
D

DeletedUser394

I'd like to share with you a story of a baby Robbin and her family. A few days ago I noticed a small baby robbin that had fallen from it's nest. It still had one eye closed, and could barely move.

I wasn't able to locate the nest, but quickly realized the parents were around, as they attacked anyone and anything that happened to come around (including me).

Over the next few days I watched the bird, but more specifically I was astounded by the actions of his/her parents.

It was a lesson in 100% devotion to a singular goal. The parents' major definite purpose.. their own priority goal was that of the protection of their young.

Any time any other bird would come near one of the parents would come out of nowhere and attack with a quick strike. If the bird was much larger than one Robbin could handle, both parents would attack simultaneously until the threat had retreated.

This morning the baby bird was strong enough to leave the area. The parents succeeded despite all of the odds.

Putting your whole self into a project gives you the best chance of seeing it succeed.
Many, if not most baby birds that have left the nest before the right time don't survive. But I would still bet on that bird and its parents. Every. Single. Time.

If you give your business a half assed attempt you're probably going to fail. If you put your whole self into it and make it your number one priority then you still have a huge chance of failing.. but you have stacked the deck in your favor.

Don't be afraid to fail. Fail more. Fail often. Put your whole self into it and go all in. You just might change your life.

Distractions are everywhere. There are thousands of websites, magazines, television shows, sporting events, and music concerts. All of these things are trying to take you away from your main goal. The promoters and creators of these things want you to be controlled by them.

When you switch on the TV, you are no longer in control. If you aren't where you want to be in life, then you need to unplug yourself from the matrix. This mosaic of never ending distractions is designed to keep you in the same place and in the same state. Until the day that you die.

When you are distracted - you open yourself up to failure.

We watch millionaire sports stars at peak physical condition, while we sit stationary doing nothing. We listen to rap stars talk about how much money they have and their 'baller' lifestyle, and we idolize them. Never mind the fact that most listeners will never make it because they spend more time listening and less time actually doing anything.

The robbin parents succeeded despite every odd stacked against them, because of one very simple, yet powerful principle - they had one goal, which they put before everything else aside and didn't give into distractions.

Try something enough times with as close to 100% effort as you can muster.... and I like your chances. I would bet on you, every single time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

damondietz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Apr 22, 2011
Holmdel, New Jersey, United States
I took a different perspective on your story. The birds parents are the baby robin's support system. Without a proper support system, it is much more difficult to succeed. You can fail many more times and much harder if you have the proper support system in place. That baby bird probably would've died without his parents. He may have made it if he had the will and a little luck, but odd were against him.

This is not to say that succeeding can not be done alone... it can be. BUT, I would bet on the person who has the support system 99 out of 100 times. Fail. Fail hard. Fail again. But make sure you have people in your life who will be there for you when you at at your worst, as well as your best. This includes friends, family, mentors, even people in this forum. Spending time building and maintaining relationships is an integral part of building your Fastlane business.

Great story though!

SYK

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Mar 24, 2014
I often find myself marvelling at animals, particularly birds. Their pure focus on doing what they need to do to survive. No time spent complaining. No self pity. No worrying about the past or future. Completely focused on the moment, getting on with life.

I think I could turn and live with animals
They are so placid and self-contained,
I stand and look at them long and long.
They do not sweat and whine about their condition,
They do no lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins,
They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God,
Not one is dissatisfied,
Not one is demented with the mania of owning things,
Not one kneels to another,
Nor to his kind that lived thousands of years ago,
Not one is respectable or industrious over the whole earth.

The Beasts - Walt Whitman

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.