The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Life in the third world

Sartk

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jun 19, 2018
hello,

i am 27 years old and i live and am from a small country in latin america, and i want to live an unscripted life.

i went to college and pursued an engineering degree, although i haven't graduated yet i finished all the classes; somewhere down the line i realized i didn't much like the idea of working as a glorified calculator, investing countless hours developing the mental skills and technical know how, to work for someone else for an average yearly salary of $6,000 maybe $12,000 once you have enough experience and in the best case scenario $24,000 which of course entails a life of dedication to the profession. At least a college degree in my country is practically free.

Apparently i am not in love with the idea of dedicating a lot of effort for my entire life, for what seems like a survival budget, sure is way better that having a low skill job, in this side of the world, but does not sounds like success to me.

i consider am smart enough to figure out a way to add value to others without becoming a slave for someone else's profit. i want to ripped the script out of my head, abandon all meaningless entertainment exchanging it for meaningful activities like participating in this forum, learning new skills, reading books.

think that's all for my intro.

by the way, if you use some kind of software that has repetitive tasks and no quick keyboard command for it, i can help you creating keyboard shortcuts for multi step tasks. in my work i found myself having to click the same button over and over again moving the mouse from one monitor end to the other all the time, i soon grew tired of it and found a quick solution. i you are having a similar problem i can help you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Victor Cezar

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jun 29, 2018
Brazil
Hey Sartk.. or should I say Stark? haha

I know how you feel when you said.

Apparently i am not in love with the idea of dedicating a lot of effort for my entire life, for what seems like a survival budget

I always thought that we have 1 life and we can live this life once, why should spend my time, my effort and my energy to make others rich? Bullshit.

So I am glad that you are here with us, and to let you know, I am the same boat as you.. looking forward to ripping the scrip out of my head

GG

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
A Tiny island down the ocean (Ceylon)
hello,

i am 27 years old and i live and am from a small country in latin america, and i want to live an unscripted life.

i went to college and pursued an engineering degree, although i haven't graduated yet i finished all the classes; somewhere down the line i realized i didn't much like the idea of working as a glorified calculator, investing countless hours developing the mental skills and technical know how, to work for someone else for an average yearly salary of $6,000 maybe $12,000 once you have enough experience and in the best case scenario $24,000 which of course entails a life of dedication to the profession. At least a college degree in my country is practically free.

Apparently i am not in love with the idea of dedicating a lot of effort for my entire life, for what seems like a survival budget, sure is way better that having a low skill job, in this side of the world, but does not sounds like success to me.

i consider am smart enough to figure out a way to add value to others without becoming a slave for someone else's profit. i want to ripped the script out of my head, abandon all meaningless entertainment exchanging it for meaningful activities like participating in this forum, learning new skills, reading books.

think that's all for my intro.

by the way, if you use some kind of software that has repetitive tasks and no quick keyboard command for it, i can help you creating keyboard shortcuts for multi step tasks. in my work i found myself having to click the same button over and over again moving the mouse from one monitor end to the other all the time, i soon grew tired of it and found a quick solution. i you are having a similar problem i can help you.

Hey man, welcome to the forum.

It doesn't matter whether you are from a mud hole in Africa or from a lush magnificent-mansion in North America.You my friend have found this knowledge-filled place by yourself, by YOUR effort, by YOUR CHOICE.You choose this while your third world friends yell at the politicians and their bad karma for their own life problems.

Bad karma is not being able to see that YOU have a CHOICE.See, if you have found this place and if you have read Mr.Money MJ's two books..man then you have a GREAT HAND unlike other third world folks riding the third world by their own choice.

So answer for your questions lies within yourself.It is only YOU can answer the problems faced by you.Don't run away from them like most people do and later regret for not taking a constructive solution for those burning problem that they neglected to answer.

Let me tell you one answer for all questions you have.

What's it? It ain't a quick fix.Quick fix is for loser guy.

You are not a loser.You are a winner.That's why you have found this place.

So answer for your question is improving yourself in every aspect.

Improve yourself knowledge wise.Develop a great healthy physique.Master some skill.Build a business and that's why we are here for.

Bottom-line, HAVE NO EXCUSES.YOU CHOOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR LIFE.EVEN YOUR BIRTH PLACE IS CHOSEN BY YOU.

Therefore go ahead and choose to CHOOSE the good life filled with happiness and freedom.And the path for that isn't paved with a comfortable rose filled sweet smelling surrounding where cute women serves you whatever you like.No it is far from that.It's a tough road filled with lot of consistent difficult work and daily constructive action.

Btw I highly recommend you to read MJ's two books again and again.

Thanks for tuning in

You will win as long as you PLAY!

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard Sartk, nice to see the book resonating outside of the USA.

Sartk

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jun 19, 2018
Hey man, welcome to the forum.

So answer for your questions lies within yourself.It is only YOU can answer the problems faced by you.Don't run away from them like most people do and later regret for not taking a constructive solution for those burning problem that they neglected to answer.

Bottom-line, HAVE NO EXCUSES.YOU CHOOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR LIFE.EVEN YOUR BIRTH PLACE IS CHOSEN BY YOU.

You will win as long as you PLAY!

Thanks for the warm welcome

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
At least a college degree in my country is practically free
Perhaps it's priced accurately... It'll still cost you years though.

i consider am smart enough to figure out a way to add value to others without becoming a slave for someone else's profit
Be careful about seeing value in your own intelligence. Truth is, it has zero value by itself. It's like an engine without wheels & steering. You'll need to throw yourself in the brutal grind of the market newbie to learn all the other traits you must build. Intelligence is just one among many.

As for the way: marketable skill. If you can get very good at something that people will pay for, you don't have to stay in a job, you can sell your services independently. This is the best middlelane between the slowlane of a job and the fastlane of a business.

Last edited:

Computerchest

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 4, 2018
Good luck. The story is true wherever you are in the world. The successes I have had previously could have been achieved from anywhere (that has an internet connection).

SpinnerRedPenny

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jun 20, 2023
USA or Europe
a college degree in my country is practically free.
Hi @Sartk!

A college degree in your country (and here in Germany) is taxpayer-funded. It is not free.

The taxes I paid the one year I worked full-time over here would have covered a year at an ivy-league university in the USA.

Health care is a similar conundrum over here with taxpayer-funded and inefficient insurance mandates. Mercifully I'm privately insured, so medical professionals here are always happy to see me (often too much so; I have to turn down a lot of unnecessary tests, procedures, fittings, and equipment).

Best of luck in the future.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...