The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Life Extension Hacks

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
It might sound crude but I honestly think the most important two things in life in order of priority are
1) Accumulate enough wealth so that you achieve a large degree of financial freedom
2) After conquering the money problem, the most crucial thing is about learning what you need to know to delay death and aging

While I certainly have not yet “made it” in wealth but I do not think one must operate the two goals separately.

From my casual reading, things like cold shower, moderate exercise daily and moderate calories restriction are known to stimulate the body to produce certain chemicals to delay aging.

I am sure that there are many others who know the topic far more in depth and better. Hope that you can share more.

I am open minded to “non-scientific” or “pseudo-scientific” things.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
What do you define as 'life'? When does it start and when does it end?

If you could choose between 90 bad years, or 80 fantastic years, why would you prefer a life of 90 bad years?

Units of time may be equal, but what happens during them cannot be equal. Why do you ascribe value to the passing of time?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
What do you define as 'life'? When does it start and when does it end?

If you could choose between 90 bad years, or 80 fantastic years, why would you prefer a life of 90 bad years?

Units of time may be equal, but what happens during them cannot be equal. Why do you ascribe value to the passing of time?
It doesn’t have to be at opposing end. It is like car maintainance. If you do a good job it lasts longer in better condition.

It is pretty common sense. Besides longevity, you want to have a body that operates like a 35 year old when you are at age 50. A body that operates like average 50 year old when you are at age 70.

The better you pro-long your life there is higher chance that you live to see the scientific breakthrough in longevity.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
I F*cking love cold showers. It’s a high and makes you feel great. I use Wim Hoff method and have been at it since May.

Exercise is the same. Just about daily… except this last year (baby arrived, schedule left lol).

while I can’t tell if it’ll make my life longer, I do this because in the NOW I am better. I feel better. I think better. I make better decisions. And that leads to making more money, ironically. Meaning, you don’t need to first have money and then do this, sometimes it’s the reverse!

Hope this helps.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I f*cking love cold showers. It’s a high and makes you feel great. I use Wim Hoff method and have been at it since May.

Exercise is the same. Just about daily… except this last year (baby arrived, schedule left lol).

while I can’t tell if it’ll make my life longer, I do this because in the NOW I am better. I feel better. I think better. I make better decisions. And that leads to making more money, ironically. Meaning, you don’t need to first have money and then do this, sometimes it’s the reverse!

Hope this helps.
If it does make you more healthy and delays aging, surely it extends life.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
A few other things:
1. Alcohol- like masturbation, feels good while you do it, then you realize you just F*cked yourself. I barely have any.
2. Sugar - I am trying this now. Reducing sugar. I love sweet things but I’m sure it’s very bad for you. Does anyone have any good info on how bad is sugar?

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
If the goal is longevity, I think the best 'bang for your buck' solutions are simple but boring. This means avoiding risky activities / habits / that kill off people before they even reach old age.

However, the people who even think of or consider longevity in their decision-making are unlikely to ever die in an overdose or motorcycle accident.

So most of the 'work' is already done. Why try to squeeze the last few percentages of diminishing returns in this endevour?

If you already have good survival instincts, seeking longevity is an illusion and coping mechanism for dealing with the finality, the unknown, the unevitable -- Death.

Longevity is an extremely powerful concept though. Sadly, most are allured by it or manipulated with it, which supports my view.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
If the goal is longevity, I think the best 'bang for your buck' solutions are simple but boring. This means avoiding risky activities / habits / that kill off people before they even reach old age.

However, the people who even think of or consider longevity in their decision-making are unlikely to ever die in an overdose or motorcycle accident.

So most of the 'work' is already done. Why try to squeeze the last few percentages of diminishing returns in this endevour?

If you already have good survival instincts, seeking longevity is an illusion and coping mechanism for dealing with the finality, the unknown, the unevitable -- Death.

Longevity is an extremely powerful concept though. Sadly, most are allured by it or manipulated with it, which supports my view.
From my usual reading there are several approach to it.

