Hi everyone, I've been a machine operator for the last ten years. Decent paying union job, and the security is good! The last five years I've been asking myself, what am I doing? What am I going to do with my life? I know that this isn't what I want to do for the rest of my working career! I still have 25 years left, assuming I want to retire early at 55. I wouldn't be able to if I stay where I am now.
So what's holding me back? I really don't know, maybe fear. Fear of loosing the the investments I worked so hard for the last ten years! Now that I have two young babies under the age of a year and a half, it's getting hard financially and harder to make the decision to leave.
I just started reading this forum and it made me realize a few things. I need to change who I am, as a person! I don't even know WHO I am, and I'm almost thirty years old. Stuck in the same routine for so long, and life is passing me by! I just need to bite fear in the a$$ and say f... You fear! And dive right in!
Hopefully this forum will continue to drive me forward and give me more inspiration! Thank you all for the posts!
Cheers Danny!
So what's holding me back? I really don't know, maybe fear. Fear of loosing the the investments I worked so hard for the last ten years! Now that I have two young babies under the age of a year and a half, it's getting hard financially and harder to make the decision to leave.
I just started reading this forum and it made me realize a few things. I need to change who I am, as a person! I don't even know WHO I am, and I'm almost thirty years old. Stuck in the same routine for so long, and life is passing me by! I just need to bite fear in the a$$ and say f... You fear! And dive right in!
Hopefully this forum will continue to drive me forward and give me more inspiration! Thank you all for the posts!
Cheers Danny!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
