The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Life as unscripted young entrepreneur

Anything related to matters of the mind

OLY

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 2, 2020
nairobi
My name is oly am 20 years old I have read the unscripted and millionare fastlane books which helped me change my perspective of life and success. I really thank MJ DeMarco for the time he took to bring life to the buried dreams of many non talented people through his books which took him years to write and convey the message. The books gave me a percentage of 10% and am supposed to give back 90% by working and living to what I have learnt and make dreams come true.

To accomplish the 90% I took time to come up with my idea so that i can execute it and solve a problem and add value to the lives of others. After coming up with the idea I had to check and see if it was satisfying the productocracy / fastlane commandments (cents) of which it did then i started working on it 3 months down the line.

The problem comes in when I had to communicate with the parents and share with them the idea. I clearly explained to them about the project which they had a problem with it after I told them I won't be pursuing both the school system and my project and I wanted to focus on solving a problem and the unsatisfied need.

Being the scripted seeders they chose to view the situation in the scripted way after which they called my brother making the scripted operating system to increase in number, I had to explain the idea Ones more so that Yvette can be familiar with it bt then they had to protect their ego's by taking examples of other value cheators businesses that failed. I have been monitoring how they react during the Monday mornings due to 9-5 work and even after they come from work and I knew they don't love their job it's Just that they have to provide for us no matter what the situation, bt still pretend they are happy, even when they talk during their one on one conversations they are always depending on hope in everything.

After exposing my idea to them they were firm on me because I told them that I was going to quit my studies and create value to other people via my Idea.They kept on telling me that there is a job after I finish my education and that they would connect me to someone to get the job.I couldn't believe that and am not even willing to live a life full of hope because my sister now at 28 is still unemployed and has no future plans still leaving with parents because of following hope and a fake job she was promised.

After taking my time I had a lot of thoughts because I knew that I need to accomplish my dreams and that regret should never be part of my life. I don't want everytime to keep saying i wish i had the courage to follow my heart when there is time now and i have a choice to choose and change my future.

They remained firm with their decisions that i have to follow the school system.I asked them why should I follow it of which they told me jst to have papers that can show I went to school of which I was aganist it and told them I would rather solve a problem/ need than to hope that I get employed and regret later on after burrying my dreams.

It's a hard time for me and am ready to go after my Dreams no matter what

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
what proof do you have that you have the background / experience to do what you say? have you shown results?

follow their path WHILE doing your path. produce EXCELLENT results on both paths. then they will be more likely to support you.

story: when i was a kid, my best friend's father found out we were buying and selling atvs, motorcycles, etc. he got really mad. said we were being risky and stupid and the 'stock market' was where you made money. when we showed him our system and how we had made 5x as much money as him in the same amount of time, he cashed out his stocks and financed my friends business.

show results. they are your family and trying to help you in the way they know how. you may think they are wrong. they may be. you however have the burden of proof. go show results.

AlexAlecu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jun 8, 2020
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Hey, I agree with @ZCP .

My story:
In school I was a smart child, not 10s, but I was a national olympic in physics. When I was in high school I wanted to switch a career in physics with one in computer science. Even though I was smart, the result that made my parents trust me was to make money as a freelancer.
Now I'm at the point where I was to switch computer science for entrepreneurship. The results that made my fiancee support me was to make 2k euros profit from a dropshipping-like (I handled the stock myself in our house) business. I know it's not a lot, but at least it is something tangible.

The same will be with investors later on - show some results before they invest in your business. Doesn't need to be much.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.