The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Let's Try 180 degree VR content creation

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Okay, after work and even during vacation days I don't have the strength to work on my procedural content generation SaaS authoring tool.
I will return to that idea. It is the billion dollar idea, but I need something more approachable that I also care about for now.

Using Blender to create VR content is the plan.
I feel like all the players in the VR field jump on the hard problems. Admittedly I am easily impressed, but I think high resolution video (stereoscopic) is underrated and demand is currently not met.

I'll just try to build a following for a while.

Not sure what kind of content I will focus on. I know Blender is not easy to use and I lack crazy talent, so the more difficult projects will have to move to the end of the line.
Probably I'll start with low poly scenes first. Since I am not getting better at Brawlhalla but still like the concept, I think mockups of Brawlhalla games in VR are something I'll look into soon.

Basically the goal is to impress eventually - with clips and later demo reels. I want to show the potential of stereoscopic video. Might not have what it takes to pull that off, though.

A brainstorming result:

Code:
- Mockups
    - Games
        - Brawlhalla VR
        - Starcraft VR
    - Movie Scenes
        - Terminator
        - Jurassic Park
        - Back to the Future
        - Last Unicorn
    - Comics
    - Art
        - Remastered
        - Reimagined
        - Extended
    - Animations
        - Remastered
        - Reimagined
        - Extended
- Original Content
    - Animated Series (3 - 6 minute episodes)
    - Animated Information Graphics
    - Stereoscopic Original Art (not animated, but as slideshow clips to make it accessible)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.