1) First as you said avoid to out yourself in risk that involve in physical accidents
2) General good health habit. In any developed world it is pretty scary to notice many people age 50 or younger going through bypass surgery, dealing with chronic health condition like diabetes and high blood pressure.

Reducing sugar intake. Regular exercise. Drink enough water. Have sufficient sleep.

The thing about health damage is cumulative over the years, but the time you noticed something enough damage has been done.
3) More about the science of anti-aging.
Exercise (overlap with point number two). Take cold water bath, and take anti-aging supplement (if there is any good one). It reduces the biological clock progression in your cells. The reason is biotech is advancing real rapidly that there might be a major breakthrough in life extension (in next 20 years we might have something affordable that can double or triple our terminal age). But I believe there is a minimum non-financial criteria, that if you want to repair your old car it cannot be damaged beyond repair. The more healthier you are the more likely you are to benefit from any fiture technological breakthrough.

Last edited:

executivepickle

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Oct 4, 2021
NC
It might sound crude but I honestly think the most important two things in life in order of priority are
1) Accumulate enough wealth so that you achieve a large degree of financial freedom
2) After conquering the money problem, the most crucial thing is about learning what you need to know to delay death and aging

While I certainly have not yet “made it” in wealth but I do not think one must operate the two goals separately.

From my casual reading, things like cold shower, moderate exercise daily and moderate calories restriction are known to stimulate the body to produce certain chemicals to delay aging.

I am sure that there are many others who know the topic far more in depth and better. Hope that you can share more.

I am open minded to “non-scientific” or “pseudo-scientific” things.
You've link a video to David Sinclair in this thread, so I'd first highly suggest you read his book Lifespan. Another great one is the Longevity Diet by Valter Longo. The former is a bit more dense, but both of those books are rich in knowledge and have significantly changed my life and habits. Some things I've taken and integrated into my life:
  • Prioritizing 8 hours of decent sleep. This is not negotiable. (Suggested read: Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker)
  • 5-day fast a couple times a year (An ideal is four times per year, but I've been trying to gain weight)
  • Plant based diet (Coming from the South so this has been a difficult adjustment.)
  • Meditation
  • Minimizing chronic stress
  • Genetic Testing/DNA Analysis
I don't believe genetic testing has been stressed enough in the mainstream. To gauge genetic diseases and disorders by word-of-mouth ("Your great grandma had X so I'd watch out or that as you age") or personal observance does not cut it anymore. Popular DNA testing companies such as 23andme or Ancestry.com offer services to breakdown potential health concerns that may meet you in the future. as well as attribute and traits you most likely already express. Much of this is just the tip of the iceberg. You could go to other private companies and get a more detailed report which should eventually lead you to your own personal research. Google Scholar being your best friend: you could learn what obscure diseases may await you and the range of potential medicines you could use. That range of potential medicines can be whittled down as there may be studies showing ineffectiveness with a certain gene.
In less than a decade it will be deemed unethical and taboo to not have a detailed genetic analysis of your baby.

Autism aside I'd suggest Youtube channels such as Leo and Longevity and the Huberman Lab Podcast. Personalities such as David Sinclair and Rhonda Patrick.

The farther and more serious you go into the longevity rabbit-hole, the more necessary it is to pick up medical terminology and systems. After reading some of the books above, I suggest going on pubmed, Scholar or whatever and finding a review paper on whatever topic's interested you streaming down from longevity. You'll get a taste of that topic's lexicon and brief overview of the systems explained. You can then go farther back to the references of the paper and read those, and then you can search much more recent papers on whatever mechanism you've been looking into. You'll be able to first hand see the evolution of these ideas and have the ability to stay current. Branching into more and more systems you can leverage your knowledge and attempt to experiment.

Regardless, stay safe, stay healthy. Get your 8 hours too.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
If you don't drink, smoke, swear or fornicate you'll live a long time.

And if you do come to an early demise it'll seem like you lived an eternity anyway.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